SORT BY Relevancy
AKC judge Josef Hedl, or Joe, as he is better known, is my special guest tonight. Joe will share stories about some of the dogs of the past. Many of these Rottweilers are in our pedigrees and had an influence in the breed as we know it today.
Be sure to call in and talk to Joe!!
This highly emotional and controversial debates rages on. Friends have lost friends and acquaintances have become enemies. The middle east hasn't anything on those in the Rottweiler world!
This show will hopefully shed some light on this issue, by not picking sides, for there is only one side and that is this remarkable breed and its future.
My guests tonight are respected long time breeder and judges, representing different organzations, Mrs, Catherine Thompson representing the USA and Mr. Gerard O'Shea representing the FCI. Statements submitted for this show are from ADRK, AVMA, AAHA and others.
Our special guest is Dr. Jaime Modiano.
he held Scientist and Senior Scientist appointments at the AMC Cancer Research Center and he was Associate Professor of Immunology and Full Member of the Cancer Center at the School of Medicine of the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. In July of 2007, Jaime joined the College of Veterinary Medicine and the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Minnesota, where he continues his research program as Professor of Comparative Oncology holding the Al and June Perlman Endowed Chair. PLUS MUCH MORE...
This week on K9SK we are talking with Ashley Rietfors, and she's been surrounded by animals her entire life. She was born and raised in Kailua Hawaii, on the island of Oahu. Her family always had a few dogs when she was really young, and one of them even used to watch over her at the park, while her mom did obedience with the other dogs. Her mom bred Rottweilers and competed in conformation, Schutzhund and obedience with them. In high school Ashley got a horse, and because she hated spending so much time cleaning her stall, she potty trained her to go in a trash can. Her love for animals and training is clearly genetic!
She moved to the mainland when she went to college at Fresno State in California. She was on the Equestrian Team, and even brought her horse to school with her. Eventually she moved to Hollister and began working at Petsmart as a Pet Trainer. She's been with the company for almost 7 years, and love that every day is Bring Your Dog To Work day for her.
She currently have two dogs. Pyro is an almost 5 year old non-striped Dutch Shepherd, and J.A.T.O. a 2.5 year old Belgian Malinois. They compete and train in many different sports: Dock Jumping, IPO, French Ring Sport, obedience, Lure Coursing, Sprint Racing, Tricks, Weight Pull and Barn Hunt. She got Pyro as a pup, as a Schutzhund dog and hoping that he would dock jump. She had no idea that he would excel at it, and take her so many places. Because of him, Ashley has been on so many amazing adventures, and met hundreds of great friends who share her passions. Although his start was slower (the only slow thing about him), J.A.T.O. is now right on Pyro's heels, and only getting better.
http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/research/research_dean.html (NOTE: GO TO www.rott-n-chatter.com/SAS AND DOWNLOAD A POWER POINT PRESENTATION TO ACCOMPANY THIS SHOW! <BR><BR>
Dr. Kate Meurs, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies/Professor, at NCU College of Veternary Medicine, who is the leading scientist researching SAS in Rottweilers, along with her colleague, resident Cardiologist, Dr. Josh Stern, will be my special guests today to share and discuss their research of this dreaded disease on Rottweilers.
My special guest will be Felicia Luburich. Felicia was one of the very first breeders of Champion Rottweilers, had one of the first AKC registered Rottweiler kennel names (Srigo Rottweilers) and, was a Charter Member of ARC.
This show is a must, Felicia will share stories of the past with you, funny, sad, educational! Please call in and say hi to Felicia, ask questions, share your Rottweiler stories TOO!
Lew Olson began her research on canine nutrition in the 1980's. She began sharing her ideas with other dog owners on the internet in the early 1990's, and writes a monthly email newsletter on Canine Nutrition and Health for B-Naturals.
She has also bred and shown Rottweilers for decades.
Tonight's guest will be Jill Kessler-Miller, President of the GSRC. The GSRC is the very first Code of Ethics Rottweiler club in the U.S.
Jill is not only the President of the club, but has been active in Rottweilers for as long as I can remember. She used to have her own live radio show, which was broadcast out of Los Angeles. She is knowledgable about all things Rottweiler so please feel free to also call in with any questions you may have during the 2nd half of the show.
Today's guest will be me! Yep, I will tell you a little about me, animals, dogs and finally Rottweilers. Please join me and share a little about yourself and your admiration for this magnificent of all breeds....jan cooper
www.rott-n-chatter.com , the oldest Rottweiler domain and Rottweiler website in the world.
Today's guest is Gaea Mitchel, DVM. She founded the Timberlane Animal Hospital in 1971 and has owned and trained Rottweilers since before that. Dr. Mitchel will be discussing first aid and emergencies. First Aid kits, what constitutes an emergency and what to do until you can get your Rottweiler to a Veterinarian.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (48 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (33 chatters)
- Curious Times (33 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (27 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (24 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (17 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (13 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (12 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (11 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (5 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (5 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (4 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (3 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- Love Productions (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- Real Relevant and Raw Radio (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (1 chatters)