SORT BY Relevancy
Preschool graduation is the often the first graduation of many for a child. It often marks the end of their first educational experience. It is important that the ceremony is well planned in order for it to be a success. This blog will go through the steps of how to plan a meaningful graduation.
We will have Llana back for this episode and we be discussing qualities of a great early childhood program, from choosing a school, to dealing with problems with teachers, and being in the director's office. It will get messy and it will get real! How to find and foster the best relationship with the school, teachers to better help your child grow while in a school setting. We also discussed preschool philosophies and questions to ask while interviewing preschools. Links on our facebook page or some great information is on PBS.org
Let's get real and down to business, up in your business, lets face it we all work hard raising our kids!
Are you a first time parent with a tiny little tot that is ready to start preschool? Do you know what to look for in a school? It is a huge decision since you are trusting your little person to another person's care. Plus, their preschool learning will affect how prepared they are for Kindergarten. Listen in as a child specialist walks us through the process of choosing the right preschool for your little one.
The Montessori experience at an early age prepares children at a later age to be able to isolate, classify, discriminate, analyze, and use critical thinking skills. It is the basis for creative learning and intellectual curiosity.” ~ Dr. Maria Montessori
When children come to Montessori Academy of Chapel Hill Preschool they enter a Children’s House. In the Children’s House, children as young as three and as old as six, learn side-by-side. Younger children observe higher lessons and get excited about the next level. Older students self-confidently guide younger peers. By grouping in this way, Teachers are able to guide the continuous progress of the child in the most productive and nurturing manner. Read more at the website....
Join pediatric speech-language pathologist Laura Mize, M.S., CCC-SLP, from teachmetotalk.com and developmental interventionist Kelly Nelson, from Playing is Learning on Facebook, as they discuss tips for parents who are sending toddlers to preschool for the very first time. This is a BONUS show in addition to the regularly scheduled show this week!
In this segment of “Brains in Toy Land” Dr. T talks about ways you can foster your child’s language and intellectual skills.
Dr. T starts with a brief over view of language and relevant early concepts and then talks about “tricks of the trade” that developmental experts use to get children to talk more, think critically, and be creative while having fun.
Please always feel free to send questions and show topic requests to Dr. T and her team at email@example.com. We’d love to address them on the air for you.
Thanks for tuning in.
The Kids A to Z Team
Dr. Gloria Walther introduces a four volume series on connecting with children Eye To Eye, The Handbook on Lovingly and Successfully Parenting Your Three-to-Five Year Old Child – The Handbook that Didn’t Come with Them.
Dr. Gloria Walther has a Ph.D. in Early Childhood Development from USC and an M.A. in Family Life Development from Florida State University. In addition to running her preschool, The Walther School, she has taught at UCLA in Curriculum Development and Classroom Management as well as creating and teaching classes at UCLA in emergent literacy.
Today’s All Star Play Room segment regards helping parents help children thrive by fostering great school readiness skills in early childhood.
That is, making sure children have the skills and knowledge for success in school before they get there so they get a great start that flourishes across the lifespan.
Our guest is Emily Roden, Co-Founder of ReadyRosie an organization that provides parent friendly resources to help parents prepare children for school.
As always, please contact us at the show with any questions you have that you’d like us to address on the show. Send us your comments and suggestions for topics as well.
Send you emails to: info@KidsAtoZ.com
Join us on Facebook or follow Dr. T on Twitter
The KidsAtoZ Team
Join Sara Bingham, WeeHands Founder and author of The Baby Signing Book, each week as she shares parenting tips, language development strategies, and the joys of connecting with your baby, toddler and/or preschool child.
Since 2001, WeeHands has been an industry-leading children's sign language and language development program delivered through interactive, fun classes, as well as a line of tailored products. In 2014, WeeHands became part of Morneau Shepell’s Children's Support Solutions, an organization that provides health-centered and educational services to children with differences to help them reach their potential.
This week, Sara will chat with Laura Reisler, director of the Park Slope Communication & Learning Center, who had over 30 years experience treating speech, language and reading issues. On this show we'll chat about reading and language development.
The New Heights Educational Group, Inc. promotes literacy for children and adults by offering a range of educational support services. Such services include assisting families in the selection of schools, organization of educational activities, and acquisition of materials. We promote a healthy learning environment and enrichment programs for families of preschool and school-age children, including children with special needs.
This week's topic is “The life of Martin Luther King Jr.”
The links/references referred to in this show are listed below.
- http://watchknowlearn.org/Video.aspx?VideoID=20003&CategoryID=295 - The American Founding Fathers: Greatest Social Experiment in History - “This video was created to encourage people to read the Constitution and read the words of the men that created our founding documents. It is an amateur video that has slides and lots of text with quotes from many famous people. It is a good quality video with many good quotes.”
- http://online.hillsdale.edu/ - “Hillsdale College offers free, not-for-credit online courses by its faculty. These online versions are based upon those in the College’s undergraduate Core Curriculum, which all Hillsdale students must complete prior to graduation. In addition to lectures, these online courses feature readings, study guides, quizzes, and discussion groups...”
- February 9th, 2014 episode – “Trials of the first settlements” - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/newheightseducation/2014/02/10/new-heights-show-on-education-host-kathy-woodring -
http://www.thegreateducationstruggle.com/46/ - Episode 46 Conversation with Pamela S. Clark, Director of The New Heights Educational Group - December 21, 2014 Posted by Isaac Moffett
Join Host Live Chats
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (51 chatters)
- Straitway (32 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (22 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (20 chatters)
- John Baptist (16 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (11 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (9 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (8 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (7 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (6 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (6 chatters)
- ARC Studies (6 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (6 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (5 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- USA live (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Lez Elegance Radio (2 chatters)
- GEI Radio (2 chatters)
- Spirit Of A Dove Entrepreneurs (2 chatters)
- 13RevolutionRadio (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (2 chatters)
- Awakened Athlete (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Evilkind Media Network (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- African On The Move (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Darryl James (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Sports Smack Down Network (1 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (1 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Warrior Women W2 (1 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- The Advise Show (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)