SORT BY Relevancy
The Running Shoe Industry does not design shoes that help us perform better and safer; they make shoes based on market research and fashion trends. Listen as Jay Dicharry PT and gait analyst helps us sort through the confusion of running shoe selection. The industry served up high heels, heavy cushioned shoes for nearly 30 years. They then did an about face and went minimalist to chase the trend. Now they have turned back to heavily cushioned shoes. Clearly we, they or both are sorely confused! Nothing could be worse for a marathon runner than to shift from one extreme to the other and back again. Jay Dicharry is one of the most knowledgeable experts in the field of running mechanics today. This is a great show for all runners to hear.
Join Richard Diaz and his guest, Coach Jenny Hadfield as they discuss an exotic running vacation: The Havana Cuba Half Marathon. Due to the US embargo, Cuba has been restricted for US travelers. This is a unique chance to visit and run on the forbidden Island of Cuba.
Few Americans have had the pleasure of visiting Cuba since we blocked trade with Cuba as far back as October of 1960 back. Through the efforts of InsightCuba, a non-profit travel organization specializing in legal people-to-people travel to Cuba for Americans, runners from the US can legally visit Cuba to participate in this event.
in Self Help
The Parking Gods, Vacation, Running Away… and Other Tales of Reality Creation
Thursday June 5, 2014 @ 1 pm (CST) on Healthy Mind & Body radio… The Parking Fairy, Running Away… and Other Tales of Reality Creation…
Anyone who has ever ridden in a car with me will know that I am a believer in THE PARKING GODS… those deities who are in control of who gets to park upfront and those… WHO MUST WALK… and that’s right, I get a space up front 99.99999999% percent of the time, it’s quite remarkable. The most remarkable part is that it has been happening for so long… I expect it.
But THIS SHOW isn’t about walking or parking. It’s about creating a reality that works for you. I’ll be talking about several ways to RE-AUTHOR and RE-CONSTRUCT your reality, your personality in a way that WORKS BETTER…
WANT TO KNOW MORE? Listen to the show
We’ll talk more then,
If you want to call in and ask a question - 818-668-5406
leave a phone message - 214-702-3774
email a question - email@example.com
Marathon Runners, are you confused, injured or simply ill-informed about running shoes? What’s best for you, minimal, zero drop, stability or motion control? Join us as we bring back Dr. Emily Splichal to de-mystify shoe selection for all types of runners.
There is so much marketing hype in the billion dollar shoe industry it is hard to sort the fact from fiction. Dr Emily is a world renowned podiatrist, educator and founder of The Evidence Based Fitness Academy. She has a lot to offer in the way of sound advice for runners, especially those who have been plagued with running injuries. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
Every Runner should listen to this interview with Jay Dicharry MPT, CSCS, and Director of The REP Biomechanics Lab in Bend Oregon. Richard Diaz and Jay discuss what Running Shoes can’t do for you and what you need to do to avoid injury and perform optimally.
Jay is the author of Anatomy for Runners and one of the most knowledgeable clinicians of biomechanics in the running industry today. Learn what not to expect your running shoes to be able to do for you and what you should be doing to become a stronger more efficient runner. This is a conversation that is long overdue!
This winter the weather has been challenging. Running in extreme cold weather requires discipline and preparation. Join Richard Diaz and co-host Vanessa Runs as she calls from her igloo as we discuss what to wear and how to prepare for running in the snow.
The east coast has been punished by harsh winter storms and power outages; our co-host Vanessa Runs is calling us direct from her self-made igloo. The topic of running a marathon or ultra-marathon when the weather dips below freezing is our focus for this broadcast. Be sure to tune in… if your power is out, you can catch the show later from our archives.
Trail Running is on the rise; one of the most epic challenges for an Ultra Trail Runner is traversing the Grand Canyon. Listen as Vanessa Runs shares her journey from rim-to-rim-to-rim, running through one of the 7 great Natural Wonders of the World.
How long will it take? Well, first of all, it’s not a race. It would be crazy to do this run and not take some time to enjoy the incredible scenery. A mid-pack runner should plan on at least 13-15 hours.
It is a tough run, with a little bit of everything as obstacles: some rocky sections of trail, some exposure, two BIG hills, heat, cold, altitude (7000 feet at the south rim, 2600 feet at the bottom, 8000 feet at the north rim).
You will definitely feel like you’ve accomplished something when you finish. And you will see the Grand Canyon as few have ever seen it!
Are you obsessed with your running? Dr Michelle Cleere and our host Richard Diaz and guests Charlie Engle and Vanessa Runs discuss what constitutes a running obsession. For Charlie, it may be he runs for a cure, Vanessa simply loves trail running. Is either healthy?
Listen as our host Richard Diaz and guests, Dr. Michelle Cleere - Clinical and Sports Psychologist, world renowned Ultra Marathon Runner Charlie Engle and Vanessa Runs, discuss the potential for running obsession; when it’s good, bad or downright ugly.
This is a very unique opportunity to visit running for recreation, for health and or therapy. When is the amount of running you do too much? Dr. Michelle’s passion is unlocking the power of the mind so that elite performers can play better and happier.
Charlie Engle turned his life around from being a drug addict to living sober since 1992. He refocused his addictive personality toward running, entering marathons, then ultramarathons, and self-created endurance missions. In February, 2007, Charlie and teammates Ray Zahab and Kevin Lin became the first people in history to run across the entire Sahara Desert, covering over 4,300 miles in what became a 111 consecutive day effort.
Vanessa Runs is a trail runner, as a journalist she has worked as an Assistant Editor, Online Editor. But it was office work, she lived for the weekends and her dog was bored.
In 2012, she quit her job gave away all her possessions, and hit the trails to run and write books. Her first book, The Summit Seeker, hit Amazon’s Best Sellers and Hot New Releases in the Sports & Outdoors category.
She lives day-to-day, bartering for the things she needs so she can live as a nomadic trail runner.
Who is Running Bloggers?You and Me! Anyone who blogs about running or loves to read and are inspired by reading running blogs. The mission of Running Bloggers is to unite running bloggers in a fun and supportive community. Together we will grow and support each other in our love for running and blogging.
This is the first of our new weely show through Flatirons Running Inc. Today we meet the owners, staff, the history of the store and, of course, running! Flatirons Running is a full-service specialty running store located in the Table Mesa Shopping Centerof one of the nations most influential running communities, Boulder, CO. The business began its inception in 2009 being called In-Step. Family-owned by RL Smith and Tricia Vieth, In-Step offered a unique and personalized experience for the runner, focusing on the world famous custom insoles built by RL. RL has become known as the Foot Whisperer to many of his clientele with his impeccable ability to diagnose foot issues and resolve aches and pains with his ‘built on location’ custom insoles, tagged with years of experience in the running and cycling arena.
In 2014, RL and Tricia were approached by Henry and Suzanne Guzman with an offer that could only extend the services to our community. With years of experience as the buyer for another running store in town, Henry came to the table with connections in the industry, extensive experience in the running world as both an athlete and a coach and a knack for knowing what the runner needs and wants which has since outfitted the newly rebranded store, now known as Flatirons Running, to be a true full-service running store.
The combination of a full line of footwear, apparel, accessories, hydration and nutritionals, along with the custom insoles by RL, this is a store that you must visit to find exactly what you need to either get started, stay on track and stay healthy as a runner/walker/hiker!
Do use "Running Rules" to guide your training and racing?
A popular article from Runners World Online outlines 25 "Running Rules" and in our feature topic of the day we explore some of these rules and add our comments.
The first Australian Running COnvention took place on September 6th and we went along to interview a sample of the exhibiotrs and check out the crowd.
The first week of September is time for our annual trip to the Ross Marathon in Tasmania, Australia and in this episode of the Partnerunning Show we report on the 2014 event.
Also on the show:
Over the shoulder
The road ahead
Every runner fears hitting the wall as they reach the 20 mile mark in a marathon. They also fear gastric distress if they consume too much or too little energy on the course. Listen as Richard Diaz and Vanessa Runs interview Anthony Almada, an expert in evidence based performance nutrition as he shares some exciting news of a product that has proven to pack energy back into the working muscles without the bloat commonly associated with typical sports drinks and gels and does it in a fraction of the time of other products on the market.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- John Baptist (59 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (37 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (27 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- canadianglen (15 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (14 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (13 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (13 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (13 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (12 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (10 chatters)
- 12kyle (9 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (8 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (7 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (6 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (6 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (6 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (6 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (6 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (5 chatters)
- Dave in the City (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (5 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (5 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- DDP Radio (3 chatters)
- BeverlyD (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (3 chatters)
- Tim Gatto Unedited and Uncut (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (3 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (3 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (3 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- The Blue Corner (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (2 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (2 chatters)
- churchfolk (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (2 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- HUGS Radio Show (1 chatters)
- KAS1 (1 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (1 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- AlimBey (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Vent Man (1 chatters)