SORT BY Relevancy
A personal motto of mine is Learn. Improve. Share. I guess this show qualifies by default as Share, but I also hope to make use of Learn and Improve while I am here.
Now, on to the business of Episode 1, in the battle of for civil rights certain names have gravitas and Rosa Parks is one of them. Kim Davis is no Rosa Parks, she is more of a James. F. Blake. Who is James F. Blake? Well, tune in today and find out who he is and then judge if I make a good point. Performance. Feedback. Revision...
Rosa Parks: I was arrested on December 1st, 1955 for refusing to stand up on the orders of the bus driver, after the white seats had been occupied in the front. And of course, I was not in the front of the bus as many people have written and spoken that I was -- that I got on the bus and took the front seat, but I did not. I took a seat that was just back of where the white people were sitting, in fact, the last seat. A man was next to the window, and I took an aisle seat and there were two women across. We went on undisturbed until about the second or third stop when some white people boarded the bus and left one man standing. And when the driver noticed him standing, he told us to stand up and let him have those seats. He referred to them as front seats. And when the other three people -- after some hesitancy -- stood up, he wanted to know if I was going to stand up, and I told him I was not. And he told me he would have me arrested. And I told him he may do that. And of course, he did.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Tues. Dec., 1st, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We'll continue our discussion of this case and the need for Economic Boycotts. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and listen to the podcasts.
Family members of Rosa Parks stand next to an image of the commemorative postage stamp unveiled on what would have been her 100th birthday. (Carlos Osorio / Associated Press /
If you're going to make "forever" stamps, it's hard to go wro"I do the very best I can to look upon life with optimism and hope and looking forward to a better day, but I don't think there is anything such as complete happiness. It pains me that there is still a lot of Klan activity and racism. I think when you say you're happy, you have everything that you need and everything that you want, and nothing more to wish for. I haven't reached that stage yet." Rosa Parks Mother of the Civil Rights Movement
Apostle Rosa Martin and her husband Bishop Daryll Martin are anointed servants of the Most High God. They pastor New Birth Non-denominational Church in Sanford, NC. (See website www.newbirth-nondenominational.com for church information.) They love God and love people, and more importantly, they will give you the Truth of God that will set you free!
Music with a Message with host Champale Parks
URIM7, a Jamaican gospel group from Kingston, Jamaica, declared Musical Ambassador of Caribbean American Heritage Month (CAHM) in June 2015 Washington D. C., as the First Gospel Band and the First Jamaican Band to be so named. This band is a unique team of singers and musicians, graduates of the Edna Manley School of Music, University of the West Indies (UWI) and University of Technology (UTECH) Jamaica. The band launched their debut album “The Assignment” in November of 2013. URIM7 has ministered all over the word and in addition to representing their island home, they have the distinct honor and pleasure of presenting music in a manner that brings joy, radiates light and with their distinct new sound. Tune in Thursday January 28, 2016 at 8:00pm to hear an exclusive interview URIM7.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, streaming live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Utah National Parks: Ann Whittaker - Content Manager of Utah.com, and Kathleen Gonder - Park Ranger, Bryce Canyon National Park.
- Philadelphia Flower Show: Sam Lemheney - PHS Chief of Shows & Events talks about the Show’s theme this year ‘Explore America: 100 Years of the National Park Service’
- Pinnacles National Park: Park Ranger Paul Lathrop talks about the spring wildflowers, birds and butterflies in America’s 59th National Park.
- From the Hood to the Woods: Phill Morris & Roy Beasley discuss Generation X Group’s 1st Annual Youth Excursion to Yosemite.
- Art in Parks: Tanya Orgeta, founder of National Parks Arts Foundation talks about their Artist-in-Residency Programs and Workshops.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for a special Big Blend Radio panel discussion on national parks, with guest representatives from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) including:
- John Garder - Director of Budget & Appropriations, Government Affairs
- Alan Spears - Director of Cultural Resources and Government Affairs
- Mark Wenzler - Mark Wenzler is the Senior Vice President of Conservation Programs
This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
in Pop Culture
Huffington Post columnist Rachel Thompson and Critic/writer/columnist for Night Owl Magazine and Affaire De Couer Bennet Pomerantz discuss media topics with guests.
Tonight we have an author two-fer authors Jen Winter & Veronica Del Rosa
Veronica Del Rosa enjoys fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Horror. After much research (that's what she calls her voracious need to read) and many attempts at writing, she finally had a story that spoke to her. A paranormal romance series where each set of characters have their own HEA with no cliffhangers.. Writing as been the most challenging and the most rewarding.
Jen Winters is a stay-at-home mom, homeschooling two great kids. She spends her days with the kids and her nights with her book boyfriends. She is grateful to her hubby for all his support and love, and can't imagine this life without him.
The top-selling world of the Guardians was developed through deeply irreligious conversations with her father who likes to misinterpret scripture as often as humanly possible and a good dose of did-I-just-read-that-! when looking into ancient near eastern mythology and scripture.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa D. Smith, mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Nature Connection show! This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the hotel headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 409 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA and Born Free Foundation, discusses the outcome of the CITES 66th Meeting of the Standing Committee in Geneva.
- Mark Wenzler, Senior Vice President of Conservation Programs for National Parks Conservation Association, discusses Southwestern Parks in Peril.
- Caeli Quinn – Co-founder of Climate Ride cycling and hiking challenges that raise awareness and support sustainability, active transportation, and environmental causes.
- Erin Hunt, Director of Operations at the California Wolf Center in Julian, CA discusses California wolves and Mexican Gray Wolf Recovery in the Southwest.
Plus, Hollywood History Nature Style, as recalled by Steve Schneickert.
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (25 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (17 chatters)
- 67939 (14 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (14 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (13 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Ms Blue (11 chatters)
- BeverlyD (11 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (10 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (6 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- Free Fire Friday Gun Talk (5 chatters)
- LCS (5 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- WrestleTalk with Rob and Ray (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- CenterStage (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (2 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- HoneySoul (1 chatters)