SORT BY Relevancy
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) affects up to 18 million American women. Many cases go undiagnosed, while others are prescribed ineffective treatments.
Why? Because the current understanding of PCOS is flawed.
Stefani Ruper, author of PCOS Unlocked, stops by UW Radio to point out these flaws and to share what treatment options actually work.
In this episode Sean and Stefani will discuss:
* The primary causes of PCOS
* Why PCOS causes infertility
* The three different types of PCOS
* How PCOS impacts underweight and overweight women
* How diet and lifestyle can strengthen the body against PCOS
They will also discuss why women are more prone than men to experience acne, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and gut disorders.
Order PCOS Unlocked: The Manual at www.pcosbook.com
Visit Stefani's website at www.paleoforwomen.com
Hosted by Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness.
Registered Nurse and Health Coach, Candice Rosen, joins Sasha Ottey on the PCOS Challenge radio show to speak about how to get relief from PCOS by improving the health of your pancreas. Candice is the creator of the Pancreatic Nutritional Program and the author of The Pancreatic Oath, a book for health conscious people searching for improved wellness and weight loss through diet and blood glucose regulation.
Join PCOS Challenge and other women in the fight against Polycystic Ovary Syndrome at PCOSChallenge.com.
Are you in the 5 -10 % of American women who has PCOS? PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is the most common female hormone disorder. It causes signs and symptoms such as:
Excessive hair growth on face, chest and elsewhere
Oily skin / acne
Annovulation (no cycling /period)
Thinning hair at the crown
Weight gain at the waist
It is a disorder which stems from insulin resistence, which cause excess testostorone to be produced. It is also connected to:
Type 2 Diabetes
Our guest Amy Medling struggled with PCOS, requiring the use of fertility treatments to give birth to two sons. When her troubling PCOS symptoms persisted, she researched diet, lifestyle and exerecise regimes to control it naturally. She is now happily symptom free and conceived her daughter naturally.
Amy now works as a health coach at PCOS Diva, an online company she founded. We are honored to have her on the show to share her success story as well as share her secrets that have helped her thousands of clients have the same success.
To learn more about your host, Bridgit Danner, LAc, please visit bridgitdanner.com. Aside from this podcast, we have a second fertility podcast, a you tube channel, and blog on women's health. Have health and have freedom!
Peter Jundt is an independent insurance agent licensed in GA, SC, WI and MN. He is an expert in insurance and has studied the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) and its complexities. Peter joins Sasha Ottey on the PCOS Challenge Radio Show to speak about health insurance options for women with PCOS and to answer some of your questions about health insurance.
Join other women in the fight against Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome at PCOSChallenge.com.
Dr. Shahab Minassian, former Co-Director of the nationally recognized Center for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome at Drexel, and a founding member of the Androgen Excess and PCOS Society joins the PCOS Challenge radio show to answer your questions about PCOS and infertility.
Join other women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in the fight against PCOS at PCOSChallenge.com.
Dr. M. Tracy Bekx is a pediatric endocrinologist who specializes in Adolescent Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and Pediatric Diabetes Care and is co-founder of the Adolescent Multidisciplinary PCOS Clinic at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Dr. Bekx joins the PCOS Challenge radio show to speak about PCOS in girls and women: getting diagnosed, treated and managing your health to prevent other illnesses.
Join other women and girls with PCOS at PCOSChallenge.com.
Polycyctis Ovarian Syndrome affects a woman's health and her fertility. Diagnosing PCOS is often difficult and treatment can be complicated. With proper treatment for PCOS and often with fertility treatment, many women are able to get pregnant. Host Dawn Davenport will interview Dr. Jeanne O’Brien to discuss the latest research in diagnosing and treating Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and especially how to get pregnant with PCOS. Dr. O'Brien is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. She is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and practices at Shady Grove Fertiltiy Center in Maryland.
Blog summary of the show and highlights can be found here:
More Creating a Family resources on PCOS can be found here.
Have you recently (or not so recently) come off the birth control pill and been diagnosed with PCOS due to symptoms like lack of ovulation, ovarian cysts, acne or irregular cycles. Tune in to find out why this is happening to you and learn specific steps you can take to start addressing your post-pill PCOS diagnosis.
Dr. Ricardo Azziz, President of Georgia Regents University and CEO of Georgia Regents Health System is one of the biggest names in PCOS research. Dr. Azziz joins the PCOS Challenge radio show to speak about PCOS research over the past few decades, what we've learned about the condition and how to apply what we have learned to improve the health of women and girls with PCOS.
According to the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education, nearly 5% of women in their reproductive years have Polycycstic Ovarian Syndrome.
The related signs and symptoms, such as menstrual irregularity, infertility, high blood sugar, acne and obesity, may not lead to an accurate diagnons of PCOS.
Today we'll interview a true expert in the field of women's health, fertility and PCOS, Dr. Fiona McCulloch, ND of the White Lotuc Clinic in Toronto, Ontario.
Here's what I'm excited to ask Dr. Fiona:
How is PCOS defined?
Who gets PCOS and why?
What are the implications and symptoms of PCOS?
How can PCOS effect our fertility?
How can we get tested for PCOS?
What are our natural treatment options for PCOS?
What are some PCOS success stories you can share?
If you are curious about the common disease in women, please join us for this call! Live questions can be taken by calling in at the above number.
Dr. Fiona's Facebook page
Dr. Fiona's twitter account
Subscribe to this podcast at blogtalkradio, itunes or on your andriod device! Just search 'womens wellness radio' to find us. We really appreciate your comments and rating on itunes.
Learn more about your host, Bridgit Danner, and her women's health resources at bridgitdanner.com.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Gail Sheehy. Gail Sheehy is the author of sixteen books, including the classic New York Times bestseller Passages, named one of the ten most influential books of our times by the Library of Congress. A multiple award-winning literary journalist, she was one of the original contributors to New York magazine and has been a contributing editor to Vanity Fair since 1984. She returns with her inspiring memoir — a chronicle of her trials and triumphs as a groundbreaking “girl” journalist in the 1960s, to iconic guide for women and men seeking to have it all, to one of the premier political profilers of modern times. A popular lecturer, Sheehy was named AARP's Ambassador of Caregiving in 2009. She lives in New York City.
this episode Q&A includes:
• chickweed and comfrey for opening up oil glands in eyes..
• removing skin cancer with Mohs and calendula oil around stiched area...
• PCOS and wanting to conceive..
• praise for violet infusions and eczema..
• HPV- 90% of cases clear up on their own without any treatment..
• lingering nerve pain and tingling from viral meningitis- hypericum perforatum..
• preparation of seeds and meats..
• marijuana is the specific herb for glaucoma..
• reacurring vaginal yeast infection- check out Down There Sexual and Reproductive Health The Wise Woman Way
• and much more...
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (72 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (34 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (11 chatters)
- Bellesprit (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (6 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (6 chatters)
- MABIM (6 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- The Turbo Nerds0 (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- In the Authors Corner with Etienne (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- redmaryland (3 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- world street hip hop (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- 65344 (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- Nur uz Zamaan Radio (1 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (1 chatters)