SORT BY Relevancy
<div align = center> <font size=3>http://www.rott-n-chatter.com/sw</font></div>
Steve Wolfson is back with another 2 hour special with drawings, diagrams and photos. The topic today is the body type and structure of the Rottweiler. If you have attended one of Steve's seminars live or here via the archives, you are in for a real treat. He is considered one of the leaders in the breed structure and type.
<br><div align = center> <font size=3>http://www.rott-n-chatter.com/sw</font></div>
Tonight's guest will be Jill Kessler-Miller, President of the GSRC. The GSRC is the very first Code of Ethics Rottweiler club in the U.S.
Jill is not only the President of the club, but has been active in Rottweilers for as long as I can remember. She used to have her own live radio show, which was broadcast out of Los Angeles. She is knowledgable about all things Rottweiler so please feel free to also call in with any questions you may have during the 2nd half of the show.
On June 7, 2011 at 6:00pm Pacific; 9:00pm Eastern...my very special guest will be Ms. Ann Maurer. She started in purebred dogs in the early 50's showing her parents Irish Setters in Junior Showmanship. From there she progressed to the breed ring, finishing numerous champions. Ms Maurer began successfully evaluating Rottweiler litters for breeders in the mid-60's. She has traveled coast to coast critiquing litters for over 40 years. She was editor for the American Rottweiler Pictorials from 1976 - 1983, all of which are now out of print and highly collectible and co-edited the ARK newsletter for 7 years. .........................................
OPTIGEN researches and establishes DNA based diagnoses and information about inherited eye diseases of dogs. My guests today are; Dr. Gustavo Aguirre from the University of Pennsylvania and Sue Pearce-Kelling, Manager of Optigen. OPTIGEN, and are extensively field-tested in cooperation with breeders of dogs.
There are many types of cataracts but we are studying only 2 types at this time:
· One being, Bilateral, Posterior Subcapsular type that develops between 1.5 yrs and 3 yrs of age in the following breeds: Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, Rottweilers, Bernese Mountain Dogs, and English Springer Spaniels
WHAT ABOUT JUVENILE CATARACTS IN THE ROTTWEILER...??
"At OPTIGEN, our only standard is excellence."
Today's guest is Gaea Mitchel, DVM. She founded the Timberlane Animal Hospital in 1971 and has owned and trained Rottweilers since before that. Dr. Mitchel will be discussing first aid and emergencies. First Aid kits, what constitutes an emergency and what to do until you can get your Rottweiler to a Veterinarian.
Zach Skow, the founder of Marley's Mutts, was diagnosed with end stage liver disease in July of 2008 due to his excessive drinking. In fact, Zach had battled alcoholism since his teens. As he tried to get healthy enough to receive a liver transplant, the doctors advised him to exercise and quit drinking. Sick and weak, Zach started walking with his father's rescue dogs, including a Rottweiler–pit bull mix named Marley. The dogs in Zach's life loved him unconditionally and helped him survive his illness. Today Zach is healthy and sober and repaying the debt, rescuing the hardest to adopt dogs and finding them loving forever homes.
Zach can relate to the dogs, he says that without alcohol, he was vulnerable and scared—much like the dogs he now rescues from shelters. When Zach walks into a shelter, he sees himself in the destitute dogs, and they in him. He knows intimately what it is like to feel worthless and unwanted. He felt like a “throwaway human”, and to most people, the dogs in the most hard-knock shelters are throwaway dogs.
Also on the show, Jolene and Shawn Heath from Heath's Haven Dog Rescue. Heath’s Haven Rescue & Sanctuary is a special needs rescue for dogs with neurological issues, spinal injuries, paralysis, and mobility issues.
Dr. Welton is the president as well as a staff veterinarian of Maybeck Animal Hospital.
He is also known around the country via his web-DVM TV, Radio and BLOG and produces a weekly live radio show right here on blogtalkradio.com. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rwdvm . Please join us tonight with ANY question you want to ask about your Rottweiler. How many times have you returned from your veterinary visit and forgot to ask a question...NOW is the time to ask!!!
This show is being run by a large group of American Rottweiler Club members that wish to discuss the proposed revision to the AKC Rottweiler Breed Standard. We believe that a correct natural tailed Rottweiler should be permitted to compete along side a correct docked tailed Rottweiler.
It is our goal during the next few weeks to educate and share the real truths behind and about the proposed revision and the Rottweiler tail.
Join us and share your comments or questions. We want YOU to let US know just how you feel, be it pro or con. You will be treated with equal respect. No derrogatory comments or flames.
Everyone is encouraged to offer questions, comments or
statements. You may call in and speak out directly or utilize the live chat during the show.
RKNA as an organization that encourages all Rottweilers and their owners to participate.
Having expert judges that offer verbal & written critiques is an excellent way to learn about our breed.
Only equipment an owner needs is running shoes and a good heart! Our working structure is Schutzhund, a 3 phase sport that involves tracking obedience and protection.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (30 chatters)
- The Appearance (12 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (4 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (4 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio ACO (3 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- Isles Beat (2 chatters)
- 63289 (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (2 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (1 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- deliverancebyfaith (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- Yellow Carded Podcast0 (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (0 chatters)