SORT BY Relevancy
Our guest this morning is Sabina Sandoval, founder of the Hermosa Beach Drum Circle.
Sabina has recorded albums and played with some of the best in the business; from drumming with local all-female bands in Hermosa, to opening for such greats as Pat Benatar, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, and more. After 35 years of drumming, Sabina was reinvented as a drummer. Following a job related back injury, she was forced to give up her drum set, temporarily, and turned to a hand drum.
She eventually created an after school enrichment program and academic hour, "Free To Be Me Kool Kid Drummers", and now teaches in LAUSD, Redondo Beach, and Manhattan Beach schools.
Her non-profit, all volunteer organization, "Free To Be Me Drum Circle" goes into prisons, convalescent homes, schools and Hermosa Beach, every third Sunday of the month for the past 13 years.
Free To Be Me Drum Circle/After School Enrichment Program is a non-profit, all volunteer, charity group helping kids at risk, kids K through 12, elders, prison inmates, and people with mental disabilities by providing loving, educational, rhythmic drumming events.
For thirteen years, every third Sunday of the month, Free To Be Me Drum Circle, has held a drumming event on the sand, north of the Hermosa Beach Pier. Free To Be Me and the “Tribe of Angels” volunteers, provide drums and percussion instruments, inviting everyone to join in.
I dare say, most of the residents of the South Bay have heard and/or seen the Drum Circle on the beach but probably have no idea what it is. So this morning, we’re going to get the back story from Sabina herself.
To Find Out More about Jackie Balestra visit
To Find Out More Your Host, Joe Terry visit
On Facebook at ...
Tomás F. Summers Sandoval, Jr., Ph.D., Oral Histories with Chicano Veterans of the Vietnam War and their Families
Pomona College History Department and author of "Latinos at the Golden Gate" from UNC Press (2013)
Tomás F. Summers Sandoval, Jr., Ph.D., historian of the United States, with specialties in Chicana/o histories and California.
Currently working on a book exploring the impact of the Vietnam War on Latino communities in the United States, based largely on oral histories with Chicano veterans of the Vietnam War and their families.
Dr. Sandoval, Jr. is the second of three children born to two Chicanos from East Los Angeles, and the grandson of Mexican immigrants who arrived to California in the early and mid 20th century. He grew up in La Puente, CA.
He states "teaching is my vocation". Dr. Sandoval, Jr. views teaching as a collaborative process of fostering learning in others.
He shares "As a child, no one in my immediate (nuclear) family could call themselves a “college graduate.” Today, all five of us hold at least a Bachelor’s degree, four earned a Master’s, and two of us earned our Ph.D."
Dr. Sandoval, Jr. attended St. Joseph’s Elementary School and Bishop Amat Memorial High School, both in La Puente. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Claremont McKenna College in 1994. Then attended the University of California, Berkeley, received both a M.A. degree (1996) and a Ph.D. (2002) in United States History.
In January 2006, he joined the faculty of Pomona College, one of the collection of higher education institutions collectively known as the “Claremont Colleges.”
Tomas holds a joint appointment in the History Department and Department of Chicana/o ~ Latina/o Studies. In 2012 he was awarded tenure Associate Professor.
The purpose of this show is to inspire people to embrace the amazing and magnificent gift that we call life. During the show, we will explore holistic philosophies and teachings with an emphasis on self-love, self-respect, and self-improvement. Our audience will be inspired by how easy and fun it can be to learn and practice these life-changing lessons. Follow as we explore everything from the way we eat and exercise to how we live and love.
Dave Sandoval founder of Purium Health Products visits Perfectly Healthy And Toned Radio to discuss his book,"The Green Foods Bible".
David Sandoval is the founder of Purium Health Products, a multi-million dollar health foods company established in 2004. An entrepreneur and world-renowned expert in phytochemistry and superfoods, Sandoval has directed Purium’s production of more than 50 all-natural, plant-based powders, shakes and supplements that promote healthy weight loss, as well as the company’s gift card marketing program. Since launching the program, Purium has given away more than four million dollars in products and has grown by 2500%. An in-demand speaker and author of “The Green Foods Bible,” Sandoval studied the global methods of holistic healing and whole foods nutrition alongside the most recognized industry leaders. He regularly coaches celebrities and athletes to quickly and safely achieve their fitness, weight loss and health goals through his 10-Day Celebrity Transformation.
When Pablo Sandoval arrived at camp he was a little bit bigger than expected; however, the Bruins defense has been getting slimmer and slimmer as the season wears on.
May 11 - Multi-Grammy Award Winning Trumpeter/Composer/Humanitarian Arturo Sandoval
My friend, Maestro, Arturo Sandoval, once again graces the Jazzin Em Up With Cres O'Neal airwaves to discuss his brand new release, "Dear Diz (Every Day I Think Of You". This project is already receiving great buzz around the jazz scene.
May 4 - Multi-Grammy Award Winning Trumpeter/Composer/Humanitarian Arthur Sandoval
My friend, Maestro, Arturo Sandoval, once again graces the Jazzin Em Up With Cres O'Neal airwaves to discuss his highly anticipated, soon to be released CD, "Dear Diz (Every Day I Think Of You". This project is already receiving great buzz around the jazz scene.
Dr Daniel Haupt talks with Pastor Age Sandoval about the journey of being a fallen PK kid to being a prisionor with a miraculus release from jail, to the transformative pulpit and community base outreach ministry on an International scale. With Kingdomcentric thoughts and wisdom on how to break through the ethnic,racial,economic boundaries and have a impact with the Gospel of Jesus Kingdom Culture.
Composer, producer and multi-instrumentalist Onel Mulet has performed with a roster of legendary artists including Santos Colon, Pete "El Conde" Rodriguez and Celia Cruz as well as internationally renowned artists Johnny Pacheco, Bobby Valentin, Ismael Miranda, Larry Harlow, Bobby Cruz, Jose Luis Rodriguez "El Puma", Israel Sardiña of Los Van Van, Arturo Sandoval,Malena Burke, Carlos "Patato" Valdes as well as the notable Cuban Troubadour Pedro Luis Ferrer, and NY-based Grammy nominated artists, David Oquendo and Roman Diaz. Born and reared in Miami, of Cuban heritage, Onel,s musical environment was anchored by the music of his parents, Cuban masters, and richly influenced by the diversity of American music including Motown, funk, old school Rhythm & Blues, classical music and jazz greats, Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Paquito DíRivera and John Coltrane. A graduate of the New World School of the Arts in Florida, he quickly became part of the local Miami music scene.
Join Jerry Chiles and guests today at 9pm ET/6pm PT as they discuss NCAA Football, NHL and MLB topics and answer questions that you may have.
* Determining top Defenses in College Football
* Big 12 Contenders in 2015
* College Football’s top Senior Prospects
* Pac-12 Announces Early Schedule
* Big-12 Hovering with Soft Schedule
* Unbrakable College Football Records
* Jayhawks Dismiss Players
* Connor Brewer transfers to Virginia
* Drew Brees donates $1M to Purdue Football Program
Wagers & Odds
* Las Vegas picks to win NCAA Football Conference Titles
* Canadiens re-sign Nathan Beaulieu
* Coyotes start legal process
* John Spano Gets 10 years
* NHL Owners Update
* Blue Jays on the move
* Greinke at Crossroads in Career
* Best Pitchers under 25 years of age
* Pablo Sandoval
* Ex-MLB Player Darrell Hamilton murdered
To listen to the show, go over to www.SportzAddix.com and click on the live radio player or to listen or be part of the show, simply dial 646-378-1303
in Pop Culture
June 17 - 4 time Grammy Award winner - Arturo Sandoval
Arturo Sandoval has been awarded 4 Grammy Awards, 6 Billboard Awards and an Emmy Award. The latter for his composing work on the entire underscore of the HBO movie based on his life, “For Love or Country” starring Andy Garcia. He is one of the most dynamic and vivacious live performers of our time, and has recently been seen by millions in the Grammy Awards performing with pop-phenomenon Justin Timberlake as well as on the Latin Billboard Awards with the gifted Alicia Keys, where he was awarded his 6th Billboard Awards for “Best Latin Jazz Album”.
It is both a pleasure and honor to have Arturo as my guest. I hope you will join me for this very special occasion.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (107 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (41 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (38 chatters)
- The Portal - Dorothy (28 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (23 chatters)
- AJC Radio (18 chatters)
- Fins Radio (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- Witch School (10 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (8 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (8 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- America Matters show (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (5 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (1 chatters)
- Sandi and Toi Flip That SH*T (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- The Steve and Joe Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- Love Unlimited Coaching (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)