SORT BY Relevancy
The Running Shoe Industry does not design shoes that help us perform better and safer; they make shoes based on market research and fashion trends. Listen as Jay Dicharry PT and gait analyst helps us sort through the confusion of running shoe selection. The industry served up high heels, heavy cushioned shoes for nearly 30 years. They then did an about face and went minimalist to chase the trend. Now they have turned back to heavily cushioned shoes. Clearly we, they or both are sorely confused! Nothing could be worse for a marathon runner than to shift from one extreme to the other and back again. Jay Dicharry is one of the most knowledgeable experts in the field of running mechanics today. This is a great show for all runners to hear.
An Interview with Dr Nicholas Romanov, author and creator of The Pose Method of Running. Dr Romanov is arguably one of the first running coaches to identify the importance of shifting to a Natural Running style to reduce injuries and improve performance.
Pose Running is named relative to the “Pose” position a runner creates as the initiate proper running technique which is describes as an “S” like body position with slightly bent knees with the driving leg lifting the foot under the hip. The matra is Pose-Fall-Pull. This technique allows gravity to act as the primary force of forward movement. Being that our show is named The Natural Running Network Live, this interview should make for a very interesting as well as informative for our audience.
Many runners are afraid to change the way they run even though they are plagued with running injuries. Richard Diaz and guest Peter Faletto, PT, gait correction expert, explain how a runner would change the way they run to reduce injury and improve performance.
Both Richard and Peter are highly experienced in the practice of neuromuscular re-education through a very unique system of unweighting and passively correcting poor gait mechanics while in motion. Any runner who is engaged in marathon training, half marathon training or even high intensity sprint speed athletics should tune into this episode.
Join Richard Diaz and his guest, Coach Jenny Hadfield as they discuss an exotic running vacation: The Havana Cuba Half Marathon. Due to the US embargo, Cuba has been restricted for US travelers. This is a unique chance to visit and run on the forbidden Island of Cuba.
Few Americans have had the pleasure of visiting Cuba since we blocked trade with Cuba as far back as October of 1960 back. Through the efforts of InsightCuba, a non-profit travel organization specializing in legal people-to-people travel to Cuba for Americans, runners from the US can legally visit Cuba to participate in this event.
in Self Help
The Parking Gods, Vacation, Running Away… and Other Tales of Reality Creation
Thursday June 5, 2014 @ 1 pm (CST) on Healthy Mind & Body radio… The Parking Fairy, Running Away… and Other Tales of Reality Creation…
Anyone who has ever ridden in a car with me will know that I am a believer in THE PARKING GODS… those deities who are in control of who gets to park upfront and those… WHO MUST WALK… and that’s right, I get a space up front 99.99999999% percent of the time, it’s quite remarkable. The most remarkable part is that it has been happening for so long… I expect it.
But THIS SHOW isn’t about walking or parking. It’s about creating a reality that works for you. I’ll be talking about several ways to RE-AUTHOR and RE-CONSTRUCT your reality, your personality in a way that WORKS BETTER…
WANT TO KNOW MORE? Listen to the show
We’ll talk more then,
If you want to call in and ask a question - 818-668-5406
leave a phone message - 214-702-3774
email a question - firstname.lastname@example.org
Marathon Runners, are you confused, injured or simply ill-informed about running shoes? What’s best for you, minimal, zero drop, stability or motion control? Join us as we bring back Dr. Emily Splichal to de-mystify shoe selection for all types of runners.
There is so much marketing hype in the billion dollar shoe industry it is hard to sort the fact from fiction. Dr Emily is a world renowned podiatrist, educator and founder of The Evidence Based Fitness Academy. She has a lot to offer in the way of sound advice for runners, especially those who have been plagued with running injuries. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
Ultra runner Eddie Metro of the Department of Agriculture is heavily involved with Boulder sports through volunteer work (at Flatiron Running fun runs) as well as through competition for example racing for the Flatirons Running Team at the Colorado Cross Country Championships. Racing through 18 degree temperatures and snow Eddie placed 2nd in his age group. Metro is a popular personality around Boulder and especially Flatirons Running stroe. We look forward to hearing about Eddie's roots in running and what keeps him motivated to push his limits.
Every Runner should listen to this interview with Jay Dicharry MPT, CSCS, and Director of The REP Biomechanics Lab in Bend Oregon. Richard Diaz and Jay discuss what Running Shoes can’t do for you and what you need to do to avoid injury and perform optimally.
Jay is the author of Anatomy for Runners and one of the most knowledgeable clinicians of biomechanics in the running industry today. Learn what not to expect your running shoes to be able to do for you and what you should be doing to become a stronger more efficient runner. This is a conversation that is long overdue!
This winter the weather has been challenging. Running in extreme cold weather requires discipline and preparation. Join Richard Diaz and co-host Vanessa Runs as she calls from her igloo as we discuss what to wear and how to prepare for running in the snow.
The east coast has been punished by harsh winter storms and power outages; our co-host Vanessa Runs is calling us direct from her self-made igloo. The topic of running a marathon or ultra-marathon when the weather dips below freezing is our focus for this broadcast. Be sure to tune in… if your power is out, you can catch the show later from our archives.
Running in extreme cold weather requires discipline and preparation. Join Richard Diaz and co-host Vanessa Runs as she calls from her igloo as we discuss what to wear, feed and how to prepare for running a ultra-marathon in the snow, ice and freezing rain.
The east coast typically gets punished by harsh winter storms and power outages: We expect no less this winter. What could be more appropriate for this show than to have our co-host Vanessa Runs is calling us direct from her self-made igloo. The topic of running a marathon or ultra-marathon when the weather dips below freezing is our focus for this broadcast. Be sure to tune in… if your power is out, you can catch the show later from our archives.
America is a meca for running. With year round running options and adventures there is something to cater for all tastes.
Following on from the recent Partnerunning Show feature on running bucket and our Partnerunning European Run Vacation episode this week we travel around the United States tasting the running menu.
Taking a month by month approach we cover our favourite events including Honolulu and The Lost Dutchman as well as the better and lesser known events.
Also on this weeks show:
Over the shoulder
Great Ocean Walk 100 review
The road ahead
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (111 chatters)
- John Baptist (72 chatters)
- Channel Panel (57 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (52 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (31 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (24 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (18 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (18 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (17 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (16 chatters)
- AlimBey (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- GalacticU Radio (10 chatters)
- canadianglen (10 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (9 chatters)
- Radio Capicu (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (8 chatters)
- David and Wes (8 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (8 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (8 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (7 chatters)
- 12kyle (7 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (6 chatters)
- TV Diehard (6 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (5 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (5 chatters)
- EmpowerYOU Radio (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (3 chatters)
- Black Wealth Creation (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Loud And Clear1 (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (0 chatters)