SORT BY Relevancy
We all know the benefits of a good, lengthy workout but with life's busy demands, unfortunately it isn't always possible (every day). Join us as Core Wellness' Dr. Elizabeth Polis shares why a 15 minute workout can be a great one and why it's definitely better than not getting one at all. Will discuss specific workouts and resources.
Reba Riley is the debut author of Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome: A Memoir of Humor & Healing In 30 Religions, the founder of the Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome community online, and a blogger at Patheos.com
Reba grew up in a fundamentalist Christian home where the wallpaper & dinner napkins featured Bible verses, & the Smurfs were considered demonic. She told her kindergarten class the letters of Santa's name could be arranged to "Satan." Reba’s 10,000 hours of education included evangelical schools, Christian college followed by a stint at the Focus of the Family Institute with Dr. James Dobson, and an intensive ministry training program at a megachurch in Colorado Springs—a program that swiftly kicked her out when she shared her religious doubts with the leadership. Reba lost everything - including herself. Enter Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome.
Reba got sick. Really sick. With a near-debilitating chronic mystery illness doctors couldn’t diagnose or treat. At 29, the illness made her vulnerable enough that she finally had to face the fact she’d avoided for the better part of a decade: her spirit was sicker than her body. Reba decided to undertake a spiritual recovery program: she would visit thirty religions before her thirtieth birthday—not to find a religion, but to find peace.
Through her adventures, Reba realized she didn’t have to choose religion to choose God…or good. She discovered sometimes we have to get lost to get found. Two years after completing her thirty religions project and eighteen months after recovering from her illness, Reba is here to share dispatches from her journey of healing.
in Self Help
Janine Lutz, dubbed MoAB, Mother of America’s Battalion by members of the Warfighter Community is a business owner, marine mom, cancer survivor, Bereaved mother & veteran advocate. While Janine is the CEO of Super Stone, Inc. that is simply how she lives. Why she lives is for the LCpl Janos V Lutz Live To Tell Foundation, Inc. a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which was founded in honor of her son Janos “Johnny” Lutz. Johnny was lost in 2013 from Post-Traumatic Stress, & prescribed medications, which he struggled with as a result of his service to this country. She acts on the principle that “We the People Must Fight for Those Who Fought for US!
Learning from your event is one of the best ways to improve yet many runners fail to conduct a post race review.
Based on the After Action Review technique developed in the military The Partnerunning Post Race Review is a step by step approach to learning from you experience.
In this episode of The Partnerunning Show we outline the post race review process and conduct a live review of our You Yangs Hardcore 100 Miler event.
Also on the show:
Over the shoulder
The Road ahead
in Self Help
Board-certified and New York-trained neurologist, Dr. Choy graduated from Boston University with BA/MD degrees in six years in 1984 and went on to do her post-graduate training at various prestigious NYC hospitals. She is one of the first American-trained doctors to assimilate Western medicine with Eastern acupuncture, Qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine principles (treating body, mind, and spirit) in her everyday practice. Because nutrition and lifestyle changes are essential for permanent change, Dr. Choy also acquired training in Integrative Nutrition. She implements all these modalities to help her patients attain better health while minimizing the use of drugs and optimizing cutting edge diagnostic procedures for individual care. Dr. Choy also believes that we all must take ownership of our illnesses and take pro-active steps towards health. A good doctor can guide and facilitate this process. Join Dr. Choy and Jeremy L. as they share how he journeyed from major head trauma with subdural and subarachnoid bleeding into a nearly symptoms free life using homeopathy and acupuncture. Find out how to relief chronic headaches, focus problems, speech problems and memory problems from head trauma and post-traumatic syndrome. Feel free to call in with your questions at the above number.
The benefits of physical activity are immense. According to the CDC, exercise can reduce your risk for heart disease, diabetes and even cancer as well as improve your mental health and increase your chances of living a longer life.
Our host, Anthony Figliola sits down with Cancer Survivor, Orthopaedic Surgeon and MDfitness originator Dr. Tom Kleeman, MD to talk about "The Doctor's Workout." This workout is a full-body exercise program for men and women over age 45 to prevent health issues as well as assist in treatment.
Dr. Tom Kleeman, MD
Tom Kleeman graduated with his medical degree from the Yale University School of Medicine in 1981 and remained at Yale for a residency in Orthopedics until 1986. Tom obtained a fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of Maryland in 1992 during which time he was involved in research and helped the writing of a textbook. He then returned to New Hampshire where he started a Spine Center affiliated with Catholic Medical Center. In 1995 he founded the New Hampshire Neurospine Institute.
Dr Kleeman has been involved in several FDA studies and has published many journal articles and lectured extensively in the United States and Internationally. With the help of his wife Anne he has become dedicated to the use of exercise and good nutrition as a means of maintaining quality of life during the aging process while preventing or aiding in the treatment of many common illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and cancer.
Dr. Kleeman is also a cancer survivor who has found the benefits of exercise instrumental in his own recovery. Tom is also an instrument rated pilot devoting his free time to volunteering for Angel Flight, an organization dedicated to helping transport patients from rural areas to major cities where they can receive treatment.
1. Diane’s Updates [4:52]
2. Liz’s Updates [11:33]
3. Liz’s apology [17:23]
4. Why many people are more successful eating with rules or a "yes/no" list (or: Neuroscience, the president, and choices) [18:14]
5. Feed suggestions for raising little piggies[33:05]
6. How salt makes your food taste better [38:55]
7. Should I stop washing my hands with soap? [46:25]
8. Problems with post-workout fatigue [52:42]
Alan Bramwell (Giants of Jazz Radio) and Jose Reyes (Jazz Con Class Radio) will be interviewing Jeremy Yudkin, author of "Miles Smiles, and the Invention of Post Bop." The co-hosts will mostly concentrate on the book but there will be much more covered with Jeremy, he is very qualified in the field of music.The listeners will have a golden opportunity to ask Jeremy specific questions about jazz and music in general. listen in and/or call in with your questions.
More on the book:
Focusing on one of the legendary musicians in jazz, this book examines Miles Davis's often overlooked music of the mid-1960s with a close examination of the evolution of a new style: post bop. Jeremy Yudkin traces Davis's life and work during a period when the trumpeter was struggling with personal and musical challenges only to emerge once again as the artistic leader of his generation.....Learn More
Joga is growing in popularity as a workout that responds to specific demands of athletes, who are both results and achievement oriented individuals.
An athletic based style of yoga, Joga incorporates a unique blend of postures, breathing techniques, and relaxation tools to find balance in strength and flexibility, improve breath control and recovery, and maintain a calm mind.
Joga helps athletes to feel stronger, more flexible and re-energized and provides all the other physiological and psychological benefits of yoga.
Organizations like the Calgary Stampeders, Toronto Argonauts and the Olympic Men’s Beach Volleyball team incorporated Joga into their training. Jana Webb’s unique blend of postures and breathing techniques improves performance and helps prevent injury.
Joga has become part of Jana’s offerings to both NHL and OHL players during off-season and is creating jobs via Joga teacher training for others.
Jana Webb joins us LIVE at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio on Wednesday, June 18th at 7PM EST. Listen each Friday at NOON repeat on AMFM247 or to any BtC episode via iTunes Radio.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (175 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (145 chatters)
- John Baptist (87 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (23 chatters)
- AlimBey (22 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- DDP Radio (11 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (9 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (8 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- Aquaman (8 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (7 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (5 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (3 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Your Psychic Connection (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Littany (2 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (2 chatters)
- David and Wes (2 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (1 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- E3 Radio (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- SR Forker (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- Live with Scott and Katie (0 chatters)