SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. May Caprio and Linda Cundiff will unlock some mysteries and myths around sleep. How can we get better sleep, even if we're living with chronic pain? We'll find out the answers to these questions and more on June 3, 2015 at 3pm.
True or False?
1. The more sleep I get, the healthier I'll be.
2. Waking up at night means that I'll be tired the next day.
3. Snoring is common and totally harmless.
4. It's important to always keep track of how much I sleep.
5. Pain increases the amount of time in Stage 1 light sleep.
Dr. May Caprio is a registrant of the College of Psychologists of British Columbia providing psychological services for the Pain Program at the Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria as a member of the interdisciplinary team. She has practiced in the area of pain management, neuropsychology and brain injury. She has been a consultant in private industry, providing psychological assessments, individual psychotherapy and marriage counselling, and has given presentations on sleep, memory enhancement, stress management, and optimal performance.
Linda Cundiff is an Occupational therapist and co-leader in the sleep and pain program working with the RJH Pain Program. She has been an occupational therapist since 1982. It is a privilege to work in a field that is practical, holistic and client focused. Linda has worked with Royal Jubilee Pain Program since its inception 8 years ago and has developed and integrated many programs that clients request, and sleep is definitely one of those. Linda is currently working on the PainBC pain champion program for occupational therapists in the province.
My guest this week is Kimmy Simonsen, who will speak about her personal experiences with one of the most painful health conditions around. She will also talk about her advocacy work with the RSD/CRPS Angels project and the JGF Organization.
Be sure to call into the show with your questions for me or Kimmy. The number is (347) 945-7387. See everyone tomorrow!
You can contact Kimmy via her Facebook page for RSD/CRPS Angels here:
For an easy to understand educational video on CRPS, visit my Don't Punish Pain YouTube Channel:
Elizabeth M. Christy lives in Northern Virginia with her husband James, son Jimmy (5), and daughter Lucy (newborn). She is the best-selling author of the children’s book "Why Does Mommy Hurt? Helping Children Cope with having a Caregiver with Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, or Autoimmune Disease," and blogs on parentswithpain.com and potomacfallsmama.blogspot.ca. Additionally, she works as a Systems Integrator for TASC. In addition to basic survival, Elizabeth enjoys writing, sewing (especially in straight lines!), and reading good memoirs.
“Why Does Mommy Hurt?” is a great resource to talk to children about chronic pain and illness. On this episode, we'll discuss the guilt and shame many parents suffering from chronic pain feel about their parenting. The fact is that parents with chronic pain or illness can be just as awesome as “normal” parents when it comes to raising kids, and if you love your kids, that’s all that matters. We may not be able to walk a mile to the playground, cook a 7-course organic meal from scratch, or volunteer on a field trip to the amusement park, but that’s not what really matters. If you love your kids, you will find your own way, and your kids will know it. Also, many parents in this situation feel very alone, especially when first diagnosed. There are millions of families out there in the same situation, you are not alone, and you have support out there waiting for you!
Is there a link between nutrition and pain? Tune in on Friday, January 30, 2015 @ 11am to find out.
Dr. Caroline Coombs, ND is a licenced naturopathic physician and health educator. She currently teaches weekly sessions on Nutrition for pain management at the ChangePain clinic in Vancouver. She also runs private practices in Vancouver and Port Moody and is the resident Naturopathic physician for the LULORA collective, an online health and wellness company.
Caroline’s interest in pain and nutrition began as a child when she saw her father recover from chronic pain using nutrition. She is passionate about sharing evidence-based nutritional advice to those in chronic pain that will help them decrease inflammation, heal more efficiently and prevent all types of chronic illness. http://www.changepain.ca/dr-caroline-coombs-nd/
Don't miss your chance to ask questions! Call (877) 289-0308 (toll-free) to ask Dr. Caroline Coombs your questions.
Pain Waves Radio is sponsored by Pain BC. Whether you're living with pain; supporting someone in pain; or providing care to patients in pain... we offer the tools and resources to help you!
The last thing you want to think about at the end of a long day is what you’ll be making for dinner, and your family doesn’t need another meal from a bag or a box.
In this episode, you will learn 4 ways a crockpot can be your very best friend.
For more, check out - https://paindoctor.com/every-chronic-pain-patient-crockpot/
This week we talk about the challenges faced by anyone who is male and suffering with Fibromyalgia. My special guests this week are Nick Lutes and his girlfriend Kimberly Magnus. We'll delve into the challenges Nick has faced, and the obstacles Kim has had to overcome in choosing to be in a relationship with someone who is chronically ill.
Nick and Kimberly are dedicated advocates for people with Fibromyalgia. Be sure to visit their pages (listed below).
Be sure to follow them on Twitter as well: @NickFFU and @KimFFU.
Please join us this Saturday, June 13th at 12PM Pacific for an enlightening half-hour show.
Call into the show at (347) 945-7387 to talk to me or my guests!
*Note: If you missed the live recording and still want to ask questions, please email Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us as we interview Gemma Isaac, an accredited (MTA) music therapist and certified in Neurologic Music Therapy. As the music therapist at the Burns, Plastic and Trauma Unit (BPTU) at VGH, Gemma facilitates music therapy programs for patients, their families, and healthcare staff alike. http://gemmamusictherapy.com/
How does music therapy work?
Music therapy is facilitated through a variety of interventions including patient song choices, music making, song writing, improvisation, and guided relaxation. Other times, the music therapist works alongside other healthcare disciplines such as nurses, physiotherapist, or occupational therapist, using music during physical rehabilitation to inspire movement and promote encouragement by accompanying movement through musical cues, which also helps peoople become distracted from the pain. Visit www.mtabc.com or www.musicheals.ca for more info.
Don't miss your chance to ask questions! How can music therapy help you and your loved ones better deal with pain?
Pain Waves Radio is sponsored by Pain BC
Whether you’re living with pain; supporting someone in pain; or providing care to patients in pain… we offer tools and resources to help you! Join us! Together, we can make a difference.
DOOMSDAY TALK RADIO... BIBLE CODE LOTTERY... BIBLE CODE PREDICTS PASTOR HARRY WILL WIN A MEGA LOTTERY BEFORE SEPT 28 2015- THE 4TH BLOOD MOON AND RESTART JESUS' LOST CHURCH... MEGA MILLIONS IS @ $253 MM... THE LOST PROPHECY THAT UNLOCKS REVELATION... AND WHY THE CHURCHES SO FEAR IT! more @ www.satansrapture.com/
Debbie's believes that we can all make a difference in our communities and ultimately the world, if we were to share our journey's and our experiences with each other. Debbie's greatest desire is to inspire others to overcome life issues and fulfill their dreams and purpose. Join Debbie for inspirational talks every Tuesday at 8:30 pm GMT.
We were last looking at pain, this is a three part series looking at Pain, Process and Purpose. I have dealt with pain and process, Tonight is the final part. I will be talking about purpose. Do you know what your purpose is or have you lost all sight of what you should be doing?
Join me to get a clearer understanding about how to go through pain and process to live a more purposeful in life.
Join me LIVE this Saturday, June 27th at 12 PM Pacific / 2 PM Central with my guest Mary Hiebel.
Mary is very active in her advocacy efforts for all those who suffer with the very painful condition known as Interstitial Cystitis, and she'll share her story and her hopes for the future with us.
Be sure to call in to the show and ask Mary your questions: The call-in number is (347) 945-7387.
You can find Mary on Facebook at the following pages:
For an easy to understand educational video about Interstitial Cystitis, click on the link below:
Welcome to the month of June 2015. The monh of Prophetic ILLUMINATION. You will SHINE forth this SEASON. In John.3.21 (KJV)
"But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
Since you are covenant PRACTITIONER of GLORIOUS TRUTH, nothing under any circumstance pocess the CAPACITIES to STOP you from shinning out of WHAT YOU ARE IN RIGHT NOW. The lord told me to encourage you to OPEN YOUR EYES AND MIND UP TO GRAP OPPORTUNITIES THIS SEASON. TOPIC--- WHEN GOD IS IN IT
Expect God to show up strong in your life this month. Join us every Saturday @11PM(CET), 10PM(GMT), 5PM(EST) 4PM (CENTRAL)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (95 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (50 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (28 chatters)
- The Portal (26 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (16 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Witch School (12 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (10 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (9 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- American Statesman (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (5 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Euphoric Network Media (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (4 chatters)
- Ron March Show (4 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- Race Fans Rock Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Mecca James Show (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (3 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- ENERGY READER Brenda (3 chatters)
- Its The Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (2 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Social Change Action Network (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Nitelifer Circle of Sanity (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- 63289 (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- constitutional freedom network (1 chatters)
- E3 Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Papa Lou (0 chatters)