SORT BY Relevancy
The Riverside County Registrar of Voters is preparing to count the ballots that will decide many of the local and statewide races next week.
In recent years many voters have opted to receive-and-return ballots by mail.
In Riverside County, as of May 22, 2014, 500,682 vote by mail ballots were sent to registered voters. So far 56,995 ballots have been returned to the Registrar.
Today, at 3:00 p.m. interim Registrar of Voters Rebecca Spencer will be LIVE onInstantRiverside.com Talk Radio.
The Riverside City Council is facing an upcoming vote that will determine the fate of the system of cameras that take pictures at serveral intersections in town. When the red-light camera system started in Riverside there were 30 cameras-- already several have been removed-- however the city still has 11 cameras in operation.
The red-light cameras in Riverside are operated by Redflex, a company based in Arizona.
Riverside Council Member Mike Soubirous is a former CHP commander, and he believes the camera system should be removed. The question: Does the rest of the council agree, or at least a simple majority?
Soubirous will join us LIVE on InstantRiverside.com Talk Radio. We'll also take calls from listeners, especially people who live in Riverside. Do you want the red-light cameras to stay or go?
Click here: Watch a video report on how the Redflex red-light cameras work.
The City of Riverside had been hit by a widespread-power outage.
If have access to you phone, call and help our coverage.
Hundreds, possibly thousands of people will need to reset their alarm clocks Saturday morning. A strong storm cell moved over the Riverside area bringing heavy rain, lightning and thunder.
At 2:56 a.m. and again at 2:57 a.m. lights flickered in the Canyon Crest area. By 3:01 Riverside Public Utilities confirmed that the bad weather had caused a widespread loss of electricity within the city.
Emergency crews have been dispatched repair the damage, however RPU has not said exactly what areas have been left in the dark.
Riverside is one hip city. In fact it’s among the top 20 list of America’s Coolest Cities according to Forbes Magazine. The annual ranking was released this week and seemed to catch many Riversiders by surprise.
Watch video on Riverside and it's history.
The Cost of Genetically Modified Foods:
Genetically modified foods, or GMOs, are in an estimated 80% of packaged foods. Some companies, like Ben & Jerry’s, are trying to go GMO-free. But it’s not easy. We'll answer your questions.
Detroit has a water problem and Mayor Duggan says it's about unpaid bills.
Listen live as people in Riverside talk about widespread-power outage at 3:01 a.m. in from #CaliforniaRain
One of the most followed contests has been for the office of Riverside County District Attorney. Incumbent Paul Zellerbach was campaigning for his second term. His challenger is Mike Hestrin, a Riverside County prosecutor.
Hestrin is the District Attorney Elect as he is more than 13,000 votes ahead of his challenger Paul Zellerbach.
We will also talk LIVE with first-time candidate Marshall Tuck who will be facing incumbent State Superintendent and 30-year politician Tom Torlakson in the November general election.
Lightning blamed for widespread power outage Saturday morning in Riverside
Riverside: A related fire was contained at the Harvey-Lynn substation located in the La Sierra area of the city.
In June the contest for Ward 3 did not result in a candidate receiving a simple majority of the votes. More than 5000 ballots were cast, according to the Riverside County Registrar of Voters. What resulted is a runoff between the top two candidates.
Candidate Mike Soubirous received 2,448 votes, or 46.15 percent of the ballots cast. His closest challenger was Valerie Hill with 1,743, or 32.86 percent of the vote.
Riverside, CA has had it's share of unusual weather during the past two days.
On Thursday trees were uprooted during a strong wind and rain storm.
You can watch video here:
President Obama isn't happy with the glitches on the healcare website. Have you tried to use it?
In Riverside, candidates for the school board are in their final campaign stretch.
On Tuesday the Riverside City Council is scheduled to vote on a measure to require the sterilization of Pit Bull dogs.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (367 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (46 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (39 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (22 chatters)
- Odwirafo (21 chatters)
- PatriotVPN (17 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (16 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- SURN Host (8 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (7 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (7 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (6 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- The Advise Show (6 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (4 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (2 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (1 chatters)