SORT BY Relevancy
Sports are a part of our culture. There are messages that may be gleened from sports that go beyond the contests on the fields and gyms. In treatment and recovery, sports analogies are ever present to deliver powerful messages. In today's recovery radio podcast host David Gerber welcomes back Michael Boccia to share some of his favorite sports messages and how they relate to recovery.
This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast focuses on building social interest in recovery. First time host Brian Kelly, Admissions Nurse at St. Christophers Inn, interviews David Gerber, who defines the concept of Social Interest, explains how it is implemented from day one at St. Christopher’s Inn, and the importance of developing Social Interest in recovery.
In the latest edition of the Encouragement Group, David Gerber takes a scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and makes a powerful and encouraging link to recovery. In this scene Indiana Jones shows patience and "chooses wisely" and drinks from the cup of Jesus to provide eternal life to his father. The link to recovery? The power of choice, demonstrating patience and not choosing what looks better than it really is- all virtues in recovery. As always, miracles will be shared.
Todays encouragement group inspires people to fall in love with recovery. David Gerber likens the relationship one has with recovery to the beginning of an intimate social relationship, and questions participants "What would happen if you fell in love with recovery?" How much more easy would life be if you could commit yourself to a relationship with recovery? As always, miracles will be shared.
What if recovery wasn’t about abstinence or returning to a former state? What if true recovery was about acknowledging and reclaiming so much of you that addiction and “mental illness” couldn’t exist? What if you could move forward to a space where you had real choice and did not have to be the effect of anyone or anything? Despite what you might have been told – you can!
David Gerber returns as host and tackles the topic of “Quitting Smoking While in Recovery.” David is joined by St. Christopher’s Inn Amission Nurse Brian Kelly who currently facilitates the Smoking Cessation Program at SCI. Together, they explore the myths associated with quitting smoking in early recovery along with tips and techniques used at SCI that have made their program among the most successful smoking cessation programs anywhere.
in Self Help
Tonight come join in with Michal & Trish live on Butterfly Dreams Talk Radio!!! We are discussing your beginning path in life after abuse, YOUR SENSE OF PERSONAL SAFETY. We welcome & encourage men, women, & teens to take part and see their life with a shining new possibility when we are finally free.
As we continue our focus on Domestic Viloence Awareness Month; we want to focus this chat on our lives in present day. Note the present can often be distoreted by the negative of our past.
Using the 'U' diagram, think of those in your circle of life today. There are those whome you trust, those who are in your support system, those who you hold close to your heart - These are definitely your SAFE ZONE? Also evaluate your environment are you in danger now? Is there a particular person or threat, these are most definitely in your DANGER ZONE!!
It is difficult at best to figure out how to begin life over again after leaving our abuser (s). The beginnig steps to recovery can be balanced and mapped by using this one simple tool.
Michal & Trish are asking you to share your evaluation of personal safety with us tonight. Give us a call live at 347-215-7754 to share or connect with us all in the chatroom. Pass the scale on to a friend or family member who may be struggling and invite them all to take part in our Positive Recovery Programming. We want to empower your GROWTH, YOUR SENSE OF SELF TODAY.
This show is a community outreach broadcast of Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery and in no way should be considered any form of professional therapy or psychiatric service. Thank you.
The latest edition of the Recovery Radio Podcast features host Laurel McCullagh interviewing David Gerber on the topic of How and Why Substance Use Progresses. David takes listeners through the typical progression of addiction, and identifies shifts in this progression for our younger generation. In addition, David shares with listeners a key component to why people use drugs and why alcohol and drug use progresses beyond experimental use.
Today's guest is Gary A. from Connecticut. We were delighted to have Gary serve as one of the experienced speakers who appeared at The First International Alcoholics Anonymous History Conference in Portland, Maine. Gary has a long track record in the recovery field, in counseling, in work with prisons, and in working with veterans. And he will tell us about that today. Gary has devoted long hours and extensive effort to assembling and producing historical materials very important to our efforts to analyze and publicize the real Christian roots of "old-school" A.A. At the Maine Conference, Gary presented an excellent PowerPoint presentation of the history of early A.A. It was accompanied by music, photographs, audios, and appropriate explanatory points. This was and is one of the first accurate, relevant presentations of the real A.A. spiritual roots details. And Gary has taken his presentation to many different areas in Connecticut, acquainting viewers with spiritual materials they just haven't seen presented before. We believe this is the wave of the future as far as galvanizing speakers, sponsors, leaders, and recovery workers to acquaint AAs and others suffering from alcoholism and addiction with where they really came from in terms of the role that God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Bible played in A.A.'s origins, its history, the Christian upbringing of A.A.'s cofounders, and the original Akron A.A. pioneer fellowship principles and practices that achieved great successes beginning with A.A.'s founding in 1935. We look forward to hearing Gary tell us today of his background, work, presentation, and plans for making the facts known. And Gary has authored two books and a third is on the way. Take it away, Gary.
This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast focuses on addiction as a family problem. Host David Gerber inteviews Laura Zick, Family Program Coordinator at St. Christopher’s Inn. They will target the misconception that addiction comes in isolation, and discuss concepts such as co-dependency and enabling. Laura will assist suffering families in ways to find peace and serenity in their own lives. Finally, Laura will describe the family program at St. Christopher’s Inn, and why it’s so successful.
This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast focuses on parenting skillls and parenting in recovery. First time host Laurel McCullagh, Director of Nursing and Admissions at St. Christopher’s Inn, interviews usual host David Gerber, and together they address typical parenting styles, and how utilizing ineffective parenting styles in recovery can increase the chances that a child turns to alcohol and drugs. Don’t miss this informative and entertaining podcast.
Bianca Molle, M.Ed., spent over twenty-five years in both Special Education and Regular Ed., as well as parenting an autistic child. Fortunately, this background likely helped prepare her for the patience, dedication, and persistence necessary to heal herself herself from Parkinson’s Disease energetically using the body/mind method of qigong. Bianca is now totally recovered and happy to share her story, reflections, and method. Come hear a discussion between herself and Master Mingtong Gu, the man who taught her the practice. Then visit both of them as they present healing information and practices at the Parkinsons Recovery Summit in Santa Fe.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (447 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (54 chatters)
- Ms Blue (38 chatters)
- Stripped Real Raw Radio (30 chatters)
- Curious Times (30 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (26 chatters)
- 62196 (25 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (22 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (22 chatters)
- STORMS A COMIN (22 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (17 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (14 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (11 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (10 chatters)
- FridayNightcap wXEmiaj and Taylor (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (8 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (7 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (7 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (7 chatters)
- Rage Radio Inc (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (6 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (6 chatters)
- Donna L Sam (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (5 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (5 chatters)
- The Merlot Show (4 chatters)
- Sounding Off with Tank and Tony (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Business 411 (3 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (3 chatters)
- 63504 (3 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (3 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (3 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- Reader Tash (3 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (2 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Weekend Block (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (2 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (2 chatters)
- MHH NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- DanielVena (2 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- bapnation (1 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz (1 chatters)
- Amenti The Writer (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Detroit Web Radio (1 chatters)
- Diva Spot Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- psjlife Lets Talk Talk Show (1 chatters)
- NexxLegacy (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Rev James 0011 (1 chatters)
- righteoushustle (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Rod Stevie Show (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Soul Interaction Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk Love and Sex with Shey (1 chatters)
- THE BRYANT ORR NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- The Cowboys Corner (1 chatters)
- Whats Your Deal (1 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (0 chatters)