SORT BY Relevancy
Racism can be defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior. The exact definition of racism is controversial both because there is little scholarly agreement about the meaning of the concept "race", and because there is also little agreement about what does and doesn't constitute discrimination. Some definitions would have it that any assumption that a person's behavior would be influenced by their racial categorization is racist, regardless of whether the action is intentionally harmful or pejorative. Other definitions only include consciously malignant forms of discrimination. Racism include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes. The practice of treating certain groups preferentially, or denying rights or benefits to certain groups, based on racial characteristics is termed “institutional racism”. Stokely Carmichael of the “Black Panthers Movement” is credited for coining the phrase institutional racism in the late 1960s. He defined the term as “the collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their color, culture or ethnic origin”.
Watch this video:
Tonight, Vito and Vito talk about ISIS beheading American journalist James Foley, the Ferguson riots, race-baiting and the new developments in the Michael Brown case.
Then, the Vitos delve into a topic that is sure to make your hair raise. Liberalism, from high school to college has consumed the classroom. Professors and high school teachers alike have allowed liberal-bias to spread across academia, forcing kids to become indoctrinated with political views that are misguided, one-sided and wrong. Listen in as the Vitos, as well as other students, talk about how it is to be a conservative in a toxic environment.
Originally aired 11/2011
From Facing Race 2008's Plenary 3, held on Saturday, November 15. The Compact for Racial Justice offers concrete strategies and policy proposals to reverse racial disparities and move our society towards full equity, inclusion and dignity for all people. The Compact transcends talk of personal prejudice with compelling evidence of institutional racism and realistic proactive solutions. It seeks to engage a broad multiracial base of activists, opinion leaders and policymakers in making government and powerful institutions accountable for eliminating racial inequality in our schools, hospitals, courtrooms and workplaces.
Moderator: Tammy Johnson, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
Rinku Sen, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
LeeAnn Hall, Northwest Federation of Community Organizers http://nwfco.org/
John Jackson, Schott Foundation for Public Education http://www.schottfoundation.org
Andrea Batista Schlesinger, Drum Major Institute http://www.drummajorinstitute.org
Karin M. Wang, Asian Pacific American Legal Center http://www.apalc.org/
Rinku Sen: Locating Justice
Racial profiling is a practice that presents a great danger to the fundamental principles of our Constitution. Racial profiling disproportionately targets people of color for investigation and enforcement, alienating communities from law enforcement, hindering community policing efforts, and causing law enforcement to lose credibility and trust among the people they are sworn to protect and serve. We rely on the police to protect us from harm and to promote fairness and justice in our communities. The despicable practice of racial profiling, however, has led countless people to live in fear and created a system of law enforcement that casts entire communities as suspect.
Racial profiling continues to be a prevalent and egregious form of discrimination in the United States. This unjustifiable practice remains a stain on American democracy and an affront to the promise of racial equality. Since September 11, 2001, new forms of racial profiling have affected a growing number of people of color in the U.S., including members of Muslim, Arab, and South Asian communities. The Obama administration has inherited a shameful legacy of racial profiling codified in official FBI guidelines and a notorious registration program that treats Arabs and Muslims as suspects and denies them the presumption of innocence and equal protection under the law.
WELCOME to Independent Underground Radio LIVE - Michigan's Top Politico Program - Aired Monday and Wednesday from 11:00 - 1:00 PM ET.
On The Show:
Guest - Warren, Michigan Mayor Warren Fouts (R) discuss aftermath of the Great Flood on his city, the lack of proper infrastructure upgrades to deal with emergencies in Michigan, how global warming is changing how our governmental units must prepare incidents of a similar nature, in the future, the Proposal 1 of 2014 on-going lawsuit and more!
We will discuss America's So-Called "Post-Racial" Society or truly lack their of, in light of three weeks and two days after the death of 18 year-old Michael Brown. Today, in Ferguson, as Brown's parents prepare to finally lay their son to rest, will any lesson be learn from Michael's untimely death about race, culture, class and economic problems in what some have describe -- a society that's past the centuries long racial divide?
Independent Underground Radio LIVE FEATURED FOUR YEAR ON BTR -Progressive Talk Radio- podcast based out of Ann Arbor covering Michigan and National Politics, breaking news and more. As Michigan's Top Politico podcast, IU Radio LIVE had over 200K podcast downloads in 2013 alone!
Host Monica RW is an owner/writer for the popular Independent Underground News website, media consultant for ROJS Media LLC, a experienced grassroots and elected local political leader, and brings her researched Independent opinions to the political issues of the day.
Call into the show with your thoughts and opinions at 347-934-0185 or tweet us @IUNewsTalk.
IN THIS BROADCAST WE WILL BE HAVING A PANEL DISCUSSION ON RACE AND RACIAL EQULITY IN AMERICA.
Racial equality means different things in different contexts. It mostly deals with an equal regard to all races. It can refer to a belief in biologicalequality of all human races. It can also refer to social equality for people of different races. WHY HAVE SO CALL BLACK PEOPLE BEEN HATED THROUGHOUT HISTORY? WILL WE EVEN SEE EQUAL JUSTICE HERE IN AMERICA? AND WHY DO IT SEEM LIKE BLACK PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY ONES BEENING KILLED BY POLICE? SO PLEASE COME AND JOIN US AS WE DISCUSS THESE ISSUES.
this broadcast is about racial profiling ,how some minorities get pull over for suspicion. This broadcast is also about mental health profiling as well as how the police departments in america can be train to deal with the african american community vice versa
Join Pastor Teresa R. Bias, Panelists and Tabernacle Kids, Boss and Pistol (reading) for another exciting Sunday School Lesson. Special encore presentation of Thursday's Review.
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT INVESTING IN THIS NEW HIGH-TECH ECONOMY – AND THE EFFECT OF MEDIA BIAS ON THE ECONOMY. THERE ARE WAYS TO GET AROUND THAT BIAS. ONE OF THEM IS THE ISM REPORT WHICH IS THE INSTITUTE OF SUPPLY MANAGEMENT. YOU CAN FIND IT AT I-S-M DOT-W-S. THAT’S ONE OF THE TIPS WE GOT FROM MICHAEL CARR. HE IS THE EDITOR OF PEAK PROFITS REPORT DOT-COM. HE THINKS THERE WILL BE AN INVESTOR PANIC SOON – WHICH HE CALLS THE SANFORD AND SON ECONOMY – THANKS TO HOW THE MEDIA READS ECONOMIC DATA – OR BETTER YET – NOT READING ENOUGH ECONOMIC DATA.
“Yeah I think that is how the media is shaping events. People are scared. Sanford and Son Market. I am coming Elizabeth. Economic news is shifting. There is a lot of great data. ISM new order index great info on page 4 or 5. Orders are now high and about to slow down. Panic will set in. Could see a good 10-20% drop in the market here.”
AGAIN THAT INFORMATION ON THE ISM REPORT IS FREE. JUST GO TO ISM DOT-W-S AND READ. WE WILL HAVE MORE WITH MICHAEL CARR COMING UP. THAT’S INFORMED NOT INFLAMED.
Press  for Democracy (P1FD) is a Coffee Party Radio show that discusses the political issues of the day in a civil, fact-based, and transpartisan manner. Transpartisan is quite different from bi- or non-partisan in the we encourage callers to be passionate about their positions, but also that they listen and respond to those with differing points of view repsectfully and with a true desire to find common ground on which solutions can be built.
Tonight on P1FD . . .
Join special Guest Hosts Kathleen Morgan and Marianne Castiglia for a look at bias in the mainstream media.
Do American’s trust what is published in newspapers, or broadcast on TV and radio news programs?
Charges of bias in the mainstream media seem to be raging stronger than ever. Do you believe that some media outlets distort stories and then allow other stories to get more or less attention? Do you ever feel that minor or trivial stories like celebrity divorce or even lengthy murder trials are used to distract us from getting vital information that has a greater impact on ourselves and our country?
“Media bias” describes an unbalanced or unfair reporting style that is meant not to inform, but to sway public opinion. On today's Press  for Democracy, let's talk about what’s being reported by today’s mainstream media, how it’s being presented, and how it is effecting conversations in neighborhood coffee shops and at work around the water cooler.
The name Black Wallstreet conjures up images of an economicaly thriving African American community attacked and burned to the ground by jealous whites. Today's efforts to resurrect an economically thriving African American community in the wake of the recent riots in Missouri prompt the question "How Ca Econoic Empowerment of African Americans End Racial Injustice?" The disrespect of African Americans has been at the root of American politics, economics and culture, the result of the wounds of slavery that remain unhealed. Can financial affluence alone reverse attitudes of disrespect for black life? Are neighborhoods more likely to get respect from law enforcement officers if the residents are also the business owners in the community? How can a stronger economy in formerly economically depressed communities result in more tangible political gaines? What collective action will it take to circulate money into areas that are currently suffering the consequences of longtime neglect. Chicago activist Mark Allen discusses the plans for Black Wallstreet and how economic development can diffuse racial tensions end the gang violence that is often used as an excuse for excessive police force against African American youth.
Join Pastor Teresa R. Bias, Panelists and Tabernacle Kids, Boss and Pistol (reading) for another exciting Sunday School Lesson.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (147 chatters)
- John Baptist (107 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (59 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (39 chatters)
- RCRadio (32 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (27 chatters)
- DDP Radio (26 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (26 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (22 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- David and Wes (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (16 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (15 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (14 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (14 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (9 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (5 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (4 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- Progressive Talking People (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- HeliOSoul (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- LineaLove Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)