SORT BY Relevancy
Embattled rural progressive speaks about her first hand account; trials and tribulations of fighting the "Old Gaurd" and how in rurual Georgia 2014 it is still affecting their ability to organize around Obama's "Respect, Empower, and Include".
Embattled rural progressive speaks about her first hand account; trials and tribulations of fighting the "Old Gaurd" and how in rurual Georgia 2014 it is still affecting her ability to organize around Obama's "Respect, Empower, and Include".
(JUST A DISCLAIMER to let you know we loose conncection at about 33 mins or so. We will have Part 2 ASAP to close)
Jessica Barrett shares her struggles organizing the powerful red county. The only red county south of the famous I-4 cooridor. She began a Young Dems of America Chapter in Polk, and a lil history folks so you can get your head wrapped around the courage this lady has. Big Ben HIll Griiffin, who built the "Gator Swampbowl" for the UF. He owns cattle, potassium farms, you name it. Well he has a Grandaughter named, Katherine Harris, (who grew up in Bartow Polk County) you may recall the name for she was the Sec of State of Fl who called the race for Bush against AL Gore in 2000. COincidence, we think not....
Jessica and I left a Purple county, just ready to claim it's voting rights, although voter suppresion and collusion to committ fraud was seen on 2010. Very powerful people control outcomes, but in the midterm 2010 we almost won a congressional race due to our high volunteerism and indeed Polk County was the ONLY County called out the night before the elction fro the exceptional work the county did. It was the people, and Jessica started the way. I can't wait to do this interview! Hope you will join us for encouragment on mid-terms and take away suggestions that worked for us In Florida 2010!
It took generations of struggle for women and minorities to gain the right to vote. With the voting rights act in 1965, finally every vote counted.
One generation later, 34 states have passed voter ID laws, disenfranchising millions of voters. Most are women, older, or minority voters.
RuralVotes and South Forward have teamed up to launch a new Voter ID Project. to help voters.
Donate today by clicking on the Blue Link above!
Casey Willits is a past State Director for Fairness West Virginia 2013. He's an Obama Alumni from 2008-2012. We will be talking about isolation, the deep south, and rural progressive politics. Please join us!
I met Harold Geddings lll while working during the modterms in Florida 2010. He came to me highly recomended by a friend and when I was asked to hire ten Team rural folk from Georgia there were not enough willing to come on such short notice hence my meeting Harold. I was delighted to meet this qualified, fantastically great guy who turned out to be one of my key players in the drama that unfolded in Polk County 2010. We were called the one sunny spot during the midterms for our exceptional voter outreach, engagement and organizational work at the end. The pace was fast and Harold was to.
I am delighted to be introducing him. He couragesouly ran for Congress in South Carolina's 2nd Congressional District against notorious "Congressman Joe "YOU LIE" Wilson. His campaign Hard Hats for Harold got some press because he kept his day job and ran against an incumbent who does not represent working folk. Harold got tapped this year by the Labor Party as thier Candidate and he willing excepted. He is a great and honorable man, He is also a Team Player, and a Progressive voice for all of us in the South. He is THE qualified, bona-fide, Labor Candidate and I can't wait to introduce you all to him and his race. We hope you will tune in live where you will be able to call in at (347) 996-3968.
Terry Reasoner @ Virginia Speaks her Mind-Protesting AGAIN 50 Years Later in DC
Activist and fellow Progressive Terry and I met online and when I took an organizing job on the Americans for Workplace Oppurtunity, helping organize West Virginia's Senator Manchin to commit to vote for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. WHich he did! Terry herself delivered personally the signatures we gathered to his office and indeed has spoke in depth for Human Rights and Decency. She has championed the people of West Virginia by asking Senator Jay Rockafellow why he doesn't speak out to America when they slander or depict West Virginians as backwards or hillbilly. She has removed the stereotypes everywhere she goes.
She volunteers on so many projects that they are to numerous to name, Pro-Choice Issues, Canvassing and Phonebanking. She is an Organizer with Fire in the Belly and I am so glad to have her on one of our first shows. Team Rural please meet a real Team Player, Terry Reasoner! (AND she has an exceptionally remarkable to stroy to tell about sneaking out the window at 14
Carol Sue O'Neal Haid was born In Rhonda, West Virginia, A rural community of well known Cabin Creek, West Virgina. Her Grandfather Charles Arnold O'Neal talked to her first hand about the Coal Mine Wars and today we are going to talk about when the miners could choose currency $ or script or company money. She was a founder of the United Food Operation, or U.F.O. in Charleston, West Virginia. Carol also sat on the Kanawha Valley Labor Council. She's also My Aunt!!! Get ready for some real Redneck stories
ENVISION THIS: Combining the best practices from history and around the world to create a modern, rural micropolis in Central Maine, USA
Our guest, Tracy Gayton of Dover Foxcroft, Maine, envisions The Piscataquis Village Project as such a settlement “evolving organically and growing incrementally” and, so far, he has raised over 1/5 of the $2 million required funds to get it started.
The Piscataquis Village Project “was founded to establish the first compact, car free village in the United States...Though our project will not construct buildings, we will draft the street plan and simple design code, based on the best of traditional practices, that will guide the build-out of the site. Attached, durable and fire resistant buildings, no taller than a walkable height, will front on narrow streets, with continuous arcaded sidewalks offering shelter for the elderly and mobility challenged. Buildings will be arranged to create plazas, serving as markets and democratic meeting places for all classes of people, and will surround interior courtyards for more private space. All destinations will be within convenient walking distance, with vehicles garaged at the village perimeter. 375 acres of garden space, sufficiently sized for each household to raise a significant amount of food, will encompass the developed zone…The green belt, other than the area designated for vehicle parking, would also be a zone for allotment gardens, small scale agriculture, playing fields, outdoor recreation and park-like green space.
Is the Piscataquis Village Project a promising way to combine the resilient, equitable, and Earth-friendly qualities essential for a sustainable future with the best of rural and village lifestyles of the past? Let’s question and listen to its planner, Tracy Gayton, to find out.
Dialogue Hosts Bruce Friedman, Susan Minkita and Dennis Cogswell as they are joined by Special Guest Scott Sorensen, President Rural Social Work Caucus 19 May 2014 9:00 pm EST.
Topics discussed include Dual Relationships. Is Rural Social Work Practice more than following Advanced Generalist Practices, The July Rural Social Conference in New Mexico, and Rural Social Work Education Programs of Distinction. Call in at 347-327-9168. Dialogue with Us!
The use of computers, smart phones and ICT connected devices have been the norm across the world and Urban African cities but the absolute reverse is the case in rural centers in Africa.
To correct this and bring about a positive change that empowers African rural children with ICT technology, I speak with Daniel Leston, Emmanuel and Eiman Sakha.
They are the brain behind a KickStarter project specifically launched to fill the ICT centre with computers.
African Youth Guild is an NGO that strives to make this happen
Listen now and here their story.
To connect with Africa Youth Guild on Facebook head over to www.Facebook/pages/African -Youth-Guild
And their Twitter handle is @ayguild, @df_leston and @lyrikal_kingdum
For more information on how to reach me visit www.marketingkisspr.com
You can also drop your questions in my voicemail page on the site.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (106 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (30 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (27 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (20 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (17 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (16 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (12 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- canadianglen (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (8 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (7 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Curious Times (6 chatters)
- DDP Radio (6 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (4 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (4 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (4 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (3 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (2 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- DLFootball (2 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Interface (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (1 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (1 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (1 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (0 chatters)