SORT BY Relevancy
RAPE KITS BACKLOGGED ON SHELVES, RAPISTS FREE AS BIRDS. WHO’S DOING SOMETHING?
We've all heard about the backlog of rape kits at crime facilities and police labs all across the country, and all the information locked in those kits that could be used to prosecute rapists and prevent them from raping again. The good news is that some states are actually tackling that backlog and making headway in those DNA tests - AND finding a lot of criminals. The bad news – huge backlogs still exist; it takes money to process this evidence; and some states are actually charging victims for processing and investigating via rape kits.
Erika Teschke, Founder of RapeKitWA.org, started out as your everyday citizen until she read about the nationwide issue with untested rape kits. Since then she has talked with leaders at all levels of the rape kit chain of custody in Wa State and with national organizations such as the Joyful Heart’s End The Backlog in order to help bring victim centered rape kit reform to her home state. RapeKitWA. org began as an educational tool and has morphed into a community based grassroots lobbying effort that helped to both educate the public about rape kits and steer legislation through the WA State Legislature.
Join us as we talk with Erika to find out what's going on with rape kits around the country with rape kits and the victims they represent.
Call-in with your comments to (646) 378-0430.
And if you miss the live program, you can go to the website and listen to all our archived programs whenever you like at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/3women3ways
"Date Rape." The herific crime of Date Rape is discussed. The Ladies of The Girlfriend Network take on this tough subject because this crime is real even though is not often talked about. Lending her expert insight in the sensitive subject will be Dr. Gwendolyn Goldsby Grant. She has degrees in Counseling and Behavioral Science and has since become a private consultant, multi-media psychologist and public speaker. "The Energizer" as she is called, specializes in assertiveness training, multi-cultural issues, and men/women relationships. Join us Live!
As a victim of date rape, the psychological and emtional scars are deep and devastating. Even though our judicial system does not consider it a violent crime, the victim's life can be shattered. Chery Yanek joins us to share her story. She is a regular blogger at World of Cherie and tweets at cherylkathleen.
Rape and sexual assault, a convenient tale to sweep under the rug. Tonight's show discusses the current allegations made of Bill Cosby. Should we believe the victims or should we allow Bill Cosby to keep his father of America image?
We will talk about what drives people to rape, What victims can do after being raped, and how we should be helping those who have been victimized.
What "rape epidemic"? If we view examination of facts the way feminists want us to, Rolling Stone magazine is a bunch of rape apologists; Feminism is committing ideological suicide; how political correctness is killing comedy; the latest Hillary Clinton country music video; and New York police officers did NOT use excessive force in arresting Eric Garner, though their pretext for doing so is beyond questionable - which is to say, Michael Bloomberg killed him.
America's favorite TV dad Bill Cosby has been accused by multiple women of rape. The women state these alleged events happened more than 30+ years ago. No charges were filed or any arrest made yet the media and public are treating Bill Cosby as if he did this. The women present no evidence yet their word is all people need to tarnish Bill Cosby. This issue is something that any man fears. Women can ruin your life on lies and have you in prison,reputation tarnished and financially ruined. This is very disturbing on all levels
Rape, both in the military and in the civilian world, is a very serious problem that has yet to be moved into a progressive priority slot in the government's ladder of priorities. Despite a plethora of "new" outreach programs, outcry protests, petitions, news reports and "amended protective laws" for victims, the number of rapes and other sexual crimes continue to rise. Is it possible that these crimes are on the rise because a sexually-based offense is not truly considered a crime of priority, or even a crime at all? Television shows such as Scandal, Revenge and Empire portray power as a must-have at any cost, and sex is the most effective bargaining chip--while cases such as that of the late PFC Lavena Johnson demonstrates the viewpoint of the government that rape in the military is to be swept aside in order to protect the "bigger picture", or the honor/reputation of the delgates of the world. Do the widespread projections of hypersexualized media content and the lax approach to reported sex crimes contribute to the obliterating rape crisis in our country? Join in tonight at 10:30 pm EST by calling 347-327-9967.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (141 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT (43 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (26 chatters)
- John Baptist (18 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (8 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (6 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (6 chatters)
- Bellesprit (6 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (4 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (3 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (3 chatters)
- KimberlyMcGeorge (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (2 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Thats Novel (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Monique Chapman Show (1 chatters)
- Tony Reeves (1 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- alexas29 (1 chatters)
- DraftSmashers Radio (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Jawanza4life (1 chatters)
- MistyFredricks (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (0 chatters)
- Station IWDM (0 chatters)
- Steves segments (0 chatters)