SORT BY Relevancy
Millions of people in this country lives without shelter, and indoor plumbing right here in America. 37 million Americans still fall below the poverty line. Join my special guest Benita Conner who has lived without indoor plumbing for five years. Also joining me tonight is Roslyn Pollard and Bro. Kaazim Muhammad of the Hattiesburg Muhammad Study Group will also join us for a discussion on poverty in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
This week on Talkin Scripture, we will continue talking about trials. We are going to talk about some kinds of trials that you may not have thought of. We are going to talk about the Trials of Wealth, and the Trials of Poverty. We will talk about:
the trials (and joy) of poverty
the trials (and joy) of wealth.
I know a whole bunch of folks are going to get mad at us BUT...too many daggone Christains are saddles with a "poverty mentality!" This mindset is NOT exclusive to economics, in fact, many Christians are bankrupt morally, socially, physically and psychologically. Lonliness, despair, fear, etc. all play a major role in the life of a poverty stricken Christian!
Let's talk about it...RIGHT NOW!
We all strive to becoming financially well and though situations occur that can disrupt our process to becoming more financially fit (i.e. generational poverty), there are still ways of overcoming those obstacles in reaching your goals to being financially well.
In concluding our 30 day wellness challenge, we will explore ways of being financially fit with our special guest, Tiffany the Budgenista, a best selling author of the book "The One Week Budget."
Join us this Sunday, June 29th at 1pm EST, for a great dialogue of what it means to be financially well. Feel free to chat with us and our special guest, Tiffany the Budgetnista about your financial goals and experiences to becoming financially well, by calling (646) 915-9198.
Join Veemo and guest hosts Bella and Tootie for #BehindTheTrends a show catering to empowerment, trending topics, and entertainment.
This week we discuss "Black Poverty" ... What are your thoughts? Do you believe American Culture is apart of black poverty?
High-poverty schools require considerable resources and deliberate action to adequately support children and families, to address the institutional barriers to opportunity children face, and to ensure students' academic and life success. While the challenges are many, there is a blueprint for what works.
Turnaround for Children, Inc. Founder, President, and CEO Pamela Cantor, M.D. talks to us about school turnaround and about why it is necessary, especially in high-poverty schools, for turnaround experts to partner with schools and educators and with students and families to systematically address the impacts of poverty on teaching and learning.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which creates education equity plans with schools and promotes equity in education in compliance with federal law.
We are enterring 2014 with 42% of Americans living under the poverty level of $23,000/ year for a family of four. Teachers say that three in five children are coming to school unable to concentrate on math becuase they are hungry.
With over 70 government programs directed at social issues, why are 46 million Americans still living in poverty and over 1.3 million still jobless? Join Flex Hour Jobs as we discuss the 2014 issues we face today and what really needs to be done with job creation in the US.
The evidence is staggering!
POVERTY destroys THE BRAIN!
POVERTY CAUSES STRESS!
STRESS ATROPHIES THE BRAIN!
STRESS ACTIVITIES THE HIPPOCAMPUS;
WHICH CAUSES DEPRESSION AND DIABETES!
POVERTY CAUSES PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS!
A study at Boston Children’s Hospital concludes, severe psychological and physical neglect produces measurable changes in children’s brains.
Stress and poverty go hand-in-hand. More important than unhealthy lifestyles and lack of access to good healthcare, chronic stress makes many susceptible to cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, depression and diabetes. The impact upon the brain is seen with those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder: the hippocampus part of their brains is atrophied.
Chronic stress, which is experienced by many poor children, can be devastating since the hippocampus regulates emotional responses, is critical in the formation of memory and spatial awareness.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (94 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (65 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (39 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (22 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (21 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (14 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (11 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Jamaican Language Culture York (7 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (7 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (6 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (6 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (5 chatters)
- Odwirafo (5 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (5 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (5 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (5 chatters)
- CE Radio (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (5 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (3 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (2 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)