SORT BY Relevancy
Racism can be defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior. The exact definition of racism is controversial both because there is little scholarly agreement about the meaning of the concept "race", and because there is also little agreement about what does and doesn't constitute discrimination. Some definitions would have it that any assumption that a person's behavior would be influenced by their racial categorization is racist, regardless of whether the action is intentionally harmful or pejorative. Other definitions only include consciously malignant forms of discrimination. Racism include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes. The practice of treating certain groups preferentially, or denying rights or benefits to certain groups, based on racial characteristics is termed “institutional racism”. Stokely Carmichael of the “Black Panthers Movement” is credited for coining the phrase institutional racism in the late 1960s. He defined the term as “the collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their color, culture or ethnic origin”.
Watch this video:
Tonight, Vito and Vito talk about ISIS beheading American journalist James Foley, the Ferguson riots, race-baiting and the new developments in the Michael Brown case.
Then, the Vitos delve into a topic that is sure to make your hair raise. Liberalism, from high school to college has consumed the classroom. Professors and high school teachers alike have allowed liberal-bias to spread across academia, forcing kids to become indoctrinated with political views that are misguided, one-sided and wrong. Listen in as the Vitos, as well as other students, talk about how it is to be a conservative in a toxic environment.
Originally aired 11/2011
From Facing Race 2008's Plenary 3, held on Saturday, November 15. The Compact for Racial Justice offers concrete strategies and policy proposals to reverse racial disparities and move our society towards full equity, inclusion and dignity for all people. The Compact transcends talk of personal prejudice with compelling evidence of institutional racism and realistic proactive solutions. It seeks to engage a broad multiracial base of activists, opinion leaders and policymakers in making government and powerful institutions accountable for eliminating racial inequality in our schools, hospitals, courtrooms and workplaces.
Moderator: Tammy Johnson, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
Rinku Sen, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
LeeAnn Hall, Northwest Federation of Community Organizers http://nwfco.org/
John Jackson, Schott Foundation for Public Education http://www.schottfoundation.org
Andrea Batista Schlesinger, Drum Major Institute http://www.drummajorinstitute.org
Karin M. Wang, Asian Pacific American Legal Center http://www.apalc.org/
Rinku Sen: Locating Justice
Racial profiling is a practice that presents a great danger to the fundamental principles of our Constitution. Racial profiling disproportionately targets people of color for investigation and enforcement, alienating communities from law enforcement, hindering community policing efforts, and causing law enforcement to lose credibility and trust among the people they are sworn to protect and serve. We rely on the police to protect us from harm and to promote fairness and justice in our communities. The despicable practice of racial profiling, however, has led countless people to live in fear and created a system of law enforcement that casts entire communities as suspect.
Racial profiling continues to be a prevalent and egregious form of discrimination in the United States. This unjustifiable practice remains a stain on American democracy and an affront to the promise of racial equality. Since September 11, 2001, new forms of racial profiling have affected a growing number of people of color in the U.S., including members of Muslim, Arab, and South Asian communities. The Obama administration has inherited a shameful legacy of racial profiling codified in official FBI guidelines and a notorious registration program that treats Arabs and Muslims as suspects and denies them the presumption of innocence and equal protection under the law.
Join Pastor Bias and Panelists for 9/14/14 Sunday School Lesson.
Pastor Bias and Panelist review current Sunday School lesson.
To continue the month of football talk and to kick off the new season the boys of West Coast Bias will be talking a look at the southern half of California as Double K and The Doual talk San Diego Chargers football. With a couple of pre season games in their pocket how do the Chargers look? Is Phillip Rivers the elite QB he has been in recent years? Can he lead the Chargers to the playoffs in this tough AFC West? So listen in as the boys bring you NFL football from a West Coast point of view. That’s Sunday at 8pm PST right here on the 4ACES Network on www.Blogtalkradio.com/fouracespresents ...
WELCOME to Independent Underground Radio LIVE - Michigan's Top Politico Program - Aired Monday and Wednesday from 11:00 - 1:00 PM ET.
On The Show:
Guest - Warren, Michigan Mayor Warren Fouts (R) discuss aftermath of the Great Flood on his city, the lack of proper infrastructure upgrades to deal with emergencies in Michigan, how global warming is changing how our governmental units must prepare incidents of a similar nature, in the future, the Proposal 1 of 2014 on-going lawsuit and more!
We will discuss America's So-Called "Post-Racial" Society or truly lack their of, in light of three weeks and two days after the death of 18 year-old Michael Brown. Today, in Ferguson, as Brown's parents prepare to finally lay their son to rest, will any lesson be learn from Michael's untimely death about race, culture, class and economic problems in what some have describe -- a society that's past the centuries long racial divide?
Independent Underground Radio LIVE FEATURED FOUR YEAR ON BTR -Progressive Talk Radio- podcast based out of Ann Arbor covering Michigan and National Politics, breaking news and more. As Michigan's Top Politico podcast, IU Radio LIVE had over 200K podcast downloads in 2013 alone!
Host Monica RW is an owner/writer for the popular Independent Underground News website, media consultant for ROJS Media LLC, a experienced grassroots and elected local political leader, and brings her researched Independent opinions to the political issues of the day.
Call into the show with your thoughts and opinions at 347-934-0185 or tweet us @IUNewsTalk.
IN THIS BROADCAST WE WILL BE HAVING A PANEL DISCUSSION ON RACE AND RACIAL EQULITY IN AMERICA.
Racial equality means different things in different contexts. It mostly deals with an equal regard to all races. It can refer to a belief in biologicalequality of all human races. It can also refer to social equality for people of different races. WHY HAVE SO CALL BLACK PEOPLE BEEN HATED THROUGHOUT HISTORY? WILL WE EVEN SEE EQUAL JUSTICE HERE IN AMERICA? AND WHY DO IT SEEM LIKE BLACK PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY ONES BEENING KILLED BY POLICE? SO PLEASE COME AND JOIN US AS WE DISCUSS THESE ISSUES.
Seoul, South Korea is the gathering place for this years meeting of the World Alliance of Religion Peace Summit on September 17, 18, and 19, and Denise Love, advocate for the rights of the incarcerated, will be a special delegate from the U.S. Representing the Chriss-Shaun/ Jesse Ma Houston Prison Ministry, Denise Love plans to share her passion about righting the injustices of those trapped in America's prison system. She will get an opportunity to meet with Ambassadors, Heads of State, religious leaders, healthcare advocates, and others who will speak about justice and prisons in countries struggling to end war and live in peace. The eyes of the world are on America, and after the Ferguson uprising over the killing of unarmed teen Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson, many more videos have surfaced on the Internet showing shocking scenes of police brutality. Ms. Love intends to present the case of America's racially biased Criminal Justice system to the world community with the hopes that international attention and pressure may put an end to the killing of citizens by police that continue to be casually dismissed particularly when the person killed is an African American male. The outrageous numbers of imprisoned U.S. citizens is a subject of concern for Ms. Love, who hopes to bring light to the profit motive that has corrupted the criminal justice system into a mere business. What can the international community do to bring pressure to the powers that be in America to end racial injustice? Is this the next step before taking America before the World Court to sue for human rights violations?
Join Pastor Teresa R. Bias, Panelists and Tabernacle Kids, Boss and Pistol (reading) for another exciting Sunday School Lesson.
With the new football season right around the corner and the pre season having begun. It is time for the boys of West Coast Bias to take a look at the grid iron. Over the next five weeks WCB is going to be taking a look at the West Coast NFL teams and how they stack up in the league this season. The 1st of these teams is the team that had the most cap money to spend and had one of the best off-season’s this year and that was the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders made a lot of moves this offseason and every one of them helped this team get better. So tune in on Sunday night at 8pm PST to Double K and The Doual as they kickoff the football season and talk Raiders football right here on West Coast Bias on the 4ACES Network. www.Blogtalkradio.com/fouracespresents ...
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (83 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (56 chatters)
- The Portal (36 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (30 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (22 chatters)
- in5d (22 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (14 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (13 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (12 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (12 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (8 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (7 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (7 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Random Rants (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Living Astrology (3 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Straitway (3 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Fancalls (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- Gathering At The Well (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- MRTALK (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)