SORT BY Relevancy
KiKi & Cousin Chan give their thoughts on things that have happened during the week... No topic off the table!! Everything from relationships, News stories, politics & reality tv!
This week's episode covers:
--Playing Devil's Advocate™
--Matthew Knowles Baby Mama Drama
Click HERE to watch us on Youtube!
This week on Fantasy Sports and Politics we will cover the release of Plaxico Burress abd who might he go to, when will the courts make a decsion on the NFL labor issues, the NBA Finals and what to expect tonight, and Ohio State w it survive these issues and will Pryor enter the supplemental draft?
African-American athletes find themselves in the scandalous side of the media world far more frequently than Caucasian athletes, and their stories are usually circulated far longer than their counterparts. In addition to the longterm circulation of these articles, the content almost always emphasizes a past flaw about the athlete, instead of the athlete themselves.
In cases such as New Jersey Nets' Jason Collins, the NBA player who had just outed himself as a homosexual, every headline or opening sentence of an article about him begins with "Openly gay NBA player", and in the case of NY Knicks' point guard Raymond Felton, every article concludes with a link or association to the five-year-old incident of accidental self-shooting by the Pittsburgh Steelers' wide receiver Plaxico Burress. Has frequent media-scandal flyers such as Robert Downey, Jr. received such longterm mentions?
The media is known to do "anything to get the story". However, is this front-page scandal approach simply a much-expected media attention-grabbing tactic, or is this yet another attempt to degrade African-Americans?
It's time to wind down and shoot the breeze. The girls admit that they are slightly social media disabled. Boughetto forgot how to log on to Twitter & Lavinia feels like she's too old for Instagram. (6:25) --Apparently people don't Tell the Truth on Tuesdays anymore, but we now have Woman Crush Wednesdays. Thursdays continue to throw back. (7:30)-- Strange holidays for February. Lavinia takes issue with Ground Hog's Day. Valentine's Days is the 14th, but did you know Singles Awareness Day is the 15th. Heartbreak and candygrams. Boughetto felt the pressure to live a lie on Valentine's Day. Next week: Hoodie Hoo Day, but not the hoodie hoo we know. (14:25)--Lavinia laments their podcast identity crisis & their recent sudden f bomb drops. Boughetto has the revelation that we're sophistiratchet (19:25)--The RHOA brawl. What the hell is wrong with Christopher Williams. Apollo went Incredible Hulk on T-Boz. Kandi Burress got to rep for the little people. Old people don't need to be fighting. (37:40) Boughetto comes with a sip of tea. TI's rumored to have an "outside" baby. Lavinia does her very tired Tiny impression. Robin Thicke done lost his damn bit of mind. (42:30) Being Mary Jane, the bottom scurge with redeemable qualities
SB Illustrious and DJ Magic Spinnz discuss the Kandi Burress/Todd/Mama Joyce situation (Real Housewives of ATL) and other parents who are selfish and don't want to let their children discover their own happiness.
The Shock Jock and his "Crazies" are back with another insane show
Tonight we Discuss Lady Gaga and her sexy performance with R Kelly on SNL
Do Gaga fans have a problem with this? Call up and Talk about it
We talk about Pebbles interview with Wendy Williams and then Kandi Burress kind of siding with Pebbles Who do you believe now?
Rihanna will be recieving an American Music Awards Icon award the first one to be given out. DO you think she deserves it? I know i will here from the BEYhive
Plus Hot Off The Blok Celebrity News
Porscha Stewart implying what we already knew (Kordell is Gay) Boobie Gibson dipping out on Keyshia? Rihanna & Drake again? Vh1 backing off their claims of TLC being a Biopic?, Mariah calls Nicki Satan? Trinidad james comment are we in for another coastal beef?
Life Topic of The Day
Should all marriages be open marriages? that way there would never be any cheating. If your spouse said Open relationship would you agree?
Making fun of Celebrities
Call in or join the chat room discussion with
Heaven Hollywood Host
The Crazies cast
La Rivers @larivers
Mz OD @mz_Od
What a journey Wayne Escoffery has had in his life - making the trek with Mom from their native London, earning a full scholarship to the Hartt School, performing with the New Haven (Connecticut) Trinity Boys Choir - and and a move to New York City in 2000 that has sparked a beautiful career.
Much attention has been paid to this brilliant tenor saxophonist. Being asked to join the Eric Reed Septet was the beginning of the professional journey - what followed: stints with the Mingus Big Band/Orchestra/Dynasty, the Lonnie Plaxico Group, and Abdulah Ibrahim's Akaya.
In 2004, Wayne was invited to join Ben Riley's Monk Legacy Septet. Around the same time, he was hand-picked by Wynton Marsalis to be part of a select core of musicians to play with Lincoln Center's Music of the Masters assembly.
The next year, a stellar opportunity to join the Tom Harrell Quintet presented itself - and Wayne still enjoys that productive association. In the meantime, he found the time to marry the respected singer, Carolyn Leonhart, and turn out some spectacular music - in collaboration with Carolyn, as sought-after sideman, and as leader. "The Only Son Of One" was released last year to a sea of praise.
Wayne Escoffery is coming to our region - in Baltimore AND Washington, D.C. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to have him on the show. An early holiday gift :) Wayne kicks off the show at one p.m. Eastern time on 11/14/2013.
Surprised about the verdict? Let's talk real talk! How much of this did black foke bring on ourselves? What role do we poor discriminated against, church goin' people play in this scenerio? When we promote brag and demonstrate that we are money hungry thugs, bitches, druggies, ho's who cherish whips(cars), bling, twerkin, metal teeth, saggin' pants, degrading music, reality shows with black women acting a fool as well as judge shows what do you expect? Oh you then want to be respected as human beings? When our families allow our children to listen to this poison on their headsets when they are in our presence at home or in our cars as long as we can't hear it is sickening. Isn't it reasonable for others to look at us the way we portray ourselves when using our freedom of speech? What happened to Trayvon was out right wrong and intolerable but we don't come to the court with clean handsHe got caught up in our mess and there will always be casualties when people act ignorantly and seldom are the ones who do the dirt the only ones to pay. If Zimmerman doesn't believe the images our young males and females portray over & over on the streets, at home, in school, on tracks, films, videos, Facebook pages & Twitter, Trayvon goes home, watches the All-star game & goes to school the next day. Do you Remember Mike Vick fought multiple and involved in killing dogs and the justice system gave him 2 years in prison, Plaxico Buress shot himself and received 2 years in prison from the justice system. Trayvon is walking home from the store minding his own business and is shot and killed in his temporary neighborhood by a grown man and he is blamed for his own murder. Somebody caused it and if Zimmerman isn't guilty of causing this teenager to be dead with a bullet hole in his chest it only leaves Trayvon to be guilty of being a scary black teenager. Like a famous man once said, "ONLY IN AMERICA!"
Stop by The Lounge where grown folk can kick back, relax and intellectually discuss the issues of the day that effect them. Get you drink and come sit down! If Joe from Montana shows up...He will be the verbal beat down like he did last week!
This was an awesome Episode. I played abunch of new music from artists like Joey BadA$$, Kendrick Lamar, Sean Price, A$AP Rocky, Dan Brown, Yelawolf, The Plague, Marv Won, Homeboy Sandman, Sha Stimuli, Nas, Scarface, plus a couple of classics and a whole lot of funny skits from Hip Hop albums, plus some actual comedy from Hanibal Burress and Crank Yankers. This show is almost 3 hours and yet has high stats for complete listens and a lot of downloads of the Archives. I figured I'd play it again for those new to the show who never heard it.
Twitter & Instagram: @GMS_MCMI
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (172 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (91 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Bellesprit (17 chatters)
- Bio Individualized Medicine (16 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (15 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (14 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (11 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (11 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (10 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (8 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- ParaNation (7 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (5 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (5 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (4 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (4 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (4 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (3 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- FoReRadio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (3 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (2 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (2 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (1 chatters)
- Carole Gold (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- Were Alive (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (0 chatters)
- Forbidden Tears Radio (0 chatters)