SORT BY Relevancy
If you're like me, your initial reaction to the title of this show was probably, "Ew, gross, no thank you!". But hold on! Consider sitting tight and listening to this episode. What if your hormones regulate really quickly and you don't have any of that pesky postpartum depression? What if you have a lot of energy, even with those first sleepless nights? What if it improves lactation? What if you just feel much better? These are what many women report after trying this therapy, many of them having used it on their second pregnancy and have their first as a point of comparison. Tune in to have doula and placenta encapsulator Courtney Scott tell you all about it! Maybe it won't sound so icky afterall.
Find out more about Courtney at http://courtney.embracinglabor.com/.
We are running a Classic "Your Dunamas Life" this week because Catherine's husband, Jeff, had to have emergency surgery this week, and she was unable to record a new show. So in honor of Jeff we are rerunning on show on Plancenta Encapsulation When and When Not. Jeff does placenta encapsularion for the Dunamas Center so we think this is fitting. Please pray for his speedy recovery.
Many people are unaware that the placenta is a powerhouse of nutrition...for the mom! This show talks about encapsulating the placenta and turning it into a small capsule supplement for the mother to get all the nutritional benefits in the months following childbirth. Dr. Pauline and Catherine have asked Jeff Pearson to join them as he is the one at the Dunamas Center who does the planeta encapsulation. They will discuss the process, and the pros and cons, as well as times when we might want to not consider encapsulation the placenta.
May is Pregnancy Awareness Month and it would be refreshing to hear from a Board Certified Physician who specializes in Pregnancy and Maternal Fetal Medicine to dispel the current myths and trends that are dominating. Dr. Jaffe with Rosh Fetal Medicine in NYC can speak about several topics related to high-risk pregnancy, when to worry and when not to, what are the best nutritional guidelines, weightlifting and exercising during pregnancy (is CrossFit healthy when pregnant?), eating your placenta, dangers of home-births, etc.
Dr. Ira Jaffe is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and comes to ROSH Maternal-Fetal Medicine with 17 years of experience providing comprehensive obstetrical and gynecologic care to women. He attended the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school and completed his residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in Greenwich Village. Dr. Jaffe brings his expertise in high-risk obstetrics, vaginal breech deliveries & VBAC. He has a very low c-section rate and is committed to helping women manage high-risk pregnancies resulting in a normal birth experience.
In addition to these expertise, Dr. Jaffe is specially trained in osteopathic relief of pregnancy back pain. This training is based on a model of health and healing that focuses on the whole person as opposed to one organ at a time and gives him the ability to offer effective, safe treatments for the common aches and pains that accompany pregnancy and the post partum period. He has extensive experience performing laparoscopic hysterectomies, managing ovarian masses, treating endometriosis and performing procedures that allow a woman to go home the same day of surgery and resume normal activities within 1 to 2 weeks.
On tonight's episode of The Johnny Powers Show, J.P. will talk with Claudia Booker. Ms. Booker is a CPM, home birth midwife and doula who encapsulates placentas. She is the owner of DC Birthing Hands in Washington DC. We will ask Ms. Booker about the benefits that women receive from eating their placenta and what some of the reasons some doctors may be skeptical. Here is a link to an artice featuring Ms. Booker on MSN Healthy Living website. http://healthyliving.msn.com/pregnancy-parenting/advice/moms-should-you-eat-your-placenta
Please join host Johnny Powers for this and more on tonight's episode of The Johnny Powers Show. Please follow the show on Twitter at www.twitter.com/@iamjohnnypowers and join the conversation on Facebook at www.facebook.com/johnnypowersshow
Ladies, have you or would you eat your placenta to try to reap the benefits some say it gives to women? Please like and comment on our Facebook page.
Man eats placenta tacos, Vampire therapy for keeping young, Spy plane shuts down LAX (airport), Man sues to marry his computer, Scientists create life from artificial DNA, Harvard to host satanic black mass, Gay bishop divorcing his gay husband, and much more!
La Fiesta de la Trashumancia incluirá un bolsín taurino y la bajada de las vacas a la ciudad
Antena 3 Noticias
La placenta de yegua, un riesgo sin garantías para Diego Costa
Join Sara Bingham, WeeHands Founder and author of The Baby Signing Book, each week as she shares parenting tips, language development strategies, and the joys of connecting with your baby, toddler and/or preschool child.
This week, Sara will chat with Meagan Pa, a childbirth educator, doula and WeeHands Instructor about supporting new moms. Meagan is also mom, Childbirth Doula, Bradley Instructor, & Placenta Encapsulation Specialist.
Learn more about how WeeHands and signing with your baby at www.weehands.com or share with us on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/weehands.
Tonight our incredible special guest is: Suzanne Pontow, PhD, is a cell biologist focusing her research on neonatal stem cells at the Institute for Regenerative Cures within the UC Davis Health System in Sacramento. Dr. Pontow received her BS in General Sciences from University of Iowa in 1985, and her PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology from Washington University School of Medicine in 1995. After 11 years studying how HIV infects cells, Dr. Pontow joined the laboratory of Jan Nolta, PhD, Director of the Institute for Regenerative Cures. The move to UC Davis allowed Dr. Pontow to pursue an interest in the remarkable stem cells that are routinely discarded with the placenta and umbilical cord following birth. In 2010, Dr. Pontow and Jon Walker, CLS were named Co-directors of the Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program for the state of California, which is administered from the UC Davis Health System
Weekly live webcast/podcast devoted to discussion of news and politics from the perspective of Ayn Rand's philosophy, Objectivism. Hosted by Amy Peikoff.
Today we can't resist talking about the Obama Administration lackey who called Brett Baier "Dude" on Fox News yesterday. It's a perfect encapsulation of the Obama Administration: Its conviction that it has the media in its pocket, its contempt for the American people, its lack of decorum, its refusal to be held accountable---both for its failure to do its job, and for its insistence on doing a whole bunch of things that aren't its job. A number of the stories we will discuss today touch on this theme, but there's a lot more as you'll see in the program notes at www.dontletitgo.com.
Join Charlotte Duzong and Stephanie Banguilan as they talk about being mompreneurs!
Stephanie is the mom of 2 beautiful souls, a Hypnobabies instructor, birth doula, placenta encapsulator, birth junkie, and homeschooler. “In my 'spare time' I love to knit, play with my websites and be at the beach.” Her passion is teaching and empowering others to make the best decision for them and their families.
As president and founder of Smart Creative Mompreneur, Charlotte inspires and coaches busy, purpose-driven moms to intentionally create more time, space and energy for their dreams and goals.
For more on Charlotte please visit: smartcreativemompreneur.com
Please "LIKE" Universal Energy Radio on Facebook by clicking HERE!
This show IS brought to you by Awakened Spirit Expo.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- John Baptist (104 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (28 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (23 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (14 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (14 chatters)
- Curious Times (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (13 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (8 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- canadianglen (8 chatters)
- Quagmire America (7 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (7 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- DDP Radio (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (4 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (4 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (4 chatters)
- illblogradio (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (3 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- DLFootball (2 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Interface (1 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (1 chatters)
- The Elite Fiction Network (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (0 chatters)