SORT BY Relevancy
Join Prof. Kevin Boileau, host of EPIS-Radio, for continued comparative analysis between existential phenomenology and [structural] psychoanalysis on the question of authenticity. This will open up a further dialectic between these two approaches.
We will broadcast through the holidays!
EPIS Radio Show Team
Join us for exploration in trans-human anthropologies of the self, which can lead to a revitalized notion of our humanity and our place in the world.
Join us for continued discussion regarding the phenomenological and psychoanalytic approaches to the question of authenticity
Recent events in France highlight the importance of understanding the roots of the death drive in humans and civilizations. Freud called it the "Death Instinct." Wilhelm Reich released it in his "Oranur Experiment" and described it as "Deadly Orgone Energy." Occult philosophers and theologians know it as demonic energy or deadly psychic energy. We need to understand it, and prevent it. Humanity is faced with nothing less than a clash of civilizations of life and civilizations of death. Life on earth as we know it, now hangs in the balance. As old Dr. Freud put it in his seminal work "Cvilizations and its Discontents," which force will prevail: Eros or Thanatos? Join your host, Dr. Steven Katz, philosopher of law, psychoanalysis, theology, and the occult, to think about this emotional plague and ways to prevent it.
Join us for continued exploration of eco-phenomenology, human anthropology, and new conceptions of solidarity and responsibility.
Join us for imaginative explorations concerning trans-humanist anthropology.
Like many others I am horrified by the lastest activities of those justifying the mass murder of innocents in the name of Islamic Jihad. As a psychologist I feel compelled to try and explain such behaviors believing that only understanding can lead to preventing both the atrocities themselves and fear driven, irrational responses to the perpetrators. I will employ the medical metaphor of cancer to structure my own story to explain the current wave of violence across the middle east and now "metasticizing" into Europe, the United States and other parts of the world. The philosopher Daniel Dennett suggests that many ideas and other products of human imagination refered to as "memes" can be compared to their biological counterparts, the genes. Genes that add to human adaptibility tend to spread in the population while those that fail to add to human health and adaptive success die off and disappear. Similarly ideas and inventions (Psychoanalysis and cell phones for example) expand rapidly to the degree that people who come in contact with them find them helpful in their adaptive struggles in life. Genes can become damaged and create cancers that spread and if not contained can destroy the lives of those so suffering. So too can ideas, stories and other inventions lead to the destruction of lives, whole societies, and I believe to civilization and our species itself. Just as cancer can be found all over the planet and in every historical epoch so to can cancerous stories be found. The Crusades, Nazism, malignant Communism,and hundreds of other political, religious and nationalistic movements prove that Islamic Jihad is not unique and is not merely a product of the Muslim faith but is to be understood as innate to human social functioning as is cancer to our biological existence.
She overcame extreme mental illness related to childhood abuse and entered medical school while she was still in psychiatric treatment. A professional paper she wrote was arguably the basis for one of Freud's best known theories. And she was one of the earliest pioneers of child psychoanalysis but today, thanks to the film A Dangerous Method, she's known more for being the lover of Carl Jung. But there is so much more to Sabina Spielrein. She was also the first woman to write a psychoanalytic dissertation, and one of the first female psychoanalysts but her contributions were lost to history for many years. Join me as we explore the torrid and tragic life of Sabina Spielrein, one of the forgotten pioneers of psychoanalysis.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (409 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (45 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (43 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (26 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (12 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (11 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (10 chatters)
- RATNetwork (9 chatters)
- We Built That Network (9 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- MABIM (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- In Todays America (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Jesus My Rock (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Literary World Cafe Lounge (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- thejohnnywatsonshow (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Splashhhh (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Patriot Media Network (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- BrewCityBall Radio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)