SORT BY Relevancy
As a direct request from many listeners requests, this time on Let's Talk Trains sponsored by the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation, we discuss the Fostoria Iron Triangle Park in Fostoria, Ohio. The railfan viewing area opened last November to great reviews. We will hear from civic leaders and rail supporters on why Fostoria. Have you been there, if so call in and give your opinion.
Your host this week is Skip Waters, organizer of the 9th Annual "24 Hours @ Saginaw" 2014, a 24 hour railwatching event sponsored by the North Texas Chapter, NRHS. Joining us will be local guests attending "24 Hours @ Saginaw" as they share the fun activities happening at the Saginaw Chamber depot in Saginaw, Texas. We will also have Steve Allen Goen of Wichita Falls, Texas join us to discuss his recent DVD release on the A&M Railroad and what it took to document the ALCO's on the line. Speaking of the A&M, that is also the site of the NRHS National Convention in a few weeks with LTT host ShuttleTrain Ted. Lots to hear and talk about. Join us and our regular callers at 10:00 AM Pacific, 12:00 Noon Central Time. The call in telephone number is 646-716-7106
This week our old pal Conductor Nicolas returns to explore an interesting topic. Why do some people choose to live life as railroaders while others are content to go about life as railfans? Be sure to join this fascinating conversation during the live show on Saturday August 27 from 10 to Noon Pacific Time. All Aboard!!!
On our last “On The Road Segment” of 2013, we visit the railroad town of Jackson, not Mississippi but the other Jackson located in the State of Tennessee.
We visit with the Mayor to Jackson, Tenn. to find out about Jackson and what they are doing to make railfans and their citizens interested in rail tourism. We also chat with the Casey Jones Village and Museum director, then travel across town to visit with the city’s Park and Recreation Director, who’s department owns the NC&STL railroad depot. The museum director will also be on hand to describe the exhibits.
Plus, our usual band of regional reporters keeping us up-to-date on happenings around the country.
Join us won’t you?
The American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's the Let's Talk Trains Show visits with an old friend this week, Amtrak Media Relations Manager, Marc Magliari. After Marc brings us up to track speed, we will visit with the Twin City Model Railroad Museum.
During the whole second hour will be talking about the Minnesota Transportation Museum.
Join us as we continue to learn about what is available for railfans of all ages.
Join us as we find out what made a group on railfans gather toegether and then have the City of Folkston build a railwatching platform and welcomes railfans with open arms. we will also have our regular round-up reports.
The show contains pre-recorded segments.
This week, Kansas City Nathan will be hosting this week's show. Joining Nathan will be members of the movie "Railfans Chasing Trains," as we discuss the film, plus other behind-the-scenes details.
This week, join Kansas City Nathan, as we will welcome Robert and Kandace Tabern to the show, in a pre-recorded interview, after completing the inaugural run of the Trails & Rails program on Amtrak's Southwest Chief between Chicago Union Station and the LaPlata, Mo. Robert, who is the Chicago Coordinator for this Trails and Rails Group, will tell us about the history of the Trails & Rails Program, as well as talking about what it took to start the current Chicago-LaPlata, Mo. project, to coordinate with the National Parks Service & Amtrak, as well as gathering the information between Chicago and LaPlata, which will be presented to riders on the Southwest Chief. Kandace will tell us about the Junior Ranger program for children riding the train. And last, but not least, Robert tells us about a very special occasion which took place on a train which would make many railfans jealous! Be sure to join us! ALL ABOARD!
This week, Let's Talk Trains invites two different Railroad Museums to discuss their museums and their mission. The Georgia State Railroad museum will discuss their history and the future. The Houston Railroad Museum will discuss their plans for the future. Both museums will try and answer the perception of non railfans, calling some museums junkyards.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (42 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (17 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (12 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Love Productions (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (5 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (4 chatters)
- TheGod720 (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (3 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (2 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Cassandra McDonald (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters95 (1 chatters)
- WBDN Media (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Theresa Chaze (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Duke Machado Show (1 chatters)