SORT BY Relevancy
David and Harley will talk about wind development in Maine. Karen Bessey Pease will be our special co-host tonight. Karen, or as her friends know her ‘Kaz’, is a native of the State of Maine. Wife and mother of three, she lives on a 70 acre homestead in rural Lexington Township. She is a regular newspaper columnist and a published author and is an active member of her community. For more that 3 1/2 years, Kaz has been involved in the effort to change policies regarding industrial-scale wind, in the hopes of bringing science, economics and ethics back to the table in regards to this issue. We will also hear from Maine State Representative Terry M. Hayes and Tony Barrett a member of the Executive Committee of the Maine Appalachian Trail Club. We will hear about important legislation moving through the Maine State Legislature: An Act To Protect Maine’s Scenic Character LD 1147 An Act Regarding Wind Power Siting in the Unorganized Territory LD 1323 Representative Hayes was the sponsor of these two bills and Mr. Barrett had a hand in drafting LD 1147.
The Wind River Range in western Wyoming includes more than 40 peaks that check in at 13,000 feet or taller, including the highest natural point in the state, Gannett Peak (13,804 ft.). In this edition of In Ice Axe We Trust (IIAWT), Chris and Matt talk with a mountaineer who recently teamed up with Big City Mountaineers for a charity climbing expedition in the Wind River Mountains.
Flisa talks with Jaime Gonzalez, Conservation Education Director for Katy Prairie Conservancy, about the unique nature of the Deer Park Prairie and the educational treasure it could be not just for Houstonians but for all Texans; and how conservationists in Houston scrambled to raise $3.2 million dollars over the past week to save the 53 acres of rare and pristine native grasslands from becoming a housing development. They still have to reach the $4 million goal by Sept 10, 2013 to save this special piece of coastal prairie--one of the world's most endangered ecosystems.
Kate Galbraith is an energy and environmental journalist and co-author of The Great Texas Wind Rush (University of Texas Press, 2013). She has covered energy and environmental issues for the Texas Tribune and the New York Times, and she spent several years as an Economist correspondent. She writes a column on green issues for the International Herald Tribune once a month.
Kate got her start in journalism writing for the Lonely Planet and Let's Go travel guide series. She lives in California.
This week Don will continue his over-view of the up-coming 'Second Wind Course' journey and concentrate on the fourth pillar of the seminal 'Four Pillars Turnaround System' THE DEBT REMOVAL WORKOUT The Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Are Simple enough: * Are you managing your business, or is the business debt load managing your business? * Are you juggling accounts constantly to meet conflicting obligations? * Would your business be a profit center if its choking debt load was removed? Don has made a One Year Full Personal Commitment to lead a select group of interested business owners on a detailed, Master's Level business survival course based on his work as a 'Master Mentor' for the Isenberg School Of Management Center For Entrepreneurship University Of Massachusetts, Amherst. Where will this course take your business? To Increased Revenues, Greater Profitability, and Greater Stability, not just for the business, but for you too.
The 'Second Wind Course' Starting on November 1st. 2013, an interactive, detailed, college level business course, based upon 'The Four Pillars' is being made available to a limited number of private enrollments. The 'Second Wind Course' is being taught and mentored personally by Don, just as it would be for his students at the University Of Massachusetts. Don is a 'Master Mentor' for the Isenberg School Of Management Center For Entrepreneurship at the University Of Massachusetts, Amherst. The broadcast this week will be about the upcoming course curriculum in general, and give an over-view of Pillar One: Management By the Numbers. For The Course Details and Syllabus Here: The heart of a successful business 'turn around' is the removal of an unsustainable debt load from the business, a 'Debt Workout'. Don's ground breaking books: 'Successfully Navigating The Downturn' 'The Four Pillars Turnaround System' 'Embrace Change' and other eBook Publications from Second Wind Consultants, are available as a FREE DOWNLOAD at our eBook library.
Guest: Barry Casselman, The Prairie Editor. Barry has been following our political system for years.
Please support our friends:
RANGER SELF DEFENSE THE BOOKS OF AARON CLAREY (CAPTAIN CAPITALISM) CUBANOS IN WISCONSIN BY SILVIO CANTO JR
THE BOOKS OF DR ILEANA JOHNSON
Welcome Professor Biegel Of Prairie State Dental School Hygiene Clinic in Chicago Heights IL.
Also Rock To The Best Of The Ikner Brothers. They Sing As Well As Write. These Brothers Are Twins and Inspiring Speakers. They Have Been On Show Time At The Apollo and Steve Harvey Was The Host Of The Show. They Have also Been on The Ricki Lake TV Show Entitled My Sons a Star.
The Ikner Brother Twins Are Radio Co-Host Of The Mathell Givens Blog Radio Show.
Don continues his discussion of the up-coming 'Journey' of the 'Second Wind Course' and of business workouts and turnarounds in general. This week he'll concentrate on Pillar Three: Sales, Marketing and your Internet Presence. Another integral part of the tried and proven. Four Pillars Turnaround System. The course starts on November 1st. 2013, Don's made a One Year Full Personal Commitment to lead 10 business owners on this interactive and detailed, Master's Level business survival course. Where will this Journey take you? To Increased Revenues, Greater Profitability, and Greater Stability for you and your business.
Don continues his discussion of the up-coming 'Journey' of the 'Second Wind Course' and of business workouts and turnarounds in general. This week he'll concentrate on Pillar Two: Reinvention: You and your business. part of the proven Four Pillar Turnaround System. Don's personally lead course is scheduled to start on November 1st. 2013, Don makes a One Year full personal commitment to lead 10 business owners on an interactive and detailed, Master's Level business survival and turnaround course. Enrollment is limited so act promptly. Don is a 'Master Mentor' for the Isenberg School Of Management Center For Entrepreneurship at the University Of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Join Host Live Chats
- STFU Listen (93 chatters)
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (45 chatters)
- PeterHyatt (35 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (23 chatters)
- Teri OBrien (15 chatters)
- Dino Dean (12 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (12 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (10 chatters)
- Berean Bible Chapel Online Church (9 chatters)
- Walking in Energy (9 chatters)
- Talk Jamaica (8 chatters)
- SpiritualistMediumRayBokor (8 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (8 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (8 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (7 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (7 chatters)
- LibertyRules (6 chatters)
- Lennis (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Black Girl Nerds (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (3 chatters)
- Emerge365 (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (3 chatters)
- Radio Stranahan (3 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (3 chatters)
- reVerse (3 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- The Shanon Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (2 chatters)
- Tha Sports Junkies101 Sports radio (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (2 chatters)
- Mona Magick (2 chatters)
- Heart to Woman (2 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (2 chatters)
- Cosmic Conference Radio (2 chatters)
- cowpote (2 chatters)
- D Hour Show (2 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (2 chatters)
- Baba Wesley Gray (2 chatters)
- EGH Media (2 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Donny C (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- Ask The Cat Doctor Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- coachtmb (1 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (1 chatters)
- In His Presence MWE (1 chatters)
- Independent Everything (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- FilmGordon Radio (1 chatters)
- Forbidden Tears Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Eric Martinez InspiredBy Radio (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (1 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Mike and Steve (1 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Middle Men (1 chatters)
- TRUradio (1 chatters)
- USA live (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WORLD Change (1 chatters)
- The IPC (0 chatters)