SORT BY Relevancy
Does it seem like racism in America has increased since the election of Barak Obama as President of the United States in 2008? Well, it certainly seems so. What is it like to be Black in today's "post- racial" America? We'll be discussing that and more today, along with some awesome political poetry pieces on Eddie Caine Radio.
On The Healing Room this week, we're taking a look at racial differences. Those differences are old, they are cold and they are vast. But we have the love in our hearts that can melt the ice, if we allow it.
We will discuss the teaching of Martin Luther King, Jr., as a reminder that he was not a man driven by racial differences, he was driven by a passion for Christ. He was driven by truth. Let's look back for just a moment and rekindle that passion for Christ that can heal our hearts, our church and our nation. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
Visit us at Spiritual Health Source.
Get Connected for updates on Facebook or Twitter.
Learn more about Janiece C. Andrews, M.D.
(NOTE: Today’s March 22, 2015 is a prerecorded repeat show on racial images in worship)
Imam W. Deen Mohammed gave us C.R.A.I.D. early in his leadership (circa 1978) and it was quite effective. C.R.A.I.D. is an acronym for “COMMITTEE for the REMOVAL of ALL IMAGES that attempt to portray the DIVINE”.
There is Facebook discussion on racial images in worship. This noble effort is investigating the best methods for reviving CRAID. What do you think about C.R.A.I.D. in today’s world?
Another Facebook group I manage is titled "GIVE GOD NO COLOR." (https://m.facebook.com/groups/136138373208123)
It has been widely received and opened the following exchange:
Last winter one of our Focolare friends shared with me a beautiful report. While planning for their annual "Day of Christian Unity" the company that supplies the artwork for this special day sent them a very; as she described it, "a very white American looking image of Jesus." However due to her being a part of our FB group "GIVE GOD NO COLOR" and her love for our concern she called the supply company and told them that they could not accept such an image or any racial depictions. This is very significant. We thank Allah for bringing Imam W. Deen Mohammed and the blessed lady Chiara Lubrich and their respective communities together as ONE! This is a way to advance the message of C.R.A.I.D. to an audience that we could probably never reach.
Join WORDS MAKE PEOPLE on Sunday March 22, 2015 as we discuss C.R.A.I.D; its history and relevancy today. (NOTE: This is a prerecorded repeat show)
Prompted by recent issues in the news involving race and violence, Teen Talk explores the state of racial inequality in the United States. Hosts Dana, Domy, Kyla, and Yanira discuss this along with how the public thinks about racial issues and how to respectfully disagree with someone whose views oppose your own. Our guest is retired Syracuse City Judge Langston McKinney.
*The views and opinions expressed in this program belong solely to the hosts and guest. They do not reflect the views and opinions of the Teen Talk program or Contact Community Services.
Join Dr. Culbreth for Racial Identity and a Colorblind Society.
The right to self-identify
Denying ancestry and heritage
“I am not African American I am an American”
African American or Black American
Historical view of “African American”
When racial categories offend
A Colorblind Society?
Help STOP Racial Profiling - ACTION WE NEED TO TAKE!
Correcting The System of Unequal Justice is BACK for its 1st LIVE show of 2015!
Join Gerald E. Rose, his New Order National Human Rights team and Danilo Ignacio of The Mediahandlers Group as they tackle this week's topics, Racial Profiling & Body Cameras.
Call In - SOUND Off by calling in at 718-664-6543!
Racial Profiling -- The consideration of race, ethnicity, or national origin by an officer of the law in deciding when and how to intervene in an enforcement capacity.
1. African-Americans comprise 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America.
2. Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of the white people stopped.
3. After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.
4. In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.
5. In 2009 African-Americans are 21% more likely than whites to receive mandatory minimum sentences and 20% more likely to be sentenced to prison than white drug defendants.
SOUND OFF -- Sign>>> S. 1038 (113th): End Racial Profiling Act of 2013
Its March Madness as Mr. Midnight Movie and Jewish Producer make a appearance on Blog Talk Radio. Tonight the topic is Racial Profiling is it really a problem in Ferguson - is it hype or reality ? Is this a pervision of justice of reality through the department of Justice. Are they being verbose ? If this is true what are the implications for America ? With Eric Holder insisting that the burden of proof be lowered for civil rights cases, what does this mean for you the average Joe in the coastal states ? How much will this cost the average American. Have a opinion - call in at 646 716 7259. The orginal number - the orginal arguement. Speak up, Be Heard and Take Action.
Mr. Midnight Movie You Tube Channel :
Call In (646) 929-0300 TONIGHT @ 7:00PM(E) for the Vibrate and Elevate Network’s newest segment: THE REAL CHURCH UNCUT! Host Pastor Tray and Shantell Smith of Experience The Mission and co-host Ms. Controversy Byrd of PNC Consulting Firm and of the Vibrate & Elevate NETWORK will deliver a supernatural show about " RACIAL INJUSTICE!" Be sure to tune in for our current event spill, Angels & Demons of the week, our Highway to Hell lesson, T.A.B.U [Telepathically Assertive Bold & Unapologetic] excerpts, & Community Connection highlights.
FOR BOOKINGS CALL: 786.972.8695 OR VISIT WWW.PNCCONSULTINGFIRM.COM
Originally aired 11/2011
From Facing Race 2008's Plenary 3, held on Saturday, November 15. The Compact for Racial Justice offers concrete strategies and policy proposals to reverse racial disparities and move our society towards full equity, inclusion and dignity for all people. The Compact transcends talk of personal prejudice with compelling evidence of institutional racism and realistic proactive solutions. It seeks to engage a broad multiracial base of activists, opinion leaders and policymakers in making government and powerful institutions accountable for eliminating racial inequality in our schools, hospitals, courtrooms and workplaces.
Moderator: Tammy Johnson, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
Rinku Sen, Applied Research Center http://www.arc.org
LeeAnn Hall, Northwest Federation of Community Organizers http://nwfco.org/
John Jackson, Schott Foundation for Public Education http://www.schottfoundation.org
Andrea Batista Schlesinger, Drum Major Institute http://www.drummajorinstitute.org
Karin M. Wang, Asian Pacific American Legal Center http://www.apalc.org/
Rinku Sen: Locating Justice
Let's take another look at race relations. Has it improved? Has it gotten worse? Michael Brown, another young black man gets shot, ironically by a white police officer. Riots ensue. Protests begin. Football players from the St. Louis Rams pay tribute to Michael Brown with the "Hands up" gesture during a game. Should they be fined? Are relations between the races improving or not. We'll ask you to weight in. Are we respecting each other? And not just black or white. Red, white, black, brown. Everyone. Because racial tensions happen no matter what color, creed or nationality you are.
Racial Tensions. This week. "On-Air".
Many of my friends have been speaking to me about the police brutality and the racial issues it brings up. This week I will be discussing how we alienate people of good will and what people of good will need to know to help as a respectful partner.
Meet me here (646-716-5171) Wednesday, April 15th. Tax Day in the US.
If you are listening live, you may ask a question by pressing 1 on your phone or by joining the chat if you are logged in online.
Listen live or listen on demand at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/defyinggravity
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (122 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (53 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (26 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (20 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (18 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- Medium David M Baker (14 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (13 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Angels Of Light (8 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (6 chatters)
- True Humanity Party (6 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (6 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (5 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (5 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (4 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (3 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- righteoushustle (3 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (2 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (2 chatters)
- Human Rights Demand (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Is That Jazz Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- DontLetThemBurn (1 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (1 chatters)
- Prophet TB Joshua Teachings (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)