SORT BY Relevancy
A lot of folks have been talking about the Triple Crown this past week, and some think that it should be dumbed down to accommodate...to accommodate the "younger generation" who were born after 1978.
Ummm...is the sport going to change everything, to meet the needs of people who aren't necessarily becoming fans? Tonight I'll discuss the logical place to begin the journey toward horse racing fandom. How to turn casual observers and potential fans into lifelong fanatics. Hint: it rhymes with, "source."
Live from Beautiful Belmont Park--it's f!lly Racing Radio.
Monday, June 2--just five days before the 2014 Belmont Stakes--we'll webcast from the gorgeous, ivy-ccovered halls of Belmont Park.
Will California Chrome win the Belmont Stakes, thence--the Triple Crown? If not him--who *will* take home the magnificent Belmont Stakes Trophy?
Tune in on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 New York Time, and let's get wired together.
Facebook drives me nuts: it's the moist, hot petri dish in which grows all sorts of hysteria. I've never witnessed so many weeping, whining, hysterical people as on FB--have you? How much does social media feed a story, and make it bigger than it should be?
Case in point: All the hysterical people on Facebook now can concentrate on bigger issues than whether a horse wears a nasal strip on June 7th. I suspect that the Chromies--as I'm designating those who are rabid to see a Triple Crown achieved, OR who believe that California Chrome is destined to do it--somehow EXPECT that, since he's got the chance, he WILL win.
But it's called a "horse race," folks. No sure things here. Can he do the distance? On Big Sandy? Might those other horses have some talent, as well? We'll talk about a lot tonight, so I hope you tune into f!llly Racing Radio. :)
In July of 2013, NYRA (the New York Racing Association) sponsored f!lly Racing Radio--and thereby, made herstory. Women love horses--and horse racing. NYRA, in its wisdom, acknowledge this natural connection and sponsored f!lly Racing Radio. The first incarnation of f!lly Racing Radio took place during the Saratoga race meet in 2013--but it seemed a shame that the show didn't continue after Saratoga Race Course closed for the season.
Of course, we hope that NYRA will renew this relationship in 2014, but in the meantime--we're continuing the show here on Blog Talk Radio. Tune in every Monday from 2 - 2:30PM Eastern Time, USA--or check out the podcast archives every week. We'll talk about women and horse racing--fans, professionals, hopefuls. We'll discuss f!llies, mares and pensioned mares. We'll raise a ruckus--storm the fortress of the Old Boys' Club and, hopefully, help females find their (our) rightful place in this beautiful, frustrating, magnificent sport.
Do we anthropomorphize our horses? That is, do we treat horses as if they're humans, embued with human emotions?
The only thing I can think of that's wrong with that is that...who says that being "human" is a good thing? Maybe we should flip that script: maybe humans should learn how to conduct Life from horses.
And maybe that script-flipping would lead to a better racing industry...
Tune in tonight to f!lly Racing Radio, and hear my thoughts. I may be spot-on. I may be insane. Either way, I WILL be entertaining.
What's new in horse racing? Who's making news? Will a horse who's not from Kentucky cross the finish line first at the Kentucky Derby this year? So many things to discuss--how can we get it all in in just 30 mintes? Tune in this evening, and see if fueling my brain with coffee will help get it all in...
TwinSpires' Derek Simon recaps the Travers Stakes and the Pacific Classic and discusses the role of a jockey in the “I Need to Know” segment.
In a special “Racing History” segment, all-time greats Round Table, Ribot, John Henry, Sea Bird II, Phar Lap and others face each other in a mythical running of the Breeders’ Cup Turf presented by Brisnet.com and called by track announcer/TV personality Mike Battaglia.
Marketing, marketing and marketing. Thats what it takes to succeed in any business including the racing business. We are going to begin sharing some helpful ideas for your consideration.
Kyle Wyman- Following a very successful weekend at the World Center of Racing, Kyle joins us to talk about the business end of racing at the professional level. We discuss many aspects of what it takes to communicate with fans, sponsors and potential teams a rider may someday be interesting in riding for.
Vendetta Pro Radio 2014 is back tonight, giving the Vendettaverse a recap of last weekend's Summer Time Bruise, out in Simi Valley, CA! Tonight we go over all the matches and moments from the show, and try to cram it into 30 mins. Join host Jimmy Ray as we revisit last weekend over the airwaves. Like always, you never know who might call in?
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (28 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (19 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (6 chatters)
- BeverlyD (6 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- The Sanctuary (2 chatters)
- The Christian View (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (2 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (2 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- imamalfred (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (0 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (0 chatters)