SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. John McDougall
John A. McDougall is an American Irish physician and author whose philosophy is that degenerative disease can be prevented and treated with a low-fat, whole foods, plant-based/vegan diet – especially one based on starches such as potatoes, rice, and corn – which excludes all animal foods and added vegetable oils. Passionate? Incredibly. Compelling? Totally. Convincing? Yes – because of the science Dr. McDougall brings to the table. If you have EVER wondered or want to know more about the benefits of a plant-based diet and want to educate yourself, make joining us a “must do.” You will be glad you did. Our thanks to the Tucson-based Healthy You Network for introducing us to Dr. McDougall and for helping make this interview possible. This show sponsored by Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona.
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes executive chef, cooking teacher, caterer and former diabetic, Jason Wyrick, to share tips for a healthier and compassionate vegan Thanksgiving and his new book, Vegan Tacos. Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Autographed copies of Laura Theodore’s CDS and her cookbooks Jazzy Vegetarian Classics and Jazzy Vegetarian are now available! Watch SEASON FOUR of Jazzy Vegetarian on the CREATE NETWORK premiering on December 11, 2014! SEASON FOUR is full of celebrity guests and celebratory meals. (Check local listings). Chef Jason Wyrick is an executive chef, cooking teacher, caterer and a former diabetic. He has co-authored the New York Times best-selling book 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart with Neal Barnard, MD, and has taught alongside many medical and dietary professionals. A former diabetic who cured his diabetes and lost 100 pounds by going vegan, Jason was the first vegan culinary instructor in the world-famous Le Cordon Bleu program.
During this hour with Marnie and guest, Elena Wilkins you'll discover:
1. Why a plant based diet is optimal for health and weight loss.
2. The 3 keys to preparing your mind for a successful transition.
3. How to make your plant based diet easy in a world of fast fried foods.
4. Why vegans who consume a whole foods diet do not lack any nutrients or need supplements.
5. How and where to shop to make a plant based diet affordable.
6. The basic food staples and how to prepare your pantry.
7. The 5 kitchen gadgets you’ll want to invest in early on.
8. Where to find support for a successful lifestyle change.
9. How to be a vegan in a non-vegan world. How to build bridges of understanding with family, friends and beyond.
10. Three keys to helping kids transition to a plant based lifestyle.
Elena teaches people how to transition to a plant based diet to improve health and achieve permanent weight loss. Learn more at http://www.vega-licious.com
Are you trying to incorporate vegetables into your diet but tired of the same old frozen bag of something and glass jar of green goop? Plant based diets scare you because you don't see how to get all the protein and vitamins your body needs with good tasting food? Can I really feed my family this? Are you ready for 'The Veggie Queen'?
My guest is Jill Nussinow; registered dietitian, culinary educator and author of Nutrition CHAMPS: New Way of Thinking about Food Groups that will Change Your Life. Jill is an expert is showing us how to have fun with food, incorporate vitamins and minerals in levels that are supporting our health and creating alternative protein sources that we never realized. She makes eating plants fun and creative! Did you know how important garlic and onions are not just as a seasoning but to help our immune system? How do you eat them every day and not smell 'funny'? Fabulous recipes to incorporate super foods in their original form, fresh, into your diet.
For more information on Jill and her books on food, visit: www.theveggiequeen.com
Nourishing our physical bodies for optimal strength and healing is important. Illness can deplete us of nutrients, so we need extra protein and nutritional support during an infection, a flare up of an ongoing disease, or when having surgery. Spiritual nutrition is even more important than physical nutrition because while our physical body will eventually pass away no matter what we do, our soul and spirit live on eternally. Spiritual problems in this world do affect our physical and mental health. Physically we can die from lack of nutrition, toxic exposure, or trauma. Join us tonight and learn about the spiritual counterparts, and how improving your spiritual nutrition by daily ingesting the Bread of Life will improve your life and health now as well as your spiritually life later.
Our new website: www.thehealingriver.com
In this show we will be covering models of healing coming from a broad range of disciplines, integrating the best of modern science with the best of the healing wisdom that has been transmitted to us from the most ancient cultures.
Dr. Renè David Alkalay is a life-long student of meditation, Yoga science, Kabbalah, and the religious and philosophical texts of the East and West, and is the author of numerous articles and books. In private practice as a naturopathic practitioner since 1980, he provides holistic services at the Genesis Tree of Life Wellness Center offering help with nutrition, weight management, pain and illnesses, fitness and holistic treatment for cancer patients. Genesis Society (501 c3) is the not-for-profit organization Dr. Renè David Alkalay offers help to veterans and yoga classes for children with cancer.
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes Julieanna Hever, the Plant-Based Dietitian back to the show. We’ll hear more about plant–based diet information. Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT, is a passionate advocate of following a whole food, plant-based diet-the established effects of which provide positive healthful benefits. Julieanna is the author of the best-selling book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, and the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine. She is the co-author of the new book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking, which she wrote with Chef Beverly Lynn Bennett. Julieanna was recently featured on The Dr. Oz Show and Reluctantly Healthy, co-stars on The Chef and The Dietitian, on numerous radio shows, and has lectured extensively internationally. Join us on the Jazzy Vegetarian Cruise! NEWSFLASH: Season 2 of Jazzy Vegetarian launches nationally via public television stations starting July 1, 2012 (check your local listings) and features 13 half-hour episodes serving up mouthwatering, vegan menus for anybody looking for delicious, nutritious food. From “Rockin’ Moroccan Stew” to “Chocolate Mousse Ginger Pie,” this season ROCKS!
1. What’s new for you from Diane & Liz [1:57]
2. Shout Out: Melissa Joulwan and her Well Fed magazine [11:30]
3. This week in the Paleosphere: US News & World Report on the Paleo diet [14:06]
4. I’d like to try the 21-Day Sugar Detox, but I feel like I’d fail day 1 [26:27]
5. How do I transition to normal eating after the nutrition challenge is over [32:30]
6. Best way to plan meals when you have a long commute [44:42]
7. Can you address how the Advocare 24-day challenge is not healthy [51:10]
8. Diane’s Kitchen tip: Browning a roast for slow cooking [1:02:42]
9. Liz’s tip of the week: holistic point of view on the Linea Nigra [1:06:48]
Home Based Business University Radio Show is here to promote opportunities both domestically and internationally. We will hear from Entrepreneurs from all countries around the world. We will learn about new and exciting business opportunities as well as innovative products and services which will help us make for a Better World.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (84 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (68 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (42 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (31 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (31 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (24 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (24 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- in5d (22 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (19 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (10 chatters)
- Rifleman (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (7 chatters)
- Intuitive Heart Radio (7 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (6 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- The Seika Network (5 chatters)
- Quagmire America (5 chatters)
- The American Republic (4 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Program Returns (4 chatters)
- 13RevolutionRadio (4 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (3 chatters)
- InXBetween the Lines (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- The Torrey Allen Show (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (2 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Happy Hour Network (2 chatters)
- Ladies of Light Radio (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- 65457 (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (1 chatters)
- Common Ground Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Crush Radio Raw (1 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- reactionariez (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)