SORT BY Relevancy
What does it mean to be Providence in our world? What does Providence challenge each of us to in our lives? Lori and Alice discuss Providence and the movement of God in their lives on this week's show. We hope you will carve out time to join us or listen as you can
Jumah: Imam R. Mateen Barros Providence RI is this weeks obligated congregational services of Muslims.
[62:10] O you who believe! when the call is made for Prayer on Friday, hasten to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off all business. That is better for you, if you only knew.
[62:11] And when the Prayer is finished, then disperse in the land and seek of Allah’s grace, and remember Allah much, that you may prosper.
[62:12] But when they see some merchandise or some amusement, they break for it, and leave you standing. Say, ‘That which is with Allah is better than amusement and merchandise, and Allah is the Best Provider.’
Felix Worthen Pastor Providence Missionary Baptist Church Seale (Lato) AL, 36875. Sermon Isaiah 38:1-5 "The Power of Prayer" Words For Life.
Sunday July 6, 2014 we were blessed to attend Sunday School and Church Morning Worship & Holy Communion service with him Brother in-law Rev. Willie Cunningham and his wife Trish at the Providence Baptist Church in Seale Lato, Alabama. Sunday School was really a great learning experience and Church Service with Providence Missionary Baptist Church family was awesome.
Join Lori and Alice today as they dip their toes into quotations that take us on a Buddhist pathway to fearlessness and compassion in our daily lives. Don't miss us this week!
It's such a simple parable: A young man demands his inheritance and leaves home for a life of debauchery. Later, realizing his folly, he returns, to the forgiving embrace of his father. Yet there is so much nuance in the parable of The Prodigal Son! Author Henri Nouwen plumbs the depth of this rich story in his book "The Return of the Prodigal Son: A Story of Homecoming." Join Lori and Alice as they explore the roles of the various actors in the story: Are you more like the younger son or the elder son? How have you become "lost" in your life? What is the way back home?
You will not want to miss Part One of this life-changing literary investigation from your favorite on-the-air spiritual book club!
Today's show is a bit of a quotation hodge podge from trio of recognizable, well-loved and widely read spiritual leaders! Lori and Alice hope you will join us for our discussion!
How far will a parent go to protect their child? What moral problems lie beneath such decisions? Andre Dubus' beautifully crafted short story "A Father's Story" will make you think about life in the most profound way! Join Lori and Alice as they discuss prayer, ritual, faith, parenthood, morality, money and God's love for us, while trying to detangle the complex spiritual questions raised by this tale. A must-listen for any parent!
What can we learn about ourselves and our faith from a white preacher and his wife and 4 girls after they move in 1959 from comfort and safety in the United States to the jungles of Congo in Africa to save souls? Lori and Alice look forward to discussing this wonderful novel today! We hope you will join us!
Interlaced in singer-songwriter Jesse Macht’s catchy melodies are an abundance of stories overflowing with passion, vulnerability, empathy and honesty. Much like legendary songwriters before him such as Tom Petty and Neil Young, and modern day influences like Dan Wilson and Jon Brion, Jesse has proven his aptitude for storytelling. His music has been placed in many television shows and networks, as well as commercials, including The Voice, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Giuliana and Bill, Nickelodeon, Cymbalta and the MTV/E! cable catalogue. He’s also had numerous original songs placed in independent films such as James Franco’s "Good Time Max."
Jesse has followed a path similar to his family of entertainers (his brother is actor Gabriel Macht, currently starring in USA’s "Suits," and father is veteran actor Stephen Macht). He has worked hard to make a musical home for himself (both as a solo artist and with his old band Burn Down the Mission) within L.A.’s well-known songwriter community with regular appearances at the Hotel Café, Room 5 and WitZend. Jesse Macht connects with his audience through reflective, conversational lyrics. While his words are dynamic and unapologetically truthful at times, he leaves room for his audience to contribute to the dialogue by using their own experiences. The new album, expected to come out in the fall of 2014, follows Jesse’s 2012 debut solo release Acts of Providence. With it, he hopes to continue to inspire his audience and encourage them to be vulnerable.
For more information, please visit his official website here: http://www.jessemachtmusic.com/ and follow him on Twitter at jessemachtmusic
Lori and Alice take a second look at a beloved book, "My Life with the Saints" by James Martin, to uncover such subjects as falling in love with God, finding God through failure and weakness, Jesus' hidden life, the Annunciation, disagreeing with organized religion, and using one's giftedness to bring about the kingdom of God. There is much to be learned from the lives of the saints! Tune in and get some food for thought from our on-the-air spiritual book club.
Oscar Leonard Carl Pistorius (/p?s't?ri?s/; born 22 November 1986) is a South African sprint runner. Although both of Pistorius' legs were amputated below the knee when he was 11 months old, he competes in events for single below-knee amputees and for able-bodied athletes. At the 2011 World Championships in Athletics, Pistorius became the first amputee to win an able-bodied world track medal. At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Pistorius became the first double leg amputee to participate in the Olympics when he entered the men's 400 metres and 4 × 400 metres relay races. At the 2012 Summer Paralympics, Pistorius won gold medals in the men's 400 metre race and in the 4 × 100 metres relay, setting world records in both events. He also took a silver in the 200 metres race, having set a world record in the semifinal.
In the early morning of Thursday, 14 February 2013, Pistorius' girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was shot and killed at Pistorius' Pretoria home.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (120 chatters)
- Yada (35 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- reactionariez (15 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (9 chatters)
- Straitway (9 chatters)
- Bellesprit (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (7 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (6 chatters)
- DHead Radio (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- Long Nail Divas Turnt Up (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- On the Job Complaining (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The FabLife Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- House of Hu Humanity United (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Mz Robinson Talks (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (1 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- SportsJAM Network (0 chatters)