SORT BY Relevancy
PRETTY IS AS PRETTY GETS: DO ATTRACTIVE WOMEN GET BETTER GRADES?
I was a good student, I was good at soccer, I was vice president of the student council, I was a pretty girl.
Lilly doesn’t mention her grades, but if her experience is typical of that found in a recent study, she probably got higher marks than her less attractive female friends. Yep – pretty girls get better grades, according to an economics professor’s study of more than 5,000 college women. And it didn’t make a difference whether the grader was male or female.
So what does this mean? Not only does this have implications from an academic point of view, but also from a social point of view. Does it diminish the all A’s the class knock out got? Does it make a difference to the less attractive woman who is working hard for those A’s? Or does it really change anything now that we know it happens?
Rey Hernandez-Julian is an associate professor of economics at the Metropolitan State University of Denver, and he likes to use his economics lens to examine education. His previous research has included looks at how athletic achievement and course scheduling affect student performance in college, and he’s studied the relationship between school choice and outcomes outside of school. His PhD in applied Economics is from Clemson University.
Join us as we look at appearance and grades for women.
Call in to share your opinions and questions at (646) 378-0430.
Live at 11 am Pacific time, or go to the website and listen to all our archived programs whenever you like at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/3women3ways
Straight talk on getting your 2016 objectives back on track.
Abiola Abrams is an award-winning advice columnist, transformational speaker, and certified life coach. As the Midwife for Your Inspired Life, she helps you tap into your purpose and give birth to your calling. Her specialty is inspiring Big Vision Women with soul care and sacred strategy to: look fear in the face, stop playing small, and step into greatness. Abiola’s Hear Me Roar Process is a 9-step mind-body-spirit approach to manifesting personal power for her “spiritpreneurs.”
Abiola is the author of “The Sacred Bombshell Handbook of Self-Love” and the upcoming “Sacred Bombshell Business Bible.” The Essence advice columnist also gives advice on sites like Match.com and can been seen spreading her gospel of divine feminine power on TV networks from the Discovery Channel and MTV to the BBC.
As a women’s lifestyle journalist, Abiola hosted shows for networks like BET and is currently the creator of inspirational products such as her Self-Love Meditations Album and African Goddess Affirmation Cards. Her online empowerment programs help women to answer and rock their callings, by turning self-love to self-launch. Abiola Abrams has a Bachelor’s Degree from Sarah Lawrence where she studied in sociology and writing, a Master’s Degree from Vermont College, and a coaching certification from American University of NLP. She is the founder of the women’s empowerment blog and web series AbiolaTV.com and the podcast Spiritpreneur School.
in Rock Music
Tonight Pop Art Painter Jamie Roxx (www.JamieRoxx.us) welcomes Sophia Radisch (Rock / Alt Rock)
Sophia's music can also be purchased @ Star One Entertainment Group
Sophia Radisch is a 17 year old singer/songwriter/musician and actress from Ottawa, ON Canada. Sophia is a member of SOCAN (The Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) SAC (Songwriters Association of Canada) & CARAS (The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences).
Currently, Sophia Radisch produced her second album BEAUTIFUL SIN with Glen Drover, formerly of Megadeth. Glen is also the Guest Guitarist on this album. As well, Shawn Drover is Guest Drummer on BEAUTIFUL SIN.
Curvy Chicks Rock Interview with HOSTS Whitney & Bianca
Join Professor Bougie Girl for the Introduction to the 5 part class entitled:
"Life Is What You Make It-5 Steps That You Can Take Right Now to Change Your Life"
Read the blog here:
Karen Jacobsen, author of "The GPS Girl" is joining us to discuss her book, and so much more.
In her book, Karen Jacobsen gives directions for life in The GPS Girl's Road Map for Your Future. If you have not heard about Karen Jacobsen yet, this is your big opportunity to enjoy her gift.
in Rock Music
Tonight Pop Art Painter Jamie Roxx (www.JamieRoxx.us) welcomes the Family Rock Band STEREO LOVE to the Show!
STEREO LOVE is a family rock band, consisting of dad Judd Steele (drums/dad/bodyguard) and his two teenage daughters, Jewel Steele, (17/guitar/lead vocals) and Lula Steele, (18/bass/back-up vocals) who simply love to kick ass. STEREO LOVE gives a fun and unforgettable live stage performance, which leaves first timers with their jaws dropped and mouths wide open, and all the "Lovers" coming back for more!
STEREO LOVE’s music includes both unique remakes and memorable original songs. In 2013, STEREO LOVE won 'Hollywood Rocks' at the Las Vegas Rocks Music Awards and was nominated in 2014. The band has played 200+ live shows in the California/Las Vegas areas since 2011and has been described as "unique, unexpected, amazing, and refreshing. STEREO LOVE's motto is "good things will come to those, if you work like hell while waiting."
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Taking over the world one Shirt at a Time
Tonight On Rz’s Rock And Talk:
It’s Rock, It’s The Blues, It’s Whatever Is Catching My Attention At Any Given Moment.
Mostly Though, It’s About What You Have To Say.
You Call In And Talk About What You Are Interested In.
Otherwise, I’ll Just Play Some Tunes, And We Can Kick Back And Get Some Peace.
Alternate Feed Here:
Exercise caution in your daily affairs.
Eyes up at all times.
Make ready for what is to come.
Churchill said: "Never give in–never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (47 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (27 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (13 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (9 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (8 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- BeverlyD (7 chatters)
- John Baptist (6 chatters)
- Voices of Global Freedom (6 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (4 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (3 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (3 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (3 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (3 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- The Monique Chapman Show (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- superdaveshow (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- The Rapture rape abuse torture (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (1 chatters)
- EWOL MINISTRY COMMUNICATIONS (1 chatters)
- 67761 (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (1 chatters)
- CynCity Radio (1 chatters)
- Life and Times2 (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- Mystique Productions (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (0 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (0 chatters)