SORT BY Relevancy
In Pt.1 of our interview with writer / director / producer Dale Launer we dove into the origins of his RUTHLESS PEOPLE and BLIND DATE, and just started on DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS. In Pt. 2 we finish SCOUNDRELS, discuss his most popular film, MY COUSIN VINNY; then with his directorial efforts, LOVE POTION #9 and TOM’S NU HEAVEN, take a turn into “Dale’s Film School” - wherein the multi-hyphenate discusses not only the origins of the later two, but (both pro and con) their filming, editing, test screening and marketing. It’s a privileged glimpse into the sometimes “down dirty and ruthless”, but always fascinating-as-hell, career of one of the most successful film makers of the last 20 years.
* DALE LAUNER: OFFICIAL SITE @ http://www.dalelauner.com/
* JOHN MARSHALL LAW SCHOOL: "MY COUSIN VINNY" - A STORY ABOUT LEGAL EDUCATION @ http://bernabetorts.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-cousin-vinny-story-about-legal.html
* JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOC: "THE TOP 25 GREATEST LEGAL MOVIES OF ALL TIME" @ http://www.abajournal.com/gallery/top25movies/97
* CRAIG JAMISON: GULLCOTTAGE / SANDLOT FILM BLOG - REF. LIBRARY @ http://gullcottageonline.com/
* THE GRINDHOUSE: WITH CRAIG & JIM on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/TheGrindhouseWithCraigJim
MY COUSIN VINNY, DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS, RUTHLESS PEOPLE, BLIND DATE and more: screenwriter / producer / director Dale Launer has been the creative force behind some of the most popular films in American pop culture history. In a no-holds-barred, insightful and hilariously off color one-on-one interview (originally intended as a brief half-hour chat; now clocking in as two one hour + podcast episodes) Launer damn near offers a "beer summit" mini-film school treatise on the inspiration and creation (positives and negatives) of some of his most acclaimed films, along with a passionate paradigm plan for the future of independent cinema. Film students, scarred industry vets and plain 'ol movie fans will all find something to love and latch on to in this rare, one-of-a-kind sit down with a true cinematic legend ... who still refuses to sell out! Includes film audio clips, music and more. - CEJ
* DALE LAUNER - OFFICIAL SITE: Incl. articles "Cure Writer's Block", "(23) Rules Of Movie Development" and more: http://www.dalelauner.com/
* GULLCOTTAGE / SANDLOT Film Blog - Film Reference Library: http://gullcottageonline.com/
* THE GRINDHOUSE: WITH CRAIG & JIM on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheGrindhouseWithCraigJim
* Craig's upcoming feature length documentary STEVE VERTLIEB: THE MAN WHO "SAVED" THE MOVIES: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2tMmwMLCCyXQqKmpu3gWw/feed
03/12 at (5:30pm est )we'll be a live interview with Jerry Heller on @Dagrahynd_Music radio (646)595-3287 #Dagrahynd #radio #weBworking #online #nwa #easye #karatvodka
Listen live at www.blogtalkradio.com/dagrahyndmusic2104
THE PSYCHOLOGY AND METAPHYSICS OF WEALTH (not prosperity) STRONG MEN RETAIN RICHES After 23 businesses, 40 different jobs, and 40 years of studying wealth and prosperity and say with confidence, that Proverbs 11:16 is true! A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong [men] retain riches. A kindhearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth. A gracious woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth. A gracious woman gets honor, and violent men get riches. What are the characteristics of wealth? Join me today, as I reveal explain illuminate and simplify THE GREEK WORD; "ariyts" (pronounced a-rets) which means awe-inspiring, terror-striking, awesome, terrifying, ruthless, mighty.
WARNING; THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS SHOW!!!! WEALTH IS NOT THE SAME THING AS PROSPERITY!! LISTENER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!
The episode that started it all! It includes a report from the Ferguson October rally and features pivotal speeches by Rev. Osagyefo Uhuru Sekou; Ahmad Abuznaid, Legal and Policy Director of the Dream Defenders; rapper-turned-international-activist Tef Poe; Montega Simmons of Organization of Black Struggle; and Taurean Russell of Hands Up United. It is a special pre-recorded show and will include a live chat for loyal listeners!
In the Streets With Beverley Smith is an in-your-face look at police brutality, misconduct, political shenanigans, and other social justice issues. Beverley brings us front page reports on the ongoing struggle for racial, social, and gender justice in America and the world, brought to you straight from the heart by an empowered and impassioned activist-priestess of ruthless compassion and insight.
Tune in every Tuesday 6pm PT, 9pm ET. Listen online, call 323-642-1214 and listen by phone, Skype, or 'Click-to-Talk' via a computer interface. Then join in chat using a registered BlogTalkRadio account.