SORT BY Relevancy
Well kids, we are back from the brink of extinction due to the rancid stomach plague that has swept through New Jersey and are ready to bring you this hysterical episode of Oopps, Awe sh*ts, No Waaaays and Fark Me's!!! Tonight and with some help from a few friends the hosts are going to share some of their worst RPG moments from many different gaming genres they've experienced throughout the years.
So,if you've been looking for a cheap laugh, come on in, this one is guarenteed to remind you of the funniest moments from your gaming history and let's face it, war stories are always an awesome thing to share especially when they make us laugh. See you in the Den...
This show will be two-fer special as Dungeon Crawlers Radio welcomes to the show author Margaret Weis and Monica Valentinelli from Margaret Weis Productions about their new FireFly RPG Core Rulebook.
Firefly Roleplaying Game set six years after the Unification War, the game faithfully branches story elements from the popular FOX television series.
Dungeon Crawlers Radio welcomes to the show author Craig Cormick to talk about his new book "The Shadow Master".
In a land riven with plague, in the infamous Walled City, two families vie for control – the Medicis with their genius inventor Leonardo; the Lorraines with Galileo, the most brilliant alchemist of his generation.
This episode of Dungeon Crawlers Radio has been brought to you by Audible. Visit http://www.audibletrial.com/DungeonCrawlersRadio for a free trial membership*.
Audible® Free Trial Details
* Get your first 30 days of the AudibleListener® Gold membership plan free, which includes one credit. In almost all cases, one credit equals one audiobook. After your 30 day trial, your membership will automatically renew each month for just $14.95, billed to the credit card you used when you registered with Audible. With your membership, you will receive one credit per month plus members-only discounts on all audio purchases. If you cancel your membership before your free trial period is up, you will not be charged. Thereafter, cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. See the complete terms and policy applicable to Audible memberships.
This Sunday - Star Wars is back! Gamemaster Mike Phillips makes his guest-host comeback as we return to the mis-adventures of clone trooper TC-1492 (AKA Raylin Corr, AKA "Biff") and the Wookiee Jedi Padawan Shorrova (aka "Grover") as they attempt to bring down the shield generator that separates their Republic allies from Bridge 242! The epic schooling of Biff in the ways of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game continue.
Unfortunately, the Danimator will be too busy soaking up rays in HAWAII this weekend to participate, so his lovely wife Edwina will be in charge of his character for this session. We think the Wookiee will be in good hands.
You can check out the first part of this session here:
Mark Diaz Truman - Lead Designer on the new FIREFLY RPG from Margaret Weis Productions - will be joining us to talk about the Cortex+ powered game. We'll also talk about the show,why it has captured the imagination of so many dedicated fans, and how there seems to be an uptick of interest in geek culture about this fantastic show.
At this year's Gen Con Margaret Weis Productions released the preview booklet of the upcoming full FIREFLY RPG and there are still some copies available from MWP, so get them while they are hot.
People Matters brings to you a series of radio shows ‘Talking Matters’ that aims at bringing business and HR leaders on air to share their career journey, their learning and what made them the professional they are today.
Join us on-air!
The early days of Superhero themed role playing games is a case study in innovation and collaborative design. At his Advanced Dungeons and Parenting blog Geekerati host Christian Lindke demonstrated some of the influence that Superhero 2044 influenced the Champions roleplaying game's combat system, but the Superhero 2044 rulebook wasn't the only thing to influence the Champions system.
In the first edition of the Champions role playing game book, there is a brief dicsussion of how the game came to be designed. The basic story told in that text is that George MacDonald "had some good ideas for combat and characteristics, but the problem of assigning powers was a difficult one. George met Wayne Shaw at a convention, and saw his point system for distributing superpowers. The current system looks almost nothing like Wayne's original work, but owes much in spirit to Wayne and his group's pioneering work"
Those rules were published in issue 8 of the Southern California based fanzine Lords of Chaos, and we are lucky enough to talk with Wayne about how those rules were designed and get a glimpse into pre-internet era collaboration and innovation.
Where does time go? I can clearly remember picking up my very first boxed set of Dungeons and Dragons waaaay back in 1980. I was absolutely amazed that someone had the brilliant idea of making a set of rules for me to use as a mechanic for telling stories of high adventure. I can remember every player I have ever run, maybe not all their names but their faces. How many hours did we spend huddled around a table, speaking in character, solving puzzles, answering riddles and slaying any monsters stupid enough to get in our way? If someone said to me that I have spent 1000 hours playing D&D I would smile and gladly offer to play 1000 more.
So in celebration of the GRAND DADDY of all RPG's we are going to spend the entire show, okay nearly the entire show, reviewing, sharing and comparing this newest edition of D&D to the older ones. We won't pull any punches either. If it's better we will let you know but if it's simply a shadow of its former self, get ready for a goblin style beat down.
So what are you waiting for? Come on in and grab a chair and let's get our D&D on.
Yes, Danimator's brother, Mike joins us to make a real man-geek out of ol' Biff as he plays Game Master for Biff's very... first... time! But we're de-virginizing our dear Show Host to Role Paying Games (RPG's) in the best way possible for him... with Star Wars!
But knowing Biff, our hero will probably make some interesting choices in this game to spice things up a bit. Will Biff fall in love with this RPG world... or run screaming into the night? Check it out, folks. You'll probably learn a thing or two about RPG's, also!
The mid-90s were a creative time in the role playing game industry and a lot of smaller companies were creating not only new games, but new gaming genres. DEADLANDS by Pinnacle Entertainment Group (1996) is one of the most memorable - and one of the best - games to come out of this creative period. The game combined elements of horror and fantasy with the American Western. Even the magic rules involved the use of playing cards as spell casters attempted to "beat the devil" in order to succeed in their incantations.
Fast forward two decades and now DEADLANDS is in development as an Xbox Original television show.
We'll be chatting with Shane Hensley about DEADLANDS, its death, resurrection, and its possible move into pop culture's zeitgeist.
in Video Games
You enter the dark and dingy dungeon. You are armed with naught but your shining sword and your cunning wit. In the distance, you see the damsel in distress calling out to you from where she has been imprisoned. All that stands between you and victory is the towering ogre staring you down, drooling and looking at you as his next meal. What do you do? Roll Initiative!
Join the GCR crew this week as we focus in on Table-Top Role-Playing Games. We'll talk about some of our old favorites as well as talk about some of the new game systems that are coming out. We'll also welcome back Job Rock to our show from his hiatus. Of course, no episode would be complete without an Impromptu Game Review from Scott. Buckle up and prime your dice, this is one show you'll not want to miss!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (149 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- reactionariez (34 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (34 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (22 chatters)
- Straitway (21 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Bellesprit (16 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (13 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (12 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (11 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (9 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (9 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (5 chatters)
- carsonscorner (4 chatters)
- DHead Radio (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (3 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- JDWELL Women Empowerment (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (0 chatters)