SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. J. E. Carthron, host of Better Public Schools for America will be discussing "Working to Change Public Schools", with his special guest and they will speak on the following points:
How to increase the teachers expectation for your child.
How to help your child have their best year ever in school.
We will also be taking call in questions and comments from across the county.
Has public education become big business at the expense of our children? Dyett High School in Chicago is just one of many public schools in danger of closing and being reopened as a privately owned institution. Some say that's good - the more private institutions we have, the more control we have over our children's education. But private schools, unless heavily financed by large corporations, tend to fail because schools rely on families to meet budget requirements through tuition. When tuition costs rise, families leave the school and this creates a greater financial burdon on the remaining families. The downward spiral effect leads to good private schools closing. In areas where coporations have taken over the schools and made them private, many local children are excluded from attending. Jitu Brown, National Director for the Journey For Justice Alliance, is working with the Kenwood Oakland Community Organization (KOCO) to insure that Dyett remains a viable public school, and is not closed and reopened as a private, corporately owned school that excludes neighborhood students.
I WAS AT A CHURCH MEETING MONDAY NIGHT AND WE DISCUSSED A REQUEST FROM AN ORGANIZATION FOR MONEY FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES IN AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS. AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF: WHERE DOES ALL THE TAX MONEY GO TO SUPPORT THEM? I MEAN, REALLY, MY PROPERTY TAXES GO UP FOR SCHOOLS EVERY YEAR AND MORE AND MORE KIDS ARE BEING PULLED OUT OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS EVERY YEAR, SO WHAT IS GOING ON?
NOW LET MY MAKE THIS CLEAR. I AM A PRODUCT OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND I KNOW THAT A FREE SOCIETY NEEDS THEM TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL KIDS GET AN EDUCATION, BUT WHY ARE THEY FAILING YET COSTING MORE AND MORE? AND I KNOW THAT IT'S NOT THE TEACHERS. OH, SURE, THERE ARE A FEW BAD APPLIES IN ANY PROFESSION, BUT BY AND LARGE THEY WORK HARD, SPEND MONEY OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKETS TO HELP NEEDY STUDENTS, AND PICK UP MORE AND MORE EXTRA DUTIES WHILE THE ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF GROWS AND GROWS EACH YEAR.
WE'LL DISCUSS THIS AT 9 TUESDAY NIGHT. I'LL GIVE YOU MY TWO CENTS WORTH AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL GET US ALL THINKING ABOUT WHAT IS SO DREADFULLY WRONG TODAY. THIS WILL PROBABLY BE A GOOD LEAD IN TO THURSDAY NIGHT'S COMMON CORE DISCUSSION. SEE YOU THEN.
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* Karen England fights co-ed bathrooms in public schools
* Ballot initiative held up in courts. Will parents get to vote?
Today's Show: Whay are Black students leaving school before graduating?
in The Bible
Dr. J.E. Carthron will be discussing some proven ideas/princples to guiding your children to a successful career...
NSBA: STAND UP FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS
NSBA President Elect John Tuttle with current President Ann Byrne on school choice, charter schools, and the "Stand Up " program
Presented by KnowledgeWorks
www.Knowledgeworks.org @knowledgeworks @worldoflearning
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (86 chatters)
- Yada (47 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (41 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (31 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (26 chatters)
- in5d (20 chatters)
- John Baptist (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (12 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (10 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (9 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- Straitway (5 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- Authentic You Radio (4 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (4 chatters)
- WDKK Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Show (3 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- AFRICAN AMERICAN TALK RADIO (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Poetic Designs Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (1 chatters)