SORT BY Relevancy
Rape in our society says: "It's better not to get raped." It does not teach people not to rape. Society says girls shouldn't were provocative clothing, or post provocative picuture, and men being raped just doesn't happen.
This rape culture is wrong. It's not the person's fault. It's the perpatrator's fault. Rape is not really about sex it's about power. Tune in as we talk about rape in our culture, recovery and even dealing with going to the authorites.
As always you can call in 818-495-6931
in Self Help
There is often a disembodiment that occurs when one has experienced rape. Many people report feeling as if they were outside looking in at themselves and that they had "deserted themselves all together during the experience." So, the question is, what can be done to reconnect to the body after the body has experienced trauma? Many people in this category feel that the body is a dangerous place. They are often disgusted and even distrustful of the body its very self.
This podcast walks you through an exercise to mindfully reconnect. You may download the podcast and replay it in the mornings if it helps you come in contact with your body once again.
Provided by Madelaine Standing, The Heal Your Trauma Drama Program and The Viva Standing Foundation.
Rape culture is a phrase used to describe a culture in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender, sex, and sexuality.Examples of behaviors commonly associated with rape culture include victim blaming, sexual objectification, trivializing rape, denial of widespread rape, or refusing to acknowledge the harm of certain forms of sexual violence that do not conform to certain stereotypes of stranger or violent rape.
Most of us have heard about the 16 year old girl named Jada that spoke out about her rape. She was drugged and sexually assaulted at a house party. She didn't know it happened until pictures and video surfaced on social media. There was one person that admitted his involvement to the alleged rape from his social media post. We decided with this information that he had to be exposed but that was met with anger and even threats. The people was laughing at this young girl but got upset when one of the people involved got his twitter and facebook shutdown. Houston Police claim they have strong leads but they are dragging their feet to arrest the suspects.
Guys don't take pride in getting girls like years past. Now it's becoming more common to get women by "any means necessary." Unfortunately, that route is glorified by some musicians who insinuate that it's okay to "pop a molly" into a lady's drink to guarantee sex with her that night.
Tonight, we'll discuss how common it occurs and what women can do to avoid it. Getting "drug raped" is real and can happen to anyone in any city if you're not careful.
Also being discussed on the show will be statutory rape. The age of consent varies from state-to-state, but what is the best age for a boy/girl to consent to sex? Should boys be encouraged to tell when it happens to them rather than embrace it as a badge of honor? What is a fair penalty for someone who sleeps with an underaged person?
These things and more on the Talk 2 Q Radio Show!
"No experts. Just opinions."
Show No. 330
Scheduled for 60-75 mins.
Date rape and acquaintance rape are forms of sexual assault involving coercive sexual activities perpetrated by an acquaintance of the rape survivor. The perpetrator is almost always a man, and though both men and women can be raped, women are most often the targets of this violence. It is difficult, because of a lack of research on the subject and the tendency for rape survivors not to report attacks, to come up with precise statistics on male survivors. Date and acquaintance rape can happen to or be perpetrated by anyone. Incidences are very high: they comprise from 80-85% percent of all reported rapes. However, even these figures are not reliable. According to conservative FBI statistics, only 40% of all forms of rape are even reported.Date and acquaintance rape is quite prevalent on campuses. One in four college women has been raped; that is, has been forced, physically or verbally, actively or implicitly, to engage in sexual activity. A 2000 study revealed that 90% of college rape survivors knew their attacker before the incident. The values adopted by the dominant society dictate inherent differences between men and women. Women are expected to be passive, unassertive, and dependent. Similarly, men are constrained in their behavior. They are taught to be aggressive, even intimidating, strong, and relentless. They are taught not to take no for an answer. Men who accept or unwittingly exhibit this kind of behavior are likely to misinterpret a woman's communications. Typically, the man will decide that the woman is acting coy or hard to get in a sexual situation. He may believe that she really means yes, although she has been saying no.Communication is the most important avenue to understanding another person's desires and needs -- often the rapist will ignore the woman's attempts at communication, will misinterpret them and continue his actions.If a person says no and is still coerced or forced into having sex, then a rape has occurred.
It's a little late to call out rape, when that's how the country was built. Men need to join the rape culture conversation. ~ We have to accept a certain amount of rape ~ We accept Drunk driving deaths! ~ The way this culture is we should all be surprised there isn't more rapes ~ This is not a culture of misogyny, it's a culture with no empathy, so what do you expect. ~ There's more rape in the prisons than on the streets, so what are we really talking about? ~ How many people did the killer in Santa Barbara kill? ~
Life Coach Ade is welcoming back the “Men’s Panel: Rape, Domestic Violence and Respecting Women” with Ashende Amun, Joe Kelly and Dawn Wolf on the Ask Life Coach Ade Radio Show.
These topics are coming up daily on the news and on social media and the Brothers are coming together to add their voice about how men can contribute to making the world a safer place for women. Each of us has a responsibility to lift the level of our vibration, let’s start with a sacred conversation.
Join us to hear how true Spiritual Warriors interact with divine feminine energy and the women in their lives.
Ashende Amun is a CSL (Centers for Spiritual Living) Practitioner, an Urban Mystic, Occultist, Soul filled artist/poet and Spiritual activist.
Joe Kelly is an author known primarily for books about fathering. He is best known for the book Dads & Daughter. (www.TheDadMan.com)
Gregory E. Woods, Dawn Wolf is a musician, writer, a social activist and a Keeper of Stories. (Facebook)
Call in 347 426 3346 or post your questions on "Ask Life Coach Ade Radio Show" fan (LIKE) page on Facebook.
Also, don't miss Celestial Moment with Celeste Morgan. She offers the energy of the day!
This show will shift your consciousness. Empower you to create a space and a place for inspiration, transformation and healing.
For more information about Life Conversations Radio visit www.LifeConversationsMedia.com
Hello my followers, audience and listeners a like. I felt there was some new information that needed to be continued about my story that occurred today and thought it could be vital to others. Please listen to this part after you listen to Date Rape Friday.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (170 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (86 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (29 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- Bellesprit (19 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (17 chatters)
- Bio Individualized Medicine (13 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (11 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (8 chatters)
- ParaNation (8 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (8 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (6 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (6 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (4 chatters)
- FoReRadio (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (3 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MFW Radio Live (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- Were Alive (1 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Carole Gold (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)