SORT BY Relevancy
This episode we tackled the following topics:
*What to do about dribbling? What counts as dribbling and what's an accident? How do I handle them?
*When is the best time to introduce the toilet insert?
*Night training WAS going well, suddenly it's not.
*Day 2 of potty training: feeling like you're doing all the work.
*sitting down, nothing, popping up; pee on the floor.
*a VERY long diatribe debunking Dr. Hodges and "The Dangers of Early Potty Training."
I'll be taking more questions both live and written in. If you are writing in a question, please include the age of child and how long you've been potty training. The more specific and concise the question, the better I can answer it. You can write it here or on Facebook. Thanks! See you Tuesday at Noon, EST!
Today's episode includes the following topics:
*3 year old who absolutely refuses anything to do with the potty. Of note, this family has a second child in the age range of potty training.
*Child who's on track with potty training but is very unsure about pooping. Willing and able and not fully resistant...just unsure.
*Child who is holding poop for nap diaper and parents aren't ready for night training.
*Another child who is holding for night diapers. Parents are unsure whether night training should begin. Naps are dry about 75% of the time.
*What do about a 5 year who is not successfully night trained and the parents have tried everything.
*A child who is 22 months and still having 1-4 accidents a day even 5 weeks into potty training.
*From EC to potty training even with potty resistance.
Today's topics included:
*25 month old showing no patterns at all during night training
*night training questions: should your child be barebummed? What if child starts staying dry on his own? Should you still do a wake up?
*Child who completely had potty training down pat, night and day and when mom went back to work, child lost it all.
*Any particular magical window for night training and what would that look like?
*Child who's finishing block one, already self initiating...how to teach her to wipe her own bum (spoiler alert: don't worry about wiping yet)
*3 and 1/2 year old having a couple of accidents a week. Mom figured it out she does great commando but now what?
*Child clearly waiting for night diaper to poop in.
*6 poop accidents on day one....normal?
*Mom just bought the book, her daughter had shown some interest in the potty and now doesn't. Does this mean she shouldn't begin potty training?
Today's episode includes the following topics:
* how to teach a child to wipe his own butt
* first days crazy good and then mom pushed a little too hard and now has resistance from child
*potty training twins, particularly one who is holding poop for nap/night diaper
*children who poop 5-6x a day and it's loose stool. Discussion about food allergies and fixing that before potty training
*what to do during mealtimes in the first few days of pting
*kids who "get it" fast but then regress with half accidents
*more on dribbling and half accidents
*more on how to do night time wake ups
*suggestions for the child who won't stay put on the potty long enough to actually do anything
*why the blocks of learning are arranged they way they are and how to bounce between them
*twins: one seems ready, the other does not...how to begin potty training
In today's episode, the following topics were addressed:
*2 yo child was doing pretty well and suddenly started having accidents that have progressed to all the time.
*Child who is stuck in "naked time". Does great with no pant but has accidents with pants, even commando.
*3 yo who is peeing in pants and potty behavior has turned aggressive...ie, on-purpose peeing in spots other than the potty, by choice.
*Sudden poop accidents and Mom is pregnant and fears this is regression.
*Child is almost potty trained and Mom NEEDS to get out for some Mama Care, but temporary daycares requires pull ups.
*Chaos on Day 2 of potty training
In this episode, we covered the following topics:
*A lot on the topic of dribbling, trickling and generally waiting for a dribble as a cue before pottying.
*When to start using underpants/ how to tell if the muscle memory of diapers is gone
*confusion about night training and what it looks like when training night and day together
*putting too much pressure on the process and how to back off.
*children with ZERO language...should you start potty training?
*how to deal with former potty "trauma". When a previous attempt at potty training went awful...ways to regroup and start over
*Child who "hates the potty"
Today's episode was jamming! Topics include:
*prompting; knowing when and how to back off. When prompting is in normal bounds and when it's not
*public potty use
*where in the potty process is it preferable to start a daycare program
*beginning potty training with a child who definitely holds pee and poop for nap/night time diapers.
*night time regression, in conjunction with starting a new medication
*not catching any poops....but no drama around pooping either.
*16 month old who's rocking it (parents too!)
*a 4 year old who's peeing in the oven
*night time training, dry naps, no dry naps, nap training...the whole ball of wax.
Today's episode includes the following topics:
*Book review for "Teeny Totty uses Mams's big potty" by Yvonne Jones
* various questions regarding self-initiation or "When will my child TELL me he has to go????"
*Child who took slightly longer at home and daycare is wonky.
*Training pants at night and what to do when you simply can't address night training at this time.
*Fear of release of pee in potty (22month old)
*Regressions: from dribbles to half accidents.
*Night time regression and the 2 year molars.
*A ridiculously rude prank caller who actually waited in the call line. In restrospect, I feel awful for whomever this young man dates.
This episode's topics include:
*child who will NOT use big toilet, only little potty
*child who fears initial release of poop. Pee is no problem, finishing poop on potty is no problem, just that initial poop
*Child who won't tell or go when he starts to poop. Will just make "the face" and mom gets him there, where he can finish without a problem.
*An EC'd 19 month old who's 3 days in but not showing any distinct progress.
*My personal story of the gluten eating and Pascal's behavior changes while traveling.
*My personal fall from a moral parenting high horse. We went to Disney.
This week's show is the last for 3 whole weeks. Call or write in any questions you might have! Jamie will be traveling to do potty training workshops in San Francisco, Orange County, and San Diego. For more information and tickets go HERE.
After today, we'll see you in September!
In this week's episode, the following topics were addressed:
*Dealing with the space between prompting and "handing it over" to the child.
*Kids who are rockstars outside of the home but NOT in it.
*How to approach potty training after a bungled or failed attempt.
*3 year old who did GREAT for 6 weeks then fell off the potty rails.
*heat waves, over consumption of fluids and the inability to detect a pee pattern amongst all this.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (61 chatters)
- Curious Times (32 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (27 chatters)
- The View from Montana (16 chatters)
- Love Productions (15 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (14 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (10 chatters)
- 63504 (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (7 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (6 chatters)
- civilalert (6 chatters)
- HoneySoul (5 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (5 chatters)
- The Life Oasis Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- PatriotWatchdog (4 chatters)
- Shay and Tyler and Friends (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- Growl Radio (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Carl Richards Show (4 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (3 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (3 chatters)
- Grandstand University Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (3 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (3 chatters)
- UCC Show (3 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- WVIPW (3 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- The Sunday Hangover Podcast (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Real Talk The Movement (2 chatters)
- Soul Interaction Radio (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (2 chatters)
- Because Women Are Amazing (2 chatters)
- churchboi (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drinkfive Podcast (2 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Casey Wheeler (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- AMCPress and Co (1 chatters)
- Enter 907 Live (1 chatters)
- Never a Niche Live (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- jp102131 (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- THA BARXDAR (1 chatters)
- The AE System The Ministry of Hair (1 chatters)
- The Jets Beat (1 chatters)
- Readings By Gwendolyn (1 chatters)
- Mana Talk (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- shegeebee (1 chatters)
- This Man Woman Thang (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kiler Davenport Live (0 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (0 chatters)