SORT BY Relevancy
Today I will be talking about 2 basic commands that are easy to teach your dog - "Sit" and "come". Every week I will be discussing tips for training so please tune in. The first part of my show, I will discuss how to teach your puppy. I will take callers after that. Please feel free to type in your comments so I can add them to the show! I will also have a joke of the week to share. Everyone enjoys a good laugh!
Hello listeners! You are in for a great show! The Puppy Whisperer will be discussing future plans for the show and the best information to be able to share with fellow dog lovers! My husband and I will be putting together ideas from our listeners for the greatest show ever! Let's put our heads together and create an educational, funny show full of fun facts for everyone who loves dogs!
Puppy Training Tips-AA - Anxiety Anonymous: "Hello, my name is Fido and I am addicted to my people."
Does your pet suffer from anxiety? Next week, The Puppy Whisperer is going to discuss the different ways to fix and prevent anxious animals to help them live happier, healthier lives. Tune in and chat or text your questions or email Thepuppywhisperer@yahoo.com. Let's get together and help each other lower stress levels in our pets and in our lives!
Most people have probably heard something about puppy mills. But how much do you really know? In this episode of The Missy Show, we define just what puppy mills are and explore the living conditions these dogs find themselves in. Before you get your next puppy, be sure to tune in to this episode. Join hosts J and D, Saturday, January 17th at 5pm Central as they tackle this heartbreaking topic.
Gigi has a puppy that she perceives has a streak to be the pack leader. She is worried, since he is a bull mastive that she might have trouble down the line.
Is it possible to have a dominant puppy? Can it be changed? What possibilities are there? What makes a puppy dominant?
This segment will help dog owners have a better understanding about why our puppies bite us so much. We will focus on ways to combat the biting and how to help our "teething" babies get through this horrible stage. I will offer tips on what to use that doesn't bite into your wallet.
Host and dog training and behavior specialist Julie Forbes talks with Leah Espy who works with Young Living pure essential oils. Julie met Leah at the Seattle Kennel Club Dog Show this spring. How might essential oils help your dog and why Young Living? Then the conversation shifts to Julie sharing her expertise about puppies. She's fitting in as much info as she can about puppies and what you need to know about how to respond to common puppy challenges like housetraining, mouthing, chewing, and socialization.
Jane Messineo Lindquist (Killion) will be joining Dog Talk host Michelle Huntting to discuss puppy socialization.
Jane, author of When Pigs Fly, has spent the last 14 years creating a training system that works for "impossible" dogs. She now successfully helps others train their "impossible" dogs. Jane breeds Bull Terriers and has put dozens of titles on 7 Bull Terriers and 2 Australian Cattle dogs.
Hot Dogs, baseball, family vacays in the minivan packed to the hilt all synonyous with summer... but what you don't want is a too Hot Dawg left in your car... or leaving your furry canine family member in just anybody's care.
Joining Tamara Leigh's TREND ON with Heidi Feemster to share Puppy TLC is Diana Whealon, owner ofComplete Canine Care Center of Shawano, WI. Diana Whealon has over 30 years in the Dawg Business from breeding and boarding to the dog show circuits and training classes for owners and puppies. Whether Doggy Day Care, longer term boarding, or tips on making sure that if Rover does come along for the ride, he's not subject to heat stroke or dehydration in summer's heat -- Diana & her Canine Care expertise has it covered. She also provides useful info on Puppy Training 101 with quick tips on "new baby/puppy" in the house, best ages for teaching and breaking bad habits and knowing your breeds before you buy. http://www.completecaninecarecenter.com/ccccsite/index.html
Follow us on twitter: @tamaraleighllc @heidifeemster @linkedlocalnet and tamaraleighllc.com and linkedlocalnetwork.com
Wolfdog Radio: Your Voice, Your Time will sit down with special guest Kat Wolfdancer to discuss life with wolfdog puppies! Members of the Wolfdog Community will join us around the table to ask questions, share their experiences, offer advice, or simply just vent!
Sharon Green will also join us for a special interview to share her training methods, struggles, and stories while raising her two wolfdogs, Shango (high content) and Neeka (low content). Sharon will also stick around for the remainder of the show and offer her advice along with Kat!
Raising a wolfdog puppy can be a highly rewarding experience, but it can also be a challenge, especially during that crucial first year of development. It’s very easy to become overwhelmed. Sometimes this can leave your head spinning, and your days filled with frustration and concern that you’re not applying the “correct” methods and therefore jeopardizing the bond with your animal. Do not feel alone, we ALL go through this!! From the beginning to the ending stages of puppyhood, wolfdog owners experience a variety of challenges.
No matter the content of our pups, there seems to be general consensus across the community that most, if not all, wolfdog owners go through similar challenges. Some of these include: resource guarding; rough play; mouthing/biting; socialization; car sickness; exposure to novel stimuli; and choosing the correct diet. We want to explore these topics and the various methods used to deter such unwanted behaviors. It’s important that we all have the opportunity to learn from one another.
"What works for one, may not work for another. It’s always best to have a bunch of different tools to choose from."
To learn more about Woldog Radio: Your Voice, Your Time and our special guests please visit www.wolfdogradio.com
Marjorie’s Kennel in rural New York in August of 2013 was found by the Department of Agriculture to have more than 200 dogs, living in filthy pens: many suffering from disease or injuries. Rescue efforts have resulted in the release of 60 dogs who have been found to be suffering from the following:
* 36 dogs with Giardia
* 21 dogs with Coccidia
* 55 dogs with roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and/or tapeworms
* 12 dogs with bacterial infections
* 11 dogs with fungal or yeast infections
* 2 dogs with demodectic mange
* 3 dogs with systemic bacterial infections
* 27 dogs with bite wounds
* 2 dogs with frostbite injuries
* 4 dogs with untreated torn cranial cruciate ligaments and severe patellar luxations
* 41 dogs with patellar luxation of grades 1-4
* 29 dogs with abscesses
* 2 dogs with hip dysplasia
* 2 dogs with malformed limbs or patellar fusion
* 1 dog with mammary cancer
* 1 puppy with a large burn
* 2 dogs with sarcoptic mange
* 60 dogs frightened of human beings and completely unsocialized.
More than 50 sick dogs were euthanized and 50 more are believed to have been sent to or sold at a dog ‘auction’ in Ohio following the inspection. In October of 2013, the owner of the kennel, Marjorie Ingraham, signed an agreement to release the remaining dogs into the care of Suncoast Keeshond Rescue, however, after signing the agreement to release the rest of her dogs and vowing to ‘retire’ from breeding, Ms. Ingraham has refused to turn over the remaining dogs to rescuers.
Dee Wingfield joins us to discuss the ongoing effort to close this puppy mill. Following this, Richard Casey joins us to discuss pet safety for your dog. Please join us and be part of the discussion. Please follow our web site
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (441 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (54 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (26 chatters)
- The Portal (25 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Witch School (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (5 chatters)
- SHRAonair (5 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (4 chatters)
- Ron March Show (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- constitutional freedom network (4 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (4 chatters)
- ENERGY READER Brenda (4 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (3 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (3 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- anointedsupernatural (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- American Network (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- All Things Matter (1 chatters)
- AllPurposeRoto (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- LibertyRules (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (0 chatters)