SORT BY Relevancy
Rock journalist Steve Turner turns a serious eye on Holy Week with a poem that's sure to challenge your perception of the crucifixion. How are we complicit in Jesus' death? What significance does this death have for us today? And how are we to cope when we feel abandoned by our loving God? Join Lori and Alice as they discuss all this and more! There's no better way to embrace Holy Week!
In this episode of Epilepsy.com's Hallway Conversations, Dr. Joseph Sirven, Professor of Neurology at Mayo Clinic Arizona and Editor-in-Chief of Epilepsy.com, interviews John Hixson, MD about the Policy for Optimal Epilepsy Management (POEM) study.
The overall goal of the study is to improve the self-management practices of U.S. Veterans with epilepsy such as tracking seizures, managing medications and side effects, and engaging with other people with similar concerns about their condition. The results of the study were presented at the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology.
A welcome backk
Join us for an interview with Shirley McPhillips, author of Poem Central: Word Journeys with Readers and Writers. Shirley will discuss her life in and with poetry, and her work with youth as readers and makers of poems.
*We are re-airing this show in honor of National Poetry Month. It originally aired September 11, 2014.
Do you have a poem or a song to share? Would you like to have help finding the value in a situation? Would you like to talk about your New Year's Resolutions or the lack of them? Would you prefer to just listen to others share openly on Fridays at Sweet Perfume and Leather Jackets Radio Show?
Melanie Dewberry asks the question: What is your indigenous nature?
She believes that we are all indigenous - to this planet; to each other. She also believes that we are each born with a divine mandate tattooed on our souls; a poem written before the world got its hands on us and labels us.
We all want to be witnessed; seen for who we really are. This especially resonates with Producer and Host, Linda Lombardo, who calls herself the Camelot era/flower child of two Edwardian/Depression-era parents; better seen than heard; neither seen nor heard when adults got together to play cards or have dinner.
Her Power of Naming TEDx Talk reminds us that resonance with our name is powerful and starts to tell a story; we do not negotiate our gifts; the world expects something of us when our true name is shared.
Melanie DewBerry is many things in addition to a kick-ass speaker of TEDx talks; she is a Soul Navigator and brander, a magazine creator and writer, a coach who brings spirituality and her Native American roots to the conversation – even in the corporate world.
She is Conversation Curator & Courage Cultivator. Melanie is a Speaker & Coach on Consciousness, Soul and the Love of Life. She is a lover of languages. Melanie is “She who lives with her Soul on Fire”.
Melanie uses the power of spirituality, language, words, and naming to remind us all how we belong to one another.
Linda Lombardo hosts.
This is a black arts and culture site. We will be exploring the African Diaspora via the writing, performance, both musical and theatrical (film and stage), as well as the visual arts of Africans in the Diaspora and those influenced by these aesthetic forms of expression. I am interested in the political and social ramifications of art on society, specifically movements supported by these artists and their forebearers. It is my claim that the artists are the true revolutionaries, their work honest and filled with raw unedited passion. They are our true heroes. Ashay!
1. Todd Thomas Brown and Yayoi Kambara join us to talk about the D.I.R.T. Festival at Dance Mission this weekend, Sat., Feb. 6 and Sun., Feb. 7. This is the third week and third in a series of interviews with choreographers. Visit dancemission.com
2. From the Archives: Interview with Margo Hall re: BeBopBaby Nov. 19-23, 2013. She is currently, Aunt Ester in August Wilson's "Gem of the Ocean" at MTC through Feb. 14. marintheatre.org
Use the code DATENIGHT to get buy 1 ticket and get 1 free ticket to bring a friend.
3. Luisah Teish and Lelani Birley On Sacred Ground book talk (Sept. 25, 2013)
Music & Poetry: Michael White, "Journey of the Black Star; Meklit & Quinn, "Bring It Home to Me," Michael Warr's Brain on Ice-the L Train poem.
About Marie Michaelle:
I am in the business of Poetry. I model as well. I am an artist who believes in the power that art has over human emotion. I write and perform to inspire the voiceless. My delivery is designed to please my audiences verbally, visually and spiritually while exuding feminine power. Through years of observing, learning and teaching I have created and will continue to create works that will impact society in a meaningful and beneficial way.
WINDY CITY: POEMS OF LUST & DESIRE (a passionate or overmastering longing or craving) is my first published book.
These 46 poems and 5 pictures will take you through an explicit journey of lust and desire. This book will introduce you to an uninhibited part of yourself from the very first page you read. By the time you've made it to the last poem you will have taken a well deserved journey of your carnal lifetime.
I am interested in meeting people in the industry serious about networking. I am interested in meeting models, photographers, actors, producers, directors, singers, designers, promoters and fellow wordsmiths, anyone in the entertainment industry that could use my image or words to enhance their product or interested in some type of collaboration. I am serious about my work and extremely professional. I expect the same from anyone contacting me.
"I want to wrap my words around you in a hug so powerful you melt into my poem."
Join Host Live Chats
- Straitway (74 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (62 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (58 chatters)
- The Appearance (42 chatters)
- Yada (41 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (34 chatters)
- John Baptist (20 chatters)
- HOV Radio (15 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (13 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (13 chatters)
- Kevincansee (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (7 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (5 chatters)
- Bellesprit Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (3 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (2 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- Bread Of Life Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk 920 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- Turning Up The Gospel Radio (1 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)