SORT BY Relevancy
With the exception of #Benghazi, Pigford is Obama's biggest and worst reported scandal. And it just got MESSY as a new defamation lawsuit filed by one the lawsuit's biggest supporters threatens to expose the black farmer fraud for the scam that it is.
Arkansas farmer Jimmy Dismuke is on of the main Pigford whistlenblowers...and you'll be blown away by what he has to say about fraud in the farmer settlements.
Lee talks about different stuff.
The Independent Black Farmers held a Press Conference in Town Creek, AL. at the farm of Mr. Michael Stovall, a Black farmer who has been fighting the USDA for 20 years.
Robert R. Binion a Black farmer from Clanton, Al., spoke at the press conference and he said that he prevailed in the Pigford lawsuit and was told if you were paid $50,000, you would receive “injunctive relief”. However, according to Mr. Binion he does not know of one farmer who prevailed that was given “injunctive relief.” He said, “We were talking about $200,000 cash money for each farmer but we accepted this low ball figure of $50,000 in this consent decree only because we expected to get ‘injunctive relief’ — proper servicing on USDA programs and loans after the lawsuit.
Mr. Stovall’s chicken houses have been sitting empty for 12 and one half years. Mr. Stovall has been in and out of court suing the USDA for 20 years in which there has been numerous findings of discrimination and breaches of contracts but nothing has been done. The Justice Department seems to be working for the USDA, not for the farmers. Mr. Stovall said, “The Justice Committee must investigate the USDA and the Department of Justice. I have been denied loans to purchase farms. I have had a contract to purchase a cattle farm, but the seller reneged after I had bought the cows.
Mr. Ferrell Oden has been fighting the USDA for 6 years. He applied for a loan to set up a fish farm. He was denied and the farm was sold to another white farmer. Mr. Oden said, “I filed a complaint of discrimination at USDA headquarters in DC. Then in 2009 the national USDA office told the local USDA office in Alabama that I had complained.
Please join Host Antoinette Harrell and her special guests: Michael Stovall, Ferrell Oden.
I often call out liberal sites for bad blogging, biased writing and straight up bullying.
Blog "The Conservative Treehouse" has gone too far, mangling the facts of two stories I've covered extensibely -- the Pigford Black Farmers settlement and the Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman.
I'll talk about the truth on this special episode.
Please tune in to Critical Discourse ths Saturday morning, as we continue our Back to the Earth series, in suport of our black farmers / black land reform effort, bringing back to the table, Mr. John Zippert, of the Federation of Southern Farmers.
We will learn more about the PIgford litigation, and its impact on the black farmers. IN addition, we hope to cover ongoing efforts to address Hispanic and women farmers.
As I've noted on past shows, this one topic has given me a meaure of hope and a sign that the sinews, the "dry bones" are taking on "flesh".
We must work forward, in making all of this a reality.
Our host, Dr. Ridgely Mu'min makes a call to action for Black farmers that have discrimination complaints against the USDA going back over 30 years and, have had 14 years to observe the behavior of the USDA after the Pigford lawsuit - out of court settlement in 1999. Today, those farmers who went to court to save their properties have been and continue to be foreclosed on, while the public believes that the farmers have gotten paid.
To get an update and understand the details about how the suffering black farmers are now seeking change be here,at the show, on Saturday, September 28th, at 8:00pm. EDT.
Thank you for contributing to our community improvement program. For details see at the top of our show page. And, we are interested in your thoughts about our program including topics and guest that you might want to hear from. Leave us a message on the programmer's facebook page, or send an email. Have a great day!
This episode is about how people are defrauding the federal government and making application for $50,000 by filing false claims to receive federal funds.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (96 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (62 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (52 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (34 chatters)
- HOV Radio (32 chatters)
- NTEB (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (19 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- Ms Blue (14 chatters)
- Black Author Network (11 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (10 chatters)
- Latino Rebels Radio (9 chatters)
- NDB Media (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (8 chatters)
- David Coney (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio Ministries (6 chatters)
- Intuitive Heart Radio (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (5 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisMedia (3 chatters)
- The NY Hip Hop Report (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (3 chatters)
- The Black Geeks (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- amyalkon (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- ABQ Sports Crew Radio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- Man Law LIVE (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)