SORT BY Relevancy
Navy SEAL and best-selling author, Eric Greitens offers a masterpiece of warrior wisdom. In 2012, Eric unexpectedly heard from a former brother SEAL. Zach Walker had been one of the toughest of the tough. But since his return home from war, he’d been plagued by PTSD and masking his pain with heavy drinking. Zach and Eric started writing and talking daily as Eric set down his thoughts on what it takes to build resilience in our lives.
Eric’s letters –drawing on both his own experience and wisdom from ancient and modern thinkers—are now gathered and edited into this timeless guidebook.
Tags: Eric Greitens, Resilience, SEAL, Zach Walker, PTSD, war, Obama, hardship, drinking
Although the world recognizes the fact that we must develop renewable energy technologies, the cost of the technology is still unaffordable for many people and businesses. Is it possible to get our economy back on track while simultaneously making it more socially, environmentally and financially sustainable? In this segment of The Clean Energy View Radio Show, host, June Stoyer talks to energy expert, Michael Lewis about his new book, The Resilience Imperative: Cooperative Transitions to a Steady-state Economy. Michael Lewis is the executive director of the Center for Community Enterprise and is well-known internationally as a practitioner, author, educator, and leader in the field of community economic development. Stay tuned! Today’s show is brought to you by LiquidWeb.com the most reliable hosting provider with 24/7 heroic support! Listeners of today’s show will receive one hundred dollars credit towards Storm Servers, which includes Virtual Private Servers and Dedicated hosting or you can try LiquidWeb’s shared hosting for free for one month by using the coupon code: “orgview”. Please visit LiquidWeb.com and make sure you tell them that you found out about them on the show! If you are not receiving our most recent interviews, please re-subscribe to our new Official RSS feed on iTunes, Youtube or you can visit our podcast archives at www.theorganicview.com. ©2014 TheOrganicView.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joining us today will be: Drew Youngs, Owner and Founder of EarthWire Studios More Guests to be Announced...
Links and more information can be found Here
in Self Help
Philosopher Dr. Diana Hsieh answered questions on developing resilience, nuisance limits for new technology, spouses sharing activities, and more in this episode of Philosophy in Action Radio.
Question 1: Does developing resilience require enduring hardship?
Question 2: How should nuisance limits be set for new technology?
Question 3: Should spouses always share activities?
To download or feed a high-quality version of this episode, plus show notes and other details, visit its archive page.
For more from Dr. Diana Hsieh on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life, visit PhilosophyInAction.com.
Diagnosed with cancer in 2005, Susan Gonzalez, R.N., BSN, had a unique perspective on the disease, being a nurse in the patient’s role. She took that knowledge and her passion for finding natural cures to fight disease and started writing a blog for those who wanted to make simple changes for healthy living with an emphasis on avoiding cancer.
Her blog, The Savvy Sister, provides useful information and simple changes you can make today to live a healthier, happier life. https://sisterearthorganics.wordpress.com/
Susan is the Co-Author of 100 Perks of Having Cancer (Plus 100 Health Tips for Surviving It)
Susan and Mike will talk about 100 Perks, Susan's passion for empowering patients with knowledge, and an upcoming Wellness Retreat: Exploring the Healing Power of “Yin” which will be held in Atlanta, GA on April 18, 2015
Resilience: The capacity to adapt and thrive in the face of a challenge.
If you've ever been through a very difficult time and come out of it, you know there is a sustaining infinite present as the source of your resilience. Let's talk about this to help others!
It's so clear that the way we think directly impacts our lives. Join us as we share insights that help us understand God, change our conciousness and our concepts about who we really are!
Although the world recognizes the fact that we must develop renewable energy technologies, the cost of the technology is still unaffordable for many people and businesses. Is it possible to get our economy back on track while simultaneously making it more socially, environmentally and financially sustainable? In this segment of The Clean Energy View Radio Show, host, June Stoyer talks to energy expert, Michael Lewis about his new book, The Resilience Imperative: Cooperative Transitions to a Steady-state Economy. Michael Lewis is the executive director of the Center for Community Enterprise and is well-known internationally as a practitioner, author, educator, and leader in the field of community economic development. Stay tuned!
MyRecovery Disaster Resilience Radio
On the first ever online radio show of MyRecovery we will lay it all out on the table. Our plans to share Disaster Resilience information like you have never heard it before.
Tonight's Special Guest's Include:
Dr Rollin McCraty of the HeartMath Institute, talking about the Global Coherence Initiative Susan Pease Banitt author of "The Trauma Tool Kit: Healing PTSD from the Inside Out" You will get:
Background info on our hosts and guests Background info on the MyRecovery Initiative Reasons why we have started this show An overview of the show until October 2012 An overview of our event plans for 2012 A framework to stabilize our climate quickly TalkBackHour - get your questions answered Hosted by:
Eric Greitens-joined Bill Martinez Live to discuss his book Resilience: Hard-Won Wisdom for Living a Better Life on Bill Martinez Live.
The book was the result of a correspondence between Eric Greitens and his friend and fellow SEAL Zach Walker who had fallen into very difficult times over PTSD, his personal problems and his lack of purpose. Zach turned to Eric after falling into alcoholism, personal failure and being sent to jail. Resilience explains how we can build purpose, confront pain, practice compassion, develop a vocation, find a mentor, create happiness, and much more. Eric´s lessons are deep yet practical, and his advice leads to clear solutions.
Best way to learn, love and be peace is to perfect your own resilience in life.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (67 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (21 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (20 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (20 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (18 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (17 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (13 chatters)
- Witch School (12 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (7 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Kink E Magazine (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (5 chatters)
- BeverlyD (5 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (4 chatters)
- New Colony Network (3 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (3 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- NCI Radio (2 chatters)
- Ring Revolution Radio0 (2 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (2 chatters)
- Whisper nThunder (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Donna Schmid (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (0 chatters)