SORT BY Relevancy
Join co-hosts Mark McNease and Rick Rose as we welcome author, social worker and activist Alex Sangha to this week's podcast.
Alex Sangha is an award-winning social worker and human rights activist who lives and works in the Metro Vancouver area of BC. Sangha has advocated for marginalized people including those with mental illness, South Asian immigrants, and gays and lesbians. Sangha is always interested in meeting new people, developing new friendships and relationships, and learning new things. He believes anyone can help bring about social change and make a difference in someone’s life; all it takes is effort.
Sangha was born in England, raised in Canada, and is of Indian descent. It is therefore no surprise that he feels like a product of the British Empire. Sangha completed a Bachelor of Social Work at the University of British Columbia, a Master in Public Administration and Public Policy from the London School of Economics, as well as a Master of Social Work from Dalhousie University. Sangha is currently the driving force behind the Dignity House project, which aims to provide affordable housing for vulnerable seniors in Vancouver.
Speech: Dharma Glimpse by Michelle Jouyo. Dharma Talk by Rev. Koyo Kubose: Self criticism vs acceptance; Self attitude - boastful vs critical; Interacting with others; Silence
Join Host Live Chats
- The Wacko Network (13 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (7 chatters)
- BobbieG (6 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (5 chatters)
- Psychic Stephen (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (4 chatters)
- TheFocusShow (4 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (4 chatters)
- The Gridiron Studs Show (3 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (2 chatters)
- Center for Empowered Women (2 chatters)
- In the Authors Corner with Etienne (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (2 chatters)
- Weedsday Wednesday (2 chatters)
- I Love Politics (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- OracleRadio (1 chatters)