SORT BY Relevancy
Brainmates Brainrants #6 - The Future of Product Management
Natalie Yan-Chatonsky interviews Roy McBurney, Nick Coster and Adrienne Tan.
Since returning from the Product Management Festival in Zurich, discussing what they agreed with and what they reacted to.
1. What will the profession look like in 20 years?
2. Where is the profession heading?
3. What does the future hold for product managers?
The Brainmates Team
To keep up with brainmates follow us on:
Greg Geracie, President of Actuation Consulting, will discuss the newly available ProdBOK, The Product Management Body of Knowledge!
For the last three years approximately sixty of the industry’s leading product professionals banded together and contributed to the development of the ProdBOK Guide. The goal? To distill a collaborative cornerstone that can be built upon to ensure that the product management profession better supports the needs of the product community at large.
Learn about managing products to success at Product Bootcamp San Francisco Oct 10-12! http://bit.ly/14ZagOP
Oct 10: workshops re: competitive space & Lean startup way. http://bit.ly/14SMcaC
Oct 11 Startup Product Summit SF2 lightning talks w/experts & practitioners.http://bit.ly/1bvsOFm
Oct 12 Product Camp San Francisco! true community unconference: You propose topics & present http://pcampsf.com
Global Product Management Talk Discussion On Challenges And Opportunities Faced By Women In Product Management At High Tech Companies With Kristy Kocher, Head of Product Management, Clearstreet, Inc.
Kristy Kocher is an experienced Product Manager who enjoys the challenges of developing quality software products. Kristy has over 25 years of experience in the software industry in Silicon Valley, working with companies such as Electronic Arts, NetSchools, Oracle, Adecco, Informix and IntelliCorp.
"During my 30+ year career in the software industry, I have seen the roles of women in product management evolve, change and grow significantly. I look forward to discussing some of the main challenges women face when working in product management, particularly at high tech startups, as well as the many benefits of pursuing a career in this field on the Global Product Management Talk," says Kristy.
Background resources: http://bit.ly/1igYodp
Brainrants from Brainmates Inaugural Show with Adrienne Tan, Nick Coster and Natalie Yan-Chatonsky "New and Old Product Management", language was raised at the 2013 Product Management Festival in Zurich. 1. Is there such a thing as Old and New Product Management? 2. Why is this language emerging? 3. What does it mean for the Product profession? 4. What benefits does it drive? 5. What are the issues when we use this language? http://www.brainmates.com @brainmates music "Hurricane" intro courtesy of @BlameSally
The Study of Product Team Performance identifies the key factors that differentiate high performing product teams from their less successful counterparts. Actuation Consulting conducted the third annual global study of product teams with the goal of continuously improving our understanding of why some product teams excel while others struggle.
“We also sought to expand our knowledge of the factors that drive or influence the best outcomes,” states Greg Geracie, President of Actuation Consulting, that has conducted the study of Product Team Performance for the past 3 years.
Greg will discuss the findings, including the use of industry best practices, return on investment (ROI) and its application, the product team’s relationship with the Sales and Marketing organizations and how well the product team understands and aligns its efforts to the sales cycle.
Download the Findings on The Study of Product Team Performance 2014 http://bit.ly/1lHUmkh
Announcing The Product Summit San Francisco November 20-23, 2014; 4 days of immersion into product excellence with one track lightning talks by experts, visionaries and product management practitioners, Workshops, No Code Prototype Hackathon, and ProductCamp unconference. Early bird registration open: productsummit.org
Anas Bahsas is Head of product management Toyota - Telematics in Saudi Arabia at Abdul Latif Jameel Company. He has more than 10 years of experience in Software management for enterprise , has been head of project management office and led large software implementation projects in his company.
Anas traveled from Saudi Arabia to attend Product Bootcamp SF, Startup Product Summit SF2 and ProductCampSF October 10-12, 2013
Carrie Nauyalis, NPD Solution Evangelist at Planview, discusses the upcoming PIPELINE The Virtual Conference and Hub for Innovative Product Development opening June 6. REGISTER http://bit.ly/1pdckLk
The PIPELINE Virtual Conference and Hub is an online event platform and resource center bringing you:
Actionable strategies that you can apply immediately
Best practices to speed time to market, strengthen brand positioning, and stay ahead of the competition
The ability to connect with peers to share insights and lessons learned
Access to the year-round Product Development & Innovation resource center
About Carrie Nauyalis, NPD Solution Evangelist at Planview
Carrie Nauyalis, NPD Solution Evangelist at Planview, is passionate about establishing customer partnerships, developing market positioning, defining field enablement strategies, providing market-based feedback into Planview product development, and being an overall evangelist and thought leader for the Product Development market. She is an active speaker, MBA guest lecturer, blogger, and vlogger on all things Product Portfolio Management, with warm places in her heart for the topics of innovation, Stage-Gate, and Agile.
brought to you this week by:
Startup Product Academy - Product Management Fundamentals 101: 4 week Summer Intensive, Oakland, CA: http://bit.ly/1px3N3r Choose from 2 sessions: June or July (Tues/Thursdays) Also offered at Tech Liminal, Product Therapy Tuesdays http://bit.ly/1nuwmBy
Webcast Digest: Daily, curated educational free online events for your continuous learning. @webcastdigest http://bit.ly/1arEtJg
Steve Johnson, CMO, Primary Intelligence, Leads Google Hangouts Discussion On Titles, Responsibilities And Tools Of Product Managers with Cindy F. Solomon and Pete Dudchenko, Matt Perez, Alan Pinstein, Greg Gehrich, Nick Coster, Adrienne Tan, and Richard Nutinsky
Background Resources: http://bit.ly/wbRq48
Jim Semick is co-founder of ProductPlan, Web-based software for developing and communicating your strategic product roadmap. Jim speaks frequently about market validation and the new product development process. He was part of the founding team at AppFolio, a business SaaS company that has raised over $30M in venture funding. Jim previously led market validation and wrote the first product requirements for well-known software products including Citrix GoToMyPC and GoToMeeting.
Robert Kelly, PMP Managing Partner, Kelly Project Solutions says, "There tends to be a lot of debate on the roles & responsibilities of the Project Manager vs. the Product Manager. In this twitter talk, we would like to gain a better understanding of how these roles can more effectively work together to bring to market high quality products.
"I am honored to join the Global Product Management Community on this upcoming twitter chat! This is a tremendous opportunity for thought leaders in the space to come together and really bounce ideas off of one another, gain insight, and grow their own understanding on a number of topics in product management. I am very excited and looking forward to it." Follow @rkelly976 and @kellysolutions
Episode 1: Product Superheroes with Bob Schoenthal. Bob talks with product development, design and management superheroes in the San Francisco/Silicon Valley area.
Case Sandberg started off his development and design career by turning frequent freelancing into a full time web agency. When he moved to the Bay Area he started working for one of his longest running clients and eventually the company was acquired by Shutterfly. He is currently still with Shutterfly working as a front end engineer, as well as frequently hosting hack-a-thons and working on an innovative startup idea. @casesandberg
Host, Bob Schoenthal is an experienced product manager, tech and passionate product enthusiast. His focus is on mid-sized companies in the Hawaii real estate sector and Bay Area B2B and B2C startups and early stage companies. He's an avid tech conference and winning hackathon participant. Bob organizes Startup Product Talks Silicon Valley and is heading up the Product Camp San Francisco team. @mightybobarian
Get a free audio book when you sign up for a 30-day free trial at audiblepodcast.com/prodmgmttalk
AIPMM Webinar Series: http://aipmm.com/aipmm_webinars
Daily, curated educational free online events for your continuous learning. @webcastdigest http://bit.ly/1arEtJg
Startup Product movement for product excellence. Career board: http://jobs.startupproduct.com
Mastering Product Positioning Online Course 50% discount http://bit.ly/1hF18Fe
Brainrants from Brainmates Episode 8
Brainmates will discuss how to develop a Product Roadmap.
Hosted by Natalie Yan-Chatonsky chatting with Nick Coster.
What is a Product Roadmap?
What is the purpose of a Product Roadmap?
Are there different types of Roadmaps? How are they different?
Who normally is involved with developing a Product Roadmap?
How do you develop a Product Roadmap?
What are the challenges that Product Managers face when they are developing their Product Roadmap?
Who should you communicate your Roadmap to?
Do you have any tips of how to communicate the Product Roadmap?
[Music supplied by Opuzz Music Library]
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (165 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (24 chatters)
- John Baptist (22 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (18 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (9 chatters)
- KAS1 (8 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (6 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (5 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (4 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (3 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (3 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (3 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (3 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (3 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (3 chatters)
- The Vent Man (3 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (3 chatters)
- WWCR RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- RAINBOW VISION (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (1 chatters)
- Lez Talk Books Radio (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Lisa Williams Medium (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Nathan Karn Show (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- Radio PRS (0 chatters)
- FSF Radio (0 chatters)
- Black Bag (0 chatters)