SORT BY Relevancy
What's your New Year's resolution? Join About.com parenting experts Terri Mauro (Parenting Special Needs), Laureen Miles Brunelli (Work-at-Home Moms), Catherine Holecko (Family Fitness), and Katherine Lee (School-Aged Children) as we look at the resolutions we'll make this year as parents, the resolutions we'd like other people to make, and what's happening in each of our expert topics as we peer into 2014. Resolve to join us this week and every week.
Here we are at the beginning of another year and no doubt, countless people have made resolutions for 2014. You might be one of those people. About half of those who make them break their resolutions by the end of January. So, what is it? What happens?
It's really quite simple, actually. Resolutions just don’t work because they don't have what it takes to last very long, so they give out before you get going good. Resolutions are declarations or decisions based upon your desires, hopes, or intentions. What usually happens once you declare them is you're okay for a while, but then they fizzle out.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that resolutions are a bad thing, they just don't work in the way people try to make them work. I'll tell you why, share the mistake that most people make and what you can do to make your resolutions come to fruition this year. Join me on air and get your questions answered so that you know just what to do.
*This is a rebroadcast
Welcome to Celebrate Life as your host, Jean Bailey Robor, shares insights and updates on resolutions she made--and maybe you did too!---back in January. Sometimes, we need to revisit our goals and measure our success. Listen in and learn not only how well (or how poorly) Jean kept her resolutions, but also how these resolutions can help you lead a more successful life.
While over 45% of Americans make New Year's Resolutions, only 8% are successful with their resolutions.
It is easy to make a grand list of things to change for the new year. The key is actually making those changes after the excitement of making the list has passed. Let's talk about the difference between making a resoltuion and rewriting your year!
Make sure you have pen and paper for this session. I believe the 100% of the people that rewrite their new year will be successful!
Be sure to order my 2014 ReWrite Calendar to help with your journey:
Order ReWrite Calendar
I don’t normally make New Year’s resolutions, but it never hurts to think about goals for the upcoming year. What’s on your list for the upcoming year? Starting an herb garden? Cooking from scratch more? Organizing your kitchen a little better? Taking steps to live just a little healthier? On today's show, we'll be talking about some possible goals for my new year.
Dr. Cathy Reimers, Ph.D., psychologist in New Jersey, and co-host Jennifer Russello, parent in New Jersey, discuss some strategies to get your New year off to a good start. We will discuss tips that are helpful for all people, but especially those with ADHD. Hopefully the tree is down, the lights and decorations are put away and the last of the champagne is gone. Now the gyms will be packed and the diet centers crowded as we all feel the pressure of making serious life overhauls for the New Year. It is easy to "make" New Year's resolutions, it's the follow through that becomes challenging; especially for those with ADD/ADHD. Join us to explore ways to make changes that are effective but not overwhelming.
Angelica, Dr. Brady and Glenda brainstorm New Year resolutions - discussing the value and importance of setting your intentions!! Start the year with a bang and a plan by discovering how to maximize and set goals for the year. Make your 2014 rock!!
Join in the conversation:
1. How can your friends help you keep your New Year's resolutions? And vice versa?
2. Change the tradition of how we write a list of New Year's resolutions. Make a list of categories using instead of the normal, like lose weight, blah, blah. Categories such as a) Family b) Philanthropy c) Health d) Entertaining e) Language f) Children, in your family or friends with kids….babysitting doest count g) Faith, share yours, share your friends h) Sports, enjoy your friend's favorite, if you are a sports novice learn with a friend…
3. Contact a different person each month who has, in the past, provided you with a foundation at one stage in your life. And, then ask them for coffee or lunch – honoring their contribution to your life. Make a plan.
4. If it’s difficult to make friends, practice on your sibling or cousin. Then, make a promise to approach someone you don’t know but would like to know better. Also, contact us and we can mentor you through the first phase.
5. Are most of our resolutions things we are critical about of ourselves? What is the impact of resolutions that remind us of our flaws?
6. What are our friends resolutions? Do our friends' resolutions matter to us? How do we support others in their ongoing growth?
Remember... a great friend starts with you! For more information go to www.superfriendgroups.com.
Image by: Nigel Howe Sydney, Australia via Wikimedia Commons
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (75 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (66 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (25 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (24 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (24 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (23 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (20 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (15 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (12 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (11 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (11 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (8 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- The Seika Network (6 chatters)
- StarChasr (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (5 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- drkate (4 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (3 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Raw Sex (3 chatters)
- Relationships360 (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Fantasy Big Dogs Radio (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Dialysis Talk (2 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- Game Night (2 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (2 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (2 chatters)
- eDraft Sports Radio (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (2 chatters)
- men empowered (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)