SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson, Stephanie takes on the controversial theory of “acting white” its context and its implications in our so-called ‘post-racial’ America. It will cover the recent book of the same name while discussing its provocative theme that racial judgments are not just based on skin color, but on how a person conforms to behaviors or stereotypes associated with a certain race.
Joining us to sort this contention out are law professors Devon Carbado and Mitu Gulati, co-authors of the book Acting White?: Rethinking Race in Post-Racial America, Professor Paul C. Taylor, and media and political strategist Ron Christie. Together we will discuss race, roles and stereotypes in 21st century America.
It is time to gather at the Roundtable as Stephanie Robinson delivers hot topics, deep talk and a little bit of uplift. Roundtable with Stephanie Robinson... pull up a chair.
STIMULATING, INTELLECTUAL & THOUGHT PROVOKING conversation tonight (8pm EST). Log on to www.blogtalkradio.com/hipolitix. We will talk to Dr. Ada Fisher (RNC National Committeewoman) about the GOP outreach to minorities. We will also have a conversation with F. Michael Higginbotham, the Wilson H. Elkins Professor of Law and the former Interim Dean at the University of Baltimore School of Law. He teaches courses on Constitutional Law and Race and the Law. He is the author of the book, "Ghosts of Jim Crow". We will discuss the resignation of Atty. General Eric Holder and ending racism in post-racial America.
Call in Line: 805-292-0337
WELCOME to Independent Underground Radio LIVE - Michigan's Top Politico Program - Aired Monday and Wednesday from 11:00 - 1:00 PM ET.
On The Show:
Guest - Warren, Michigan Mayor Warren Fouts (R) discuss aftermath of the Great Flood on his city, the lack of proper infrastructure upgrades to deal with emergencies in Michigan, how global warming is changing how our governmental units must prepare incidents of a similar nature, in the future, the Proposal 1 of 2014 on-going lawsuit and more!
We will discuss America's So-Called "Post-Racial" Society or truly lack their of, in light of three weeks and two days after the death of 18 year-old Michael Brown. Today, in Ferguson, as Brown's parents prepare to finally lay their son to rest, will any lesson be learn from Michael's untimely death about race, culture, class and economic problems in what some have describe -- a society that's past the centuries long racial divide?
Independent Underground Radio LIVE FEATURED FOUR YEAR ON BTR -Progressive Talk Radio- podcast based out of Ann Arbor covering Michigan and National Politics, breaking news and more. As Michigan's Top Politico podcast, IU Radio LIVE had over 200K podcast downloads in 2013 alone!
Host Monica RW is an owner/writer for the popular Independent Underground News website, media consultant for ROJS Media LLC, a experienced grassroots and elected local political leader, and brings her researched Independent opinions to the political issues of the day.
Call into the show with your thoughts and opinions at 347-934-0185 or tweet us @IUNewsTalk.
The only Buffalo Bills post game show that will let you speak your mind
Dr. Yancy, Professor of Philosophy at Duquesne, works primarily in the areas of critical philosophy of race, critical whiteness studies, and philosophy of the Black experience.Today, Dr Yancy, will help us understand the killing of Michael Brown as part of America's deeply embedded racism.
GEORGE YANCY is professor in the Department of Philosophy at Duquesne University. He received his Ph.D. (with honors) in philosophy from Duquesne University. He received an M.A. in philosophy from Yale University and a B.A. (cum laude) in philosophy from the University of Pittsburgh. He received a second M.A. from New York University in Black Studies. He has authored, edited, and co-edited 16 books, including Black Bodies, White Gazes: The Continuing Significance of Race (Rowman & Littlefield, 2008), Look, a White! Philosophical Essays on Whiteness (Temple University Press, 2012), and Pursuing Trayvon Martin (Lexington Books, 2012). His philosophical areas of specialization are Critical Whiteness Studies, Critical Philosophy of Race and African American Philosophy.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (87 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- in5d (23 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (20 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (19 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (15 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (12 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (5 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (2 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (1 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)