SORT BY Relevancy
"St. Thomas has over 40 major beaches along its sun-drenched coasts. There are strands with crystal blue water and swaying coconut trees where a beach bum can enjoy a lazy-lazy day. For the restless beach goers there are sandy coves with activities like windsurfing and kayaks. Some shores are rugged and rocky offering beauty, solitude and the opportunity to daydream about castaway fantasies. And there are widely popular bays with amenities like restaurants and chair rentals.In this St. Thomas Beach Guide you will find 20 of the island’s most popular beaches, and a few off-the-beaten-track spots; complete with description, map, photos and reviews."
General Beach Information
Resort beaches are open to the public; only some however rent chairs and water sports gear to non-guests. Swimming pools and similar resort amenities are typically reserved for registered-guests only.
All beaches in the U.S. Virgin Islands are open to the public. Beyond a beach's tree line however is typically private property.
Don’t feed marine life or sea birds. Food not naturally in their diet, like various human foods, can create health problems for these animals.
Protect yourself from the sun. Wear sun block, a hat and sunglasses.
Sun, rum and fun can spell dehydration; drink plenty of water.
There are no clothing optional beaches; public nudity is illegal.
Removing shells and sand from beaches is illegal.
Courtesy of www.vinow.com/stthomas/beaches_stt/
The Step Street Project of the St. Thomas Historical Trust has the objective of raising public awareness as to the historical value and uniqueness of Charlotte Amalie’s 45 step streets, and to initiate and coordinate programs to renovate, restore and maintain these valuable historical and cultural objects as present day working infrastructure, of benefit to the community.
Over the years many of these step streets, although used daily by hundreds of Virgin Islanders on their way to school, work, and their personal business, have been allowed to run down and in some cases are severely decayed due to neglect and lack of maintenance. On the other hand those step streets that have been kept up such as the well known “99 steps” are a source of pride in their community and are well known island wide. These few examples also serve as a model as to what may be achieved by beautification and restoration of these fine examples of our public architectural heritage.
The intention of the St Thomas Historical Trust is to partner with the various communities and community organizations and on a phased basis restore, renovate and beautify about 3 to 5 step streets per year. In the first round of restorations we will be partnering with “My Brothers Workshop”, MBW. They have been working with at risk young men and women in the community by teaching them building and construction skills. MBW have been active in restoring a number of historical buildings will training the youngsters in construction and social work skills.
The restoration process being contemplated will replace broken bricks, archways and entrance columns, ensuring compliance to the historical specifications. ~ Courtesy of the St. Thomas Historical Trust
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (85 chatters)
- Yada (42 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (35 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (24 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (23 chatters)
- John Baptist (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (16 chatters)
- in5d (12 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (10 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (9 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (9 chatters)
- Papa Lou (6 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (5 chatters)
- Straitway (5 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (4 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (4 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (3 chatters)
- WDKK Radio (3 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Show (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- Authentic You Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (1 chatters)