SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. J. E. Carthron, host of Better Public Schools for America will be discussing "Working to Change Public Schools", with his special guest and they will speak on the following points:
How to increase the teachers expectation for your child.
How to help your child have their best year ever in school.
We will also be taking call in questions and comments from across the county.
CITIZENS MAKING SCHOOLS BETTER
WIN LEARNING presents FRIENDS OF TEXAS SCHOOLS, aterific citizen's organization with Executive Director Stacey Osborne and founder Scott Milder
This week Scott covers the latest news from the farm, how to properly clean small scale dairy equipment, and the topic of Freedom, Property and the Rural/Urban Divide.
KEEPING 'TABS' ON INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS
Peter Upham. Executive Director of THE ASSOCIATION OF BOARDING SCHOOLS (TABS) is our guest speaking on their The North American Boarding Initiative.
Presented by HOUGHTON MIFFLIN HARCOURT
Jeana Brown from Brunswick Georgia meets up in the kitchen with callers! First topic for mixing is Politcs, added with a dash of activism, storytelling, and a godly measure of common sense. What are we gonna get? A real Holiday Treat!
Join us at www.teamrural.com where you will be a member of this grassroots common sense movement. Find our Page on Facebook by typing Team Rural into the blue search bar and then "Like" our page and "Share" please with your friends. We will be happy to have you join us in the kitchen December 25th at Noon for a new recipe to change outcomes like #soicetalsystems #teamplayer Please share this link like wild flowers grow cause you just can't stop the spreading of a good recipe! #gottawhoilelottalove
Iron Bow's Dan Klanderman shares his thoughts about telemedicine and telehealth and how organizations are innovatively solving the issue of the "last mile" in rural areas. Many in America not only do not enjoy high-speed broadband access, but many also do not have any Internet access at all, but smartphones and mobile connectivity are creating opportunities for those people to take advantage of some telehealth solutions today.
Counselor Mandy Eppley speaks with school social worker Barry Sherman about his story and the impact his mother’s sudden death when he was 18 years old had on the course of his life. Barry also gives a first-hand account of the inequity that is in many of the schools throughout our country. He is experiencing this at the school he currently works in, located in Charlotte, NC, as it has moved backward and is now segregated. The biggest factor that separates the children in his school from other schools is their socio economic status with the majority living in poverty. Due to this, the majority of children are struggling with multiple risk factors that they bring to school with them each day. Thus, instead of being able to teach and create an optimal learning environment, they need to spend time addressing these risk factors. He is using his grief and outrage about this situation to fuel the actions he is taking to address and change this on a systemic level. One of the messages he wants to get out is that the best learning environment can be created when diversity, especially in economic levels, is present in our schools.??
Barry Sherman - MSW, LCSW, is a school social worker with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. Until 2011 he served for nearly 20 years as the Assistant Director of The Institute for Life-leadership & Coaching. He also continues his work with INTEGRA for KIDS, a leadership development program for children utilizing the creative arts. www.INTEGRAforKIDS.org.?? Barry is also taking a leadership role in changing what is happening in our schools. To find out more about what actions are being taken by the OneMECK Coalition to institute change in the Charlotte/Mecklenburg system please visit www.onemeck.org. This coalition could also serve as a model for other cities and school systems.
STARTING WITH THE STANDARDS: CURRICULUM FACILITATION IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
MENTORING MINDS brings us Linda Rhyne, Academic Facilitator at Berewick Elementary, a Charlotte NC elementary school on how, with limited reources they develop curriculum to meet the new standards. Ashley Feistel from Mentoring Minds will be joining us as well.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (88 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (38 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (37 chatters)
- The Appearance (18 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (7 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- Psychic energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (4 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (3 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (3 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- Unlimited Love and Life (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- The Red Room Radio (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Speaking to the Heart Network (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Healing and Hope (1 chatters)
- Lady Patriots (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx s Pop Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Brower Report (1 chatters)
- Chakram Radio (1 chatters)
- coachtmb (1 chatters)
- Fins Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (0 chatters)