SORT BY Relevancy
The interested parties have come to your party: that Art Festival you have been planning and marketing for 364 days. How do you make sure they love the show, bring their friends, buy art, spread the word about what they found there and can't wait for next year?
Sharon McAllister, Executive Director of ArtFest Fort Myers (FL) and Jenny Wright, Festival Director of The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival (TX) join the conversation and share their best tips for building a memorable experience for their patrons.
We'll learn about their decisions on:
plus what works and even more interestingly what they've done that doesn't work!
Connie Mettler presents results from her 2014 Best Art Fair Survey of art fair buyers where she gathered data about what makes them come to a festival and why ... plus ... why there are formerly favorite shows that they no longer attend.
Both of these events were chosen as Top 50 Events in the survey.
Learn more about ArtFest Fort Myers. Learn more about The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.
On today’s show we will discuss how to you can use all of the new video apps to build your customer list and sell more of your art. Join Leslie Saeta and September co-host Kelley Sanford as they discuss how to use video and your social media to grow your art business.
Season 3 of the Movie Geeks United Art of Cinematography series kicks off with Laela Kilbourn, an artist who has achieved acclaim for her contributions to a series of beloved documentaries, including American Teen, Word Wars and the upcoming How to Dance in Ohio, which premieres on HBO on October 26.
For more information on the Art of Cinematography series, visit http://www.moviegeeksunited.net.
Art In Odd Places started as a grass roots happening and has transformed into an annual landmark art festival thanks to its many artists and supporters. This year's "odd" 11th anniversary: AIOP 2015: RECALL will again transform NYC's 14th Street into a civic space where social interaction and creative expression captivate imaginations and deeply connect people to themselves and the world.
Talkupy welcomes Ed Woodham, Founder & Director of AIOP, to the show on Thursday, Oct. 1 at 11 am ET. In addition to hearing about what to expect at this year's event, Woodham will discuss the importance of presenting visual and performance art in public spaces across the U.S.
For more info on "Public Art as Social Engagement" watch Ed's TEDxIndianapolis To donate to the project, please click here. Please follow @Talkupy_Radio on Twitter and visit Talkupy.net
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 408 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks with Colleen Bathe - Chief of Interpretation, Education and Partnerships; and Sandy Blankenship – Exeter Chamber of Commerce & Sequoia Tourism Council.
- Biodiversity – Ecologist Brian Machovina discusses his upcoming new study in Science of the Total Environment, about why adopting a plant-based diet can contribute to the preservation of natural resources and have a substantial impact on biodiversity.
- Food as Imagery - New Mexico based artist Victoria Chick discusses the history of food as an art subject.
- Peanuts – Donna George, owner of The Peanut Patch in Yuma, Arizona.
Science Fiction – Writer / Film Director Olatunde Osunsanmi discusses his work on 'The Fourth Kind,' 'Evidence' and 'Falling Skies'
Maria Iliou is your Director Manager, your Host for Art of Understanding Souls Through ANCA INAPAWF 2015 on Friday. Maria is Connecting Live with ANCA INAPAWF 2015, also Maria play ANCA Video's Documentraies.
Nebraska farmers and activists, often one and the same, are heading into the Fall with more determination than ever. They are working closely together to keep their land from being snatched up by the big oil & gas industry only to ship fossil fuels overseas where they will continue to have a devastating effect on the environment and climate.
Talkupy welcomes Art Tanderup, Nebraska farmer and activist, back to the show at 9 pm ET on September 29, 2015. Art will give us an update on how the Pope's visit to the U.S. was received by Nebraska climate activists and what landowners are doing to prepare for their day in District Court to try and stop the KXL pipeline from crossing their properties. We'll also talk about a recent gathering of the Cowboy Indian Alliance to pick this year's sacred corn together at Art's farm.
For more information on Art go to his Facebook page and Bold Nebraska's website. Please visit Talkupy.net, subscribe to Talkupy on Stitcher or iTunes and follow @Talkupy_Radio on Twitter.
What does it take to make art now at the level of Renaissance Art? Why is it important to do so? Join us as artist Virgil Elliott talks about painting, drawing, music, technique, and teaching.
Painter/writer Virgil Elliott (born 1944) is best known as the author of the book, Traditional Oil Painting: advanced techniques and concepts from the Renaissance to the present, published in 2007 by Watson-Guptill Publications. Acknowledged as a Living Master by the Art Renewal Center, among the many honors and awards he has received over the years, Virgil is widely recognized as an expert on historic oil painting techniques and oil painting materials of the past and present. He has written and published articles on the working methods and/or lives of Rembrandt, Titian, Frans Hals, Artemisia Gentileschi, and the 19th Century French artist William Bouguereau, among other things. He taught oil painting at the College of Marin, in Marin County, California for a few years, and has taught privately since 1982.
He has been an active participant/member of ASTM International’s Subcommittee on Artists’ Paints and Materials since 1997, which experience has broadened his knowledge of artists’ materials considerably and has made him the acquaintance of many experts in the field, including top-level conservation scientists from major museums, from whom he says he has learned a great deal over the years.
Virgil Elliott keeps a studio in California’s Wine Country, where he paints, teaches and writes, and lives with his wife, singer/actress Annie Lore. From time to time he has “moonlighted” as a musician, playing guitar and Renaissance lute, both as a solo instrumentalist and occasionally as accompanist to various vocalists. He feels that music and visual art complement one another.
In this episode, Dana is going to be sharing about the importance of art for Autistic children and adults. Coming from a family of artists, Dana has seen the benefits of art in her son and husband, both of whom are Aspergers. She also will share several tips about facilitiating art from her years of experience as an arts and crafts facilitator.
Dana is the owner of AngelArts, a Creative Arts Agency and Publishing House. Seven years ago, she discovered that her son and husband both have Aspergers. It's opened up a whole new world for her and her family. Yes, there are incredible challenges, but she chooses to see how God has blessed her family through it.
Her son created a painting that became an inspiration for her Autism Awareness product line, Autism: God's Bright Kids. She also is publishing a book called "Angels in the Midst: Rising Above Autism and Aspergers," a collection of stories, poetry, videos, and artwork about how God uses ordinary people in the challenge of living with Autism and how He works in the midst of it. She is looking for submissions, sponsors, and nonprofits to give a portion of the revenue to.
As artists, we all know there are a lot of things we need to do to promote and sell our art. On today’s show we have narrowed down the list to the top ten things you need to focus on and do well! Join Leslie Saeta and September co-host Kelley Sanford as they discuss these top ten items and also discuss how you can get help in making them happen!
Cosandra's Art Display at Dysonna City Art Gallery & Preparation for Season 7
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (107 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (41 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (38 chatters)
- The Portal - Dorothy (28 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (23 chatters)
- AJC Radio (18 chatters)
- Fins Radio (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- Witch School (10 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (8 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (8 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- America Matters show (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (5 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (1 chatters)
- Sandi and Toi Flip That SH*T (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- The Steve and Joe Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- Love Unlimited Coaching (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)