SORT BY Relevancy
A weekly program dedicated to handicapping thoroughbred racing. Host "Trip Thompson" will breakdown the weekends best races with detailed analysis and selections. Exotic wagers will be discussed exploring the potential for consistant success at the races. Questions from live callers will be welcome. A featured weekly guest from the racing industry will be the feature of the show.
A lot of folks have been talking about the Triple Crown this past week, and some think that it should be dumbed down to accommodate...to accommodate the "younger generation" who were born after 1978.
Ummm...is the sport going to change everything, to meet the needs of people who aren't necessarily becoming fans? Tonight I'll discuss the logical place to begin the journey toward horse racing fandom. How to turn casual observers and potential fans into lifelong fanatics. Hint: it rhymes with, "source."
Live from Beautiful Belmont Park--it's f!lly Racing Radio.
Monday, June 2--just five days before the 2014 Belmont Stakes--we'll webcast from the gorgeous, ivy-ccovered halls of Belmont Park.
Will California Chrome win the Belmont Stakes, thence--the Triple Crown? If not him--who *will* take home the magnificent Belmont Stakes Trophy?
Tune in on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 New York Time, and let's get wired together.
In July of 2013, NYRA (the New York Racing Association) sponsored f!lly Racing Radio--and thereby, made herstory. Women love horses--and horse racing. NYRA, in its wisdom, acknowledge this natural connection and sponsored f!lly Racing Radio. The first incarnation of f!lly Racing Radio took place during the Saratoga race meet in 2013--but it seemed a shame that the show didn't continue after Saratoga Race Course closed for the season.
Of course, we hope that NYRA will renew this relationship in 2014, but in the meantime--we're continuing the show here on Blog Talk Radio. Tune in every Monday from 2 - 2:30PM Eastern Time, USA--or check out the podcast archives every week. We'll talk about women and horse racing--fans, professionals, hopefuls. We'll discuss f!llies, mares and pensioned mares. We'll raise a ruckus--storm the fortress of the Old Boys' Club and, hopefully, help females find their (our) rightful place in this beautiful, frustrating, magnificent sport.
Facebook drives me nuts: it's the moist, hot petri dish in which grows all sorts of hysteria. I've never witnessed so many weeping, whining, hysterical people as on FB--have you? How much does social media feed a story, and make it bigger than it should be?
Case in point: All the hysterical people on Facebook now can concentrate on bigger issues than whether a horse wears a nasal strip on June 7th. I suspect that the Chromies--as I'm designating those who are rabid to see a Triple Crown achieved, OR who believe that California Chrome is destined to do it--somehow EXPECT that, since he's got the chance, he WILL win.
But it's called a "horse race," folks. No sure things here. Can he do the distance? On Big Sandy? Might those other horses have some talent, as well? We'll talk about a lot tonight, so I hope you tune into f!llly Racing Radio. :)
Do we anthropomorphize our horses? That is, do we treat horses as if they're humans, embued with human emotions?
The only thing I can think of that's wrong with that is that...who says that being "human" is a good thing? Maybe we should flip that script: maybe humans should learn how to conduct Life from horses.
And maybe that script-flipping would lead to a better racing industry...
Tune in tonight to f!lly Racing Radio, and hear my thoughts. I may be spot-on. I may be insane. Either way, I WILL be entertaining.
What's new in horse racing? Who's making news? Will a horse who's not from Kentucky cross the finish line first at the Kentucky Derby this year? So many things to discuss--how can we get it all in in just 30 mintes? Tune in this evening, and see if fueling my brain with coffee will help get it all in...
What's new in horse racing? Who's fascinating? What's irking me? Tune in on Saint Patrick's Day at 6:30PM New York Time to find out. (OK, so you may be out having corned beef, cabbage and 'taters at that time. But please do listen via archive after you get home and wish you'd not eaten quite so much cabbage...)
And while you're waiting for the show to start...check out this URL, for the official Dubai World Cup film for 2014. Enjoy!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (71 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (39 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (34 chatters)
- The Portal (33 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- in5d (17 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (15 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (13 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (13 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (13 chatters)
- Straitway (13 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (12 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (12 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (9 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- Living Astrology (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (8 chatters)
- Trek Talking (8 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (7 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (6 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (6 chatters)
- Random Rants (5 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (5 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (4 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- LyricalForte (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (0 chatters)
- The Grace View (0 chatters)