SORT BY Relevancy
Transportation reporter Dave Forster joins Pilot Radio to discuss issues with billing. Forster has been following the issue of the region’s first large-scale venture into all-electronic tolling for the last eight months. On Tuesday, Sept. 23, The Virginian-Pilot published a story that outlined the various challenges - at least a half dozen - that motorists have exprienced since the venture went into effect eight months ago.
Join Dave at 11 a.m. Tuesday to talk about the tolls and what motorists can do to help themselves.
Pilot Radio speaks with columnist Jamesetta Walker about her cover story "Natural Beauty" - a brief look inside the world of natural hair and the social implications of donning natural hair among women of color. Jamesetta examined the topic from the view of the founder of a hair and fashion expo this weekend in Newport News that promotes natural hair and teaches women how to care for their natural mane. Jamesetta provides commentary on fashion, lifestyle and consumer affairs.
If you are a planet ...
You have huge mass, a set trajectory, inability to explore other planets. There is no objective reality because life on other planets has no relevance for life on your planet. Your experience is 3-dimensional. All experiences are equally relevant. You have a gravitational field around you affects everything around you. There are different conditions on each planet.
If you are a pilot...
You have small mass, so you can change course at will based on your map. Your biggest assets are maneuverability, your quantity of maps, and the quality of your maps. To maintain high quality, you must visit planets. To maintain high quantity, you must explore. Space is always 2-dimensional – going from point A to point B. You need a variety of technologies, skills for using technologies, and cultural skills for interacting with people on different planets.
There are 3 kinds of maps.
1. Map of a planet and its regions,
2. Map of planets in the context of other planets
3. Map of galaxy in context of other galaxies
However, "the map is not the territory." No matter how many maps you have, and no matter how good they are, you cannot substitute a map for an experience. The larger your ship, the more skills you need!
Pilot for Tech Talk
Gregory Schuch goes in and out of technology and shares EVERYTHING with you!
Why read articles when you can listen to them!
We discuss iOS, Mac OS, and Chrome OS.
We also discuss new technologies.
And Technology soon to be released.
ALL RECORDING IS LIVE
2014 ©DrAlpha Recordings
All Rights Reserved
This will be our first airing of the show YardieSkeptics! In this pilot episode we introduce ourselves and our work, explain why it is important to foster skepticism and critical thinking, lay out the case of a secular Jamaica and have fun while doing all that! We'll be ironing out any kinks in our equipment so keep an eye out for the occasional blooper - this episode will be a collector's item! Tune in and hangout with YardieSkeptics.
This installment of The Forbidden Fruit will look into the crash of the Germanwings Flight 9525. WTF? Are pilots now using their company's jet to commit suicide? Whatever happen to the old fashion gun barrel to the head? Who kills themselves and takes 150 unwilling people with them? They say when it's your time, it's your time, but happens when it's just the co-pilot's time? Are we overthinking this security thing? Before 9/11, this probably couldn't have happened. Did the Airline know the mental status of the co-pilot? I blame this on the Airline and Homeland Security. I want to get back to the days of dropping off and picking up a love one at the gate. Sadly to say, those days are more than likely gone for good and now reduced to just folk stories passed down from generation to generation. So fasten your seat belts and return your seat to the full upright position because this show may be a bumpy ride.
Call in number is 347-202-0492 or just use Skype.
Pilot business reporter Carolyn Shapiro covers consumer affairs, the retail industry, utilities and telecommunications for The Virginian-Pilot's business desk.
She will share with us the inside scoop of some of the region's big retail projects, like the Dollar Tree/Family Dollar merger, the overhaul of Lynhaven Mall and the sale of McArthur Center, and the closing of Sears at Chesapeake Square. This is part two of our final conversation with Carrie about retail in Hampton Roads.
Tune in to Pilot Radio today at 3:00 p.m.
We must trust God , for he will guide and protect us and give us his grace to make it through every hardship..God says i am with you i will help you i will take good care of you.The pilot trusted his instruments to guide him through the storm you need to trust the lord to help you through times of uncertainty in your life.only God knows exacctly where you are, where you need to go, and what route you need to take to get there.
Join us for the ReBroadcast of the Pilot Episode of the "KBK Today Show!" If you missed it, you can join and may have a word at the end of the show.
The KBK KAI Internet Radio Network (Kuro-Bushi-Kai Karate Association International) is a media event and service featuring news, interviews, profiles, commentary and hard hitting answers to the KBK family and friends in the worldwide community of martial artis.
In today's episode, blogger Sacerdotus speaks on events in the news regarding the burning of a Jordanian pilot held in captivity, the Metronorth crash in New York, Pope Francis opening a barber shop for the homeless, and President Obama's comments during the National Prayer Breakfast.
Images are from Google Images.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- John Baptist (83 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (58 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (29 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (28 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (27 chatters)
- DDP Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (17 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (15 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (14 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (10 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (10 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (8 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (8 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (7 chatters)
- ShadySykes (7 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- Living Off The Grid Radio (6 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (6 chatters)
- ALL NATIONALIST NETWORK (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Bobby Brown Bail and Beyond (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- New Colony Network (3 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- The Tea with Rie (2 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Hahn America Radio (2 chatters)
- Incubi Incarnate Broadcast (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Dating Radio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Anonymous North Texas (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- allah team (1 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Relax Let Go Be with Charles (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Vision Avant (0 chatters)