SORT BY Relevancy
Jay talks with public policy researcher Kathleen Geier, who writes about economics, labor, feminism, politics and culture. See Inequality Matters, The Baffler, The Nation, The Washington Monthly, Salon, The American Prospect. etc. More at: http://inequalitymattersblog.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html#sthash.9UqWAHEM.dpuf
Follow @Kathy_Gee @JayAckroyd
Florida Voter Alert!
Seek the Truth and Face the Truth. Then we can save Florida and America.
Vote No on Amendment 1 - Florida Land Grab
Stop Common Core Education - The Indoctrination of the next Generation of Americans.
Florida Notary Public - Demand Criminal Background Checks and full Accountablity.
Stop Expansion of the Orlando Orange County Expressway Authority.
Stop Excessive Taxation of Highway Infrastructure - Toll Taxes
Stop Public Private Partnerships - The Collusion of Government and the Private Sector.
Stop Transportation Corruption
Stop Quazi Governmental Public Boards - Non-Elected Individuals Writing Public Policy. This power must be reserved for elected Public Servants.
Thanks to Cynthia Maurer for recommending Dr. Leo Rebello to this program: http://www.healthwisdom.org
Host Sallie O. Elkordy's contact: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sallie-O-Elkordy-for-NYC-Public-Advocate/587347554614900 and blog: http://BillionToddlerMarchForSurvival.blogspot.com/
Join Brett & Jon Rappaport on The Final Say each Monday to Friday from 3 to 4 PM EST, as we discuss and analyze current news, politics, policy, issues, and world events.
Horace Cooper will be joining us to discuss the Supreme Court ruling on Michigan banning affirmative action.
Yemen, Ukraine, Sudan, and many national issues to be discused today.
1.How should we handle a traffic stop ?
2.How do we handle our tickets in Court ?
3.Can we sue over traffic tickets
4.How should you handle traffic tickets in the mail?
5.Is speeding against the law?
6.What is a valid cause of action?
7.What is illegal about a traffic stop?
8.Are Policemen officers of the law?
9.Doe's the United States of America have Citizens?
For the tools to cancel contracts http://www.newdebtelimination.com/
For info on us and what we do http://www.newdebtelimination.net/
Fernando Rosa ia an Agent/Partner at Insurance Network Agency with responsibility for growth and customer service . Fernando has been with Insurance Network since 2006 where he has managed the personal lines department consisting of a customer service representatives who focus on household insurance before moving into commercial lines in 2009. Fernando has been sucessfully procuring and placing insurance options for individuals and business. Recently he has developed what is being called; 'The Zambian Life Policy" which is being provided in all 50 states in the US.
Join us for this exclusive discussion with an experienced insurance agent to get valuable information for a rare and simplified life insurance product which suites your needs.
Ukraine, RUssia, China, the Middle East, Central America and more are presenting major issues that need addressed by President Obama.
As I started thinking about the issues that come with a froeign policy dealing with the above arenas, I began asking myself, "What is Obama's Foreign Policy?" I honestly don't know.
I went to the internet in search of the answer...I could not find an answer.
I contacted some "in the know" folks who I felt certain could explain the President's policy...nope.
Join me this morning at 7AM-8:AM EST "In the Pickle Barrel" and let's see if we can come up with the answer.
in Pop Culture
Comic writer Jeremy Whitley returns to Graphic Policy Radio to discuss his new series Illegal which is currently a part of a Kickstarter project.
Illegal is a near future science fiction story about about an America in which the rich live in a lush paradise in and on top of skyscrapers, while the poor literally live in their shadows below. All of the citizens are tracked and monitored by a microchip under their skin from the time they are born and anyone undocumented is sent to deportation camps where few actually survive long enough to be deported.
Our heroine, Gianna DelRey is an undocumented immigrant who fled with her mother from an abusive household when she was young. She's survived by scrubbing floors and allowing her rich employers to treat her like dirt. When one turns on her and she finds herself on the run, Gianna will discover that when everyone is constantly tracked, being able to movie invisibly is something that many will pay a high price for. Will she keep running or will she decide to take a stand?
Join us as we talk to Jeremy about this and more! You can take part by calling in with your thoughts, or Tweeting them to us @graphicpolicy.
in Pop Culture
It's Monday night which means a new episode of Graphic Policy Radio! This is the show that mixes comics, geekdom, and politics.
This week we mix some comic discussion with that of conventions. On this episode:
We chat about Marvel and Peter David's All-New X-Factor.
This past weekend was Otakon. The convention covers manga, anime, and cosplay and attracts over 100,000 individuals to Baltimore, MD, for the weekend. We talk about the convention and some of the interesting observations from it.
We're talking those two things and more! You can listen in live, but also join in the conversation by calling us, or Tweeting us your thoughts, @graphicpolicy.
Join host Flint Engleman of "The American Maverick Show" for great informed guests and news beyond the headlines.
Listener calls are welcome! Dial (434)964-1075 anytime during our live broadcast.
8:15pm EDT David Almasi - Executive Director of the National Center for Public Policy Research. We'll discuss his efforts to approach major corporations about their policies that cater to big governement.
8:35pm EDT Dave Schwartz - VA State Director for AFP. We'll talk about Americans for Prosperity's efforts to engage grassroots volunteers.
Also, we'll have the American Maverick's Chief News Correpondent, Vandon Gene, reporting on news beyond the headlines.
The American Maverick Show is a syndicated production of Maverick Media. A national affiliate of Red State Talk Radio Network.
You can't discuss the digital divide and access to broadband without also addressing the lack of access to media: TV, radio, print. FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler took a bold step and visited Oakland, CA to engage citizens directly in a conversation about media access. But what resulting action should communities on the wrong side of this digital divide expect?
Three of the public advocates who organized Oakland's town hall meeting (hosted by Voices for Internet Freedom) analyze Chairman Wheeler's comments as well as his recent policy statements to help listeners understand:
what actual impact can we expect Chairman Wheeler to have on the public advocacy issues these organizations care about;
why better broadband and greater media access go hand in hand;
how do we enable people on the margins of society to use these technologies and resources effectively once they do get access;
is it really possible for average citizens to compete with high-priced lobbyists and influence meaningful FCC public policy.
Center for Media Justice Ex. Director Malkia Cyril, Free Press Associate Policy Director Chancellar Williams and Free Press Sr. External Affairs Director Joseph Torres join us to offer their "in the trenches" experiences and insights. Each has spent many years in public advocacy.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (477 chatters)
- NTEB (77 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (55 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (41 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (27 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (24 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (23 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (22 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (18 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (17 chatters)
- Odwirafo (16 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (11 chatters)
- PAGO Radio (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (8 chatters)
- The View from Montana (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- NDB Media (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- in5d (6 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (5 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (5 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (5 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (4 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- drinkfive (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- Live From The Bay With Joey (4 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (4 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (3 chatters)
- Madden NFL 15 on PlayStation4 (3 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- Bellesprit (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (2 chatters)
- William Telltale (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- LCS (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Sports Rap Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)