SORT BY Relevancy
Join co-hosts Mark McNease and Rick Rose as we welcome author, social worker and activist Alex Sangha to this week's podcast.
Alex Sangha is an award-winning social worker and human rights activist who lives and works in the Metro Vancouver area of BC. Sangha has advocated for marginalized people including those with mental illness, South Asian immigrants, and gays and lesbians. Sangha is always interested in meeting new people, developing new friendships and relationships, and learning new things. He believes anyone can help bring about social change and make a difference in someone’s life; all it takes is effort.
Sangha was born in England, raised in Canada, and is of Indian descent. It is therefore no surprise that he feels like a product of the British Empire. Sangha completed a Bachelor of Social Work at the University of British Columbia, a Master in Public Administration and Public Policy from the London School of Economics, as well as a Master of Social Work from Dalhousie University. Sangha is currently the driving force behind the Dignity House project, which aims to provide affordable housing for vulnerable seniors in Vancouver.
Hazel Butterworth of Melbourne, Australia, will give a half-hour Dharma talk on Work, exploring ways to invite more of our working life and more of ourselves at work into the fold of our spiritual practice.
She says of her current practice, "I have been practising yoga and meditation for around 16 years. Some of the juiciest streams in my practise of late are centred around cultivating wildness, living at the frontier of direct relationship with life and effortlessness. I first encountered Jaya in 2005 when she and Gemma came to Australia on the first Open Dharma retreat in Australia.
To listen to other talks and meditations of Open Dharma please visit www.opendharma.org
These talks and others are offered on a donation basis. Please gift support for Open Dharma here
Dharma Glimpse by Lay Minister Dave Nichiyo. Dharma Talk by Lay Minister Seiyo Thomas.
Speech: Dharma Glimpse by Michelle Jouyo. Dharma Talk by Rev. Koyo Kubose: Self criticism vs acceptance; Self attitude - boastful vs critical; Interacting with others; Silence
Join Host Live Chats
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (50 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (13 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (13 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (10 chatters)
- Berean Bible Chapel Online Church (7 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Temple (6 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (5 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (4 chatters)
- Dino Dean (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (3 chatters)
- Kingdom United Ministries Network (3 chatters)
- Let It Grow (3 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (3 chatters)
- DTRT Wrestling And MMA Online (2 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (2 chatters)
- Rustie (1 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- Tell the Truth with Sharon Pope (1 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (1 chatters)
- bondservant4jesus (1 chatters)
- Aldon Hynes (1 chatters)
- Back Porch Writer (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Duneland Christian Living (0 chatters)
- WJBR (0 chatters)