SORT BY Relevancy
A lot of folks have been talking about the Triple Crown this past week, and some think that it should be dumbed down to accommodate...to accommodate the "younger generation" who were born after 1978.
Ummm...is the sport going to change everything, to meet the needs of people who aren't necessarily becoming fans? Tonight I'll discuss the logical place to begin the journey toward horse racing fandom. How to turn casual observers and potential fans into lifelong fanatics. Hint: it rhymes with, "source."
Live from Beautiful Belmont Park--it's f!lly Racing Radio.
Monday, June 2--just five days before the 2014 Belmont Stakes--we'll webcast from the gorgeous, ivy-ccovered halls of Belmont Park.
Will California Chrome win the Belmont Stakes, thence--the Triple Crown? If not him--who *will* take home the magnificent Belmont Stakes Trophy?
Tune in on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 New York Time, and let's get wired together.
Facebook drives me nuts: it's the moist, hot petri dish in which grows all sorts of hysteria. I've never witnessed so many weeping, whining, hysterical people as on FB--have you? How much does social media feed a story, and make it bigger than it should be?
Case in point: All the hysterical people on Facebook now can concentrate on bigger issues than whether a horse wears a nasal strip on June 7th. I suspect that the Chromies--as I'm designating those who are rabid to see a Triple Crown achieved, OR who believe that California Chrome is destined to do it--somehow EXPECT that, since he's got the chance, he WILL win.
But it's called a "horse race," folks. No sure things here. Can he do the distance? On Big Sandy? Might those other horses have some talent, as well? We'll talk about a lot tonight, so I hope you tune into f!llly Racing Radio. :)
In July of 2013, NYRA (the New York Racing Association) sponsored f!lly Racing Radio--and thereby, made herstory. Women love horses--and horse racing. NYRA, in its wisdom, acknowledge this natural connection and sponsored f!lly Racing Radio. The first incarnation of f!lly Racing Radio took place during the Saratoga race meet in 2013--but it seemed a shame that the show didn't continue after Saratoga Race Course closed for the season.
Of course, we hope that NYRA will renew this relationship in 2014, but in the meantime--we're continuing the show here on Blog Talk Radio. Tune in every Monday from 2 - 2:30PM Eastern Time, USA--or check out the podcast archives every week. We'll talk about women and horse racing--fans, professionals, hopefuls. We'll discuss f!llies, mares and pensioned mares. We'll raise a ruckus--storm the fortress of the Old Boys' Club and, hopefully, help females find their (our) rightful place in this beautiful, frustrating, magnificent sport.
Do we anthropomorphize our horses? That is, do we treat horses as if they're humans, embued with human emotions?
The only thing I can think of that's wrong with that is that...who says that being "human" is a good thing? Maybe we should flip that script: maybe humans should learn how to conduct Life from horses.
And maybe that script-flipping would lead to a better racing industry...
Tune in tonight to f!lly Racing Radio, and hear my thoughts. I may be spot-on. I may be insane. Either way, I WILL be entertaining.
What's new in horse racing? Who's making news? Will a horse who's not from Kentucky cross the finish line first at the Kentucky Derby this year? So many things to discuss--how can we get it all in in just 30 mintes? Tune in this evening, and see if fueling my brain with coffee will help get it all in...
Marketing, marketing and marketing. Thats what it takes to succeed in any business including the racing business. We are going to begin sharing some helpful ideas for your consideration.
Kyle Wyman- Following a very successful weekend at the World Center of Racing, Kyle joins us to talk about the business end of racing at the professional level. We discuss many aspects of what it takes to communicate with fans, sponsors and potential teams a rider may someday be interesting in riding for.
What a weekend!
Chrome got hurt.
Coburn spewed stupidity.
Coburn refused to apologize.
And the beat goes on...
Tune in tonight--June 9, 2014--or check out the archives after the show. You KNOW that I have something to say in my own adorable, snarky way, about the the events of this past week.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (53 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (48 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (30 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (25 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (24 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (17 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (14 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- drkate (11 chatters)
- in5d (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- Body of Christ (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (9 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (7 chatters)
- the klicious show (7 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (5 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- Raw Sex (4 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (3 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Disasterpiece Theater (3 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- TSBRadio (3 chatters)
- URBAN CONTROVERSY RADIO SHOW (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (2 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Forecast Radio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)