SORT BY Relevancy
Make sure, if you like to talk about some other interesting Topics you like to discuss On-Air or Get my Prospective. Feel Free to send me an email or leave a comment on The CP Show Page. So, check my page to see other upcoming shows or click on the Follow button.
(Today's Topic(s) On The CP Show)
It seems like in parts of Today's Society, there is still this Mysterious and Illusivve Part of Presenting History that is still rarely taught or disscussed or not even known to a percentage of people.
There are some people who know what the title is about...There are some who know, just a piece of whats its about...There are some who never have heard of "Juneteeth"
At the same time, there are a percentage of personnel who perhaps have not been presented with the other than just "Is was about this" and that's all. That does not tell the other parts of Juneteeth and the Reality of the "Emancipation Proclamation"
Thiis is a Show that definiately will give some Good Knowledge to the Topic of "Juneteeth and The Emancipation Proclamation"
Dr. Kevin McGruder visits The Wealthy Speaker Show to share insight on his book, Emancipation Proclamation: Forever Free. Paul Lawrence Vann hosts this episode to assist listeners to commemorate 150 years after Emancipation Proclamation: Are we really free?
Dr. McGruder is attending the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) 43rd Annual Conference, as part of the Author's Pavilion to meet and greet attendees while conducting book signings.
Emancipation Proclamation: Forever Free provide readers with a behind the scenes look at the people who fought against slavery before the Constitution, Civil War and covers the 13th Amendment which abolished slavery. The book also covers the reelection of President Barack Obama and the irony of President Obama being reelected 150 years after Emancipaiton Proclamation.
Dr. McGruder co-authored Emancipation Proclamation with Ms. Velma Maia Thomas. Dr. McGruder, PhD, holds a BA in Economics from Harvard University, an MBA from COlumbia Business School and a doctorate from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.
During the 2011 to 2012 academic year Dr. McGruder was a Scholar Residence at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture. McGruder is currently Assistant Professor of History at Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
Tune in, Listen in and call in with questions at (877) 404-1615 and or join us in the web chat room: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/paullawrencevann
"...for the object of practically restoring the constitutional relation between the United States, and each of the States, and the people thereof, in which States that relation is, or may be, suspended or disturbed..." was the EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION issued. Last week was the part 3 of the 3 part discussion on the events surrounding the CONSPIRACY of the Union and Confederacy all leading up to the initial Emancipation Proclamation of Abraham Lincoln. Join us tonight for a continuation of the discussion about Lincoln's Proclamation(s). Its the Proclamation part 2. A sequel to the 3 part series.
Deardra Shuler talks to Rev. Dennis Dillion about Freedom 2013: Emancipation Proclamation 150th Celebration. The Emancipation Proclamation called for the abolishment of slavery and was by far one of the most defining moments in American history. Signed into order September 22, 1862, by President Abraham Lincoln the document freed African and mixed race slaves. It also provided liberties for them to defend themselves and join the military. History has shown freedom came at a high price. 150 years later, African Americans still contend with racial profiling, unbalanced scales of wealth, escalating foreclosures that cripple communities while ushering in gentrification. A new paradigm is needed to tip the scales towards equality and inclusion.
In honor of the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, the Freedom 2013 Conference will celebrate the historic moment with an all-day symposium, rally and gospel concert featuring Tamela Mann.
The event is spearheaded by Rev. Dennis Dillon, publisher of the New York Christian Times. A visionary and chief researcher behind the ground breaking New York Economic State of Black New York, in partnership with Dr. Johnny Ray Youngblood, national civic leader, chief architect of The Maafa and pastor of Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church, as well as over 100 convening clergy, takes place Wednesday, June 19, at The Riverside Baptist Church, 490 Riverside Drive, in Harlem.
Freedom 2013 will commemorate this historical moment with a time-lined exhibition tracing the journey from Africa through slavery leading up to the emancipation and from the emancipation to present. There will also be an Emancipation Awards Luncheon honoring those unsung heroes, shereos (some posthumously), and institutions that have played a significant role towards the passage of the signing of the emancipation.
January 1, 2013 marks the 150 year anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation that end the institution of slavery in America. The freedom bell rung with a loud sound that pentrated the ears of millions of enslaved Africans and African American people, whom were emancipated from the tight grips of slavery throughout the rebellious states. My maternal great, great grandfather Robert Harrell waited all his life to hear the freedom bell ring. He and his family was now free. His son Alexander Harrell was born in 1859 and at the young age of four years old he was now set free.
Jasper Harrell, Sr., my grandfather was the youngest son of Alexander Harrell. I often wonder if my great grandfather Alexander talked to his children about slavery and what his father Robert told him, if anything at all.
Where was your enslaved ancestors when the freedom bell rung? Did your grandparents ever talk to you about the stories that were passed down to them? What did they tell you? What happen to your family upon receiving their freedom?
Please join host Antoinette Harrell and Dr. Okpara Nosakhere for this upcoming discussion.
Tonight is Part 3 of 3. Come Let us talk about the Emancipation Proclamation and the infamous Sovereignty: are we there yet? Join us tonight as we will discuss the third installment of the events surrounding the Great Conspiracy that led to Abraham Lincoln’s Proclamation. There were members in both the Union and the Confederacy that were tools in a deceitful attempt to overthrow one of the greatest documents of history: the U.S. Constitution. So what makes it so great? Equality… right?
Join The Gist of Freedom as Preston Washington welcomes Historian Dr. Bradley Skelcher for a lively discussion about The 150th Anniversary of The Emancipation Proclamation, African American's New Year's "Watch Night" Celebration!
John Henrik Clark~ "History Is A Compass That People Use To Find Themselves On The Human (Spiritual) geography."
Black Methodists and Baptists celebrate Watch Night, December 31, 1862: the Emancipation Proclamation would go into effect at midnight. The basis for the celebration in African American churches today. The Emancipation Proclamation applied only to enslaved Africans of the Confederate States. The prayer meeting congregation depicted in Carlton’s painting consists of former enslaved Africans that migrated to Union territory during the Civil War. Carlton’s painting is variously called “Watch Night — Waiting for the Hour” or ” Watch Meeting–Dec. 31st, 1862.” It was sent to President Lincoln by abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison The painting in 1864 circulated widely as an engraving (below). It now hangs in what is called the Lincoln Bedroom, really that president’s study and Cabinet Room, over the desk upon which he signed the Emancipation Proclamation on the afternoon of New Year’s
In this teaching, John talks about Jesus Announcing An Emancipation Proclamation of FREEDOM! It's time to walk in the freedom that Jesus announced.
A good common sense understanding of the function and aims of the Moorish Science Temle of America is necessary to help people better comprehend what it means to be a good Moslem and to be a knowledgeable citizen. Today we will discuss the Compensated Emancipatioin of Abraham Lincoln to give more insight on why it is important to properly understand the psychology of Moorish Science.
Join The Gist of Freedom as we broadcast Live From Long Island University at The 150th Emancipation Proclamation Celebration with historian Harold Holzer! Watch The Video
In 1861, Congress passed an act stating that all enslaved people employed against the Union were to be considered free. In 1862, Congress passed The Second Confiscation Act. This law stated that property used by the Confederates to further their rebellion could be seized by the U.S. government. African Americans who had been once considered by the Confederates as their property, were therefore now considered by abolitionists as "contraband of war". And as such this war law, The Confiscation Act could be used to legally take the enslaved from Slavers. In an effort to placate the slave-holding Border States, Lincoln resisted the demands of the abolitionists, Black and White, for complete abolition. In addition to the Confiscation Act, President Lincoln signed a bill, passed by Congress, which prohibited the army and navy from returning fugitive slaves to slave holder claimants. Any officer violating the law would be discharged from service, and would be forever ineligible to any appointment in the military or naval service of the United States. This ended the shameful practice by northern generals of returning Africans to slavery for a fugitive slave reward, and it also stimulated the flight
Let's talk names, let's talk dates, and let's talk issues. A three part series about the events, circumstances, and people surrounding and apart of the Conspiracy that led to the Proclamation of the Great Abraham Lincoln. How many of us know about the full correspondence made between the President, Chairman of the Executive Mansion, and The Politically Influential Horace Greeley. Tonight we talk about what it means to have been and be conspired on and against. Truth is stranger then fiction and is often hid openly in books which the so called Negro, for some strange reason, refuse to read.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (89 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (42 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (22 chatters)
- in5d (20 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (16 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (15 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (15 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (14 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (11 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (10 chatters)
- Omega Man (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (7 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- The Captain0 (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (5 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (5 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- churchfolk (4 chatters)
- The Portal (4 chatters)
- SportsBuzzRadio (4 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (3 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Speak your mind7 (2 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Raw Sex (2 chatters)
- reactionariez (2 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Quagmire America (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (0 chatters)