SORT BY Relevancy
Come join the hosts of the Stories for Children show Virginia S Grenier and Irene Roth on Monday February 4, 2013 at 2pm EST - 1pm CST - Noon MST - 11am PST as they chat wtih author Sands Hetherington about his after lights out adventure series, Night Buddies. The first book in the Night Buddies series, Night Buddies and the Pineapple Cheesecake Scare is available anywhere books are sold. Night Buddies, Impostors, and One Far-Out Flying Machine, the second book in the Night Buddies series, has
For young John Degraffenreidt, a sleepless night is no reason to fret when tossing and turning in bed brings a bright red crocodile named Crosley out from under his bed. Night Buddies like Crosley promise an evening of adventure to any not-tired-yet kid and tonight is no different! Out of bed, and into the city, John embarks on a one-of-a-kind program with his crocodile pal. It seems like Cros is a one-of-a-kind individual that is, until red crocs start popping up all over the city, creating confusion, committing crimes, and causing Crosley to go bananas at the sight of them. The impostors must be stopped, and Night Buddies John and Crosley are just the guys to stop them! Racing blimp stakeouts high in the sky, impostor traps organized with the help of friend, and a never ending supply of pineapple cheesecake frozen yogurt make for one totally super sleepless night. Show more Show less
E210: Cody dell Akridge, Karoline Rhett, Dean Hetherington
ENVISION THIS: Together we can stop Tarmaggedon!
Bill McKibben's speech on Tar Sands Oil production and the movements against it at Sebago Lake in Maine was rousing. We think you will find this recording of it inspiring. It was certainly well received amongst the kyakers, inner tubers, nature lovers as well as those belonging to 350 Maine.
Merry and Burl, your ENVISION THIS hosts, listened to Bill McKibben'a plea to block the transport of dirty, very thick tar sand oil through 60-year old pipes that go right by Sebago Lake and other pristine New England drinking and recreational waters..
Yes, amongst the pristine beauty of a lake where folks were floating about on inter-tubes and holding signs protesting tar sands oil, we were all in bliss. We can recreate Eden if we so choose. But, to do so, we must stop the cancerous growth of the corporations and banker. Say NO! to tar sands oil. Say "NO!" to corporate banks and corporte owned government and begin to say "NO! to the pollution of our lands, and, ultimately, our minds.
McKibben's speech, played here, will inspire you, too, to take action to save the atmosphere, waters, and life of our Mother Earth.
The consummate Renaissance woman, Ahda Sands, has a rich and varied business background.
After graduating from California State University, Dominguez Hills with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Sands began her professional career with the California Public Utility Commission as an auditor. She later became a business consultant with Main, Hurdman & Cranston (now known as KPMG). After leaving KPMG, Sands became an Assistant Vice President with Security Pacific Bank where she worked during the day and attended law school at night, receiving a Juris Doctorate from the Southwestern University School of Law.
Sands then changed careers and went into private law practice. She grew up in a low income area and did not forget her modest beginnings. Most of her private practice clients were pro bono. Sands later joined the State of California as an attorney, and most recently, she became a real estate broker.
For nine years, she was a temporary Judge for the Los Angeles Superior Court. At church, Sands was an instructor in the First AME Entrepreneurial Training Program. She also participated in many career day programs for local high schools.
Sands has been a member of the American Bar Association, National Association of Female Executives, Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, John M. Langston Bar Association (where she is a past president), Co-Chair of the Multi Cultural Bar Alliance, Black Women Lawyers (where she was a member of the Board of Directors), Los Angeles Bench and Bar Affiliates, and the American Bridge Association.
She is also a member of the Citrus Valley Association of Realtors, Century 21 Masters - broker affiliate, California Association of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors. She was previously an active member of Investors Resource Center of America (now known as Prosperity Through Real Estate).
We live in a world where women endure a culture of rape, the indigenous have always endured a culture of rape, and we even rape our Earth. We are primitive and clueless. Let me tell you what primitive is: Fouling your own nest. That's what fracking and tar sands essentially do.Let me tell you what is advanced. Having the foresight to care about our life support system and environment for generations to come over short-term profits.Fukushima is quickly becoming Fukusallma. The Mounties are looking for a "compromise or peaceful resolution" down the end of automatic weapons in Canada - which equals "We are gonna force this down your throat," because energy vampires losing is unthinkable, and the people winning is doubly so.
in Real Estate
If you've listened to the past few episodes, you know how corrupt and greedy Wall Street is. You know the banks are just as corrupt and greedy as Wall Street. You know that the government in collusion with Wall St designed 401(k)'s and most other retirement investing vehicles.
You also know by now that if in fact you yourself are in one of these plans, you're more than likely not going to have the kind of retirement the "financial advisors" who sold you the plan, made you think you would! Now what?
The sands in the hourglass continue to drain, the "retirement hour" draws closer every day and you've come to realize your retirement plan will fall far short of your expectations. What do you do now? Is there an alternative that will aid me in my retirement financially?
You bet there is! It's real estate!! Many of your peers are now beginning to see the enormous advantage of real estate assets over "paper assets" from Wall Street. Listen in to this, and every episode and find out how YOU TOO can be part of this "control your own retirement" revolution beginning to take shape!
Visit our website http://investorzoneradio.wix.com/investor-zone-radio - and check out some very infomative articles regarding real estate and retirement. Follow us on Twitter (@InvestZoneRadio) and "Like" us on Facebook!
On tonight's show Chris Wilson and I will interview with Texan Mike Bishop who filed suit against the US Army Corps of Engineers to stop TransCanada from running part of the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline across his property. He is asking the judge to invalidate TransCanada’s permits and order public hearings throughout the pipeline's path in TX and OK. We also will get an update on Mayflower, AR spill and talk to residents there and in Marshall, MI.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (451 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (50 chatters)
- NTEB (24 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (18 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- TimBinnall (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (16 chatters)
- New Colony Network (16 chatters)
- RCRadio (14 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (14 chatters)
- Love Productions (14 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (14 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (12 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (10 chatters)
- Americas Most Haunted (10 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (10 chatters)
- Walking in Energy (10 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (9 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Cubanarama (8 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (8 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (7 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (7 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (7 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (6 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (6 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (6 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Talk2Q (4 chatters)
- drinkfive Fantasy Football Podcast (4 chatters)
- dtm wicked (4 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (4 chatters)
- mashahba (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Suite Radio Broadcast (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Walk in the Darkness (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (2 chatters)
- TEAM Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- The Annoying Peasants (2 chatters)
- Rykers Underground0 (2 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- MoodSwings (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- BGERZY N SUKI SUK SHOW (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (1 chatters)
- BeardsG3 (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- CarltonBurgess (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Chris and Duane (1 chatters)
- churchboi (1 chatters)
- KDCL Media (1 chatters)
- Howling Wolfs Raido (1 chatters)
- JIMMY LEE (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Music Art and Comedy Show (1 chatters)
- MMAPowerTalk Radio (1 chatters)
- Real Talk The Movement (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- The Lucid Dreamer Show (1 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (1 chatters)
- Stupid America0 (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- Word of Love and Faith (1 chatters)