SORT BY Relevancy
The American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's Let's Talk Trains travels to the 2014 Railroad Passenger Car Alliance convention in Branson, Missouri this week. We will learn what the Alliance does for Passenger Car Owners and what it means for the railfan.
Founded in 1982, the Railroad Passenger Car Alliance was created as a resource to owners and operators of privately owned railroad passenger equipment. The primary goal was to coordinate efforts for pooling their equipment for mainline steam excursions. The popularity of the organization quickly grew and today includes over 400 members.
As mainline steam excursions ceased, the organization changed the mission statement to include promoting the preservation and operation of historic railroad equipment, addressing the issues facing equipment owners and working with the nation's railroads and Amtrak to facilitate the operation and movement of member's passenger cars.
Today R.P.C.A. is a growing and forward thinking organization led by a Board of Directors who are railroad industry professionals, and are capable of thinking outside the box. Dedicated to preserving a unique and enjoyable mode of transportation.
Since the movie Polar Express, Christams trains modeled on the Polar Express have become almost as big as Thomas for museum fund raising efforts. Not just museums, but shortline railroads and even some Class I's have joined the effort. Bob and Elizabeth will talk about many of these activities on Saturday's show. In addition to talking about many of these trains, we'd like to hear about what is taking place in various parts of the country. Please call us with your activities at 646-716-7106 or join us on the web at www.letstalktrains.com. The show starts at 10:00 AM Pacific/1:00 PM Eastern.
The youngest engineer to ever operate an Amtrak train over Donner Pass visits the American Passenger Heritage Foundation's Let's Talk Trains program. Jonathan Dockins and his mom Dee Dee, stop by to talk about their adventure and how it all came to be, They will lead us through the trip of a lifetime. We will also find out what has happened since coming back home to the Jackson, Missouri area. Join us by calling in and asking questions to Engineer Dockins at 646-716-7106.
On this edition of the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's Let's Talk Trains, we will discuss the role model trains play at Christmas. Model Trains have been a part of Christmas as long most of us can remember. From going to the local department store window to the President's park, Model trains can be found in lots of places. Please join us as we wander around the country with Christmas trains.
This week, on a very special edition of the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's The Let's Talk Trains Show, a lot of railfans will be traveling towards Roanoke, Va. as Norfolk & Western No. 611 steams back to her birthplace. During the show, KC Nathan will be on the train--with 611 leading the way--as Skip Waters will be at the controls to make sure that we don't have any major issues.
Be sure to check in either late Sunday, or Monday, as KC Nathan will have a recap show, including additional interviews from the event.
This week, on the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's "The Let's Talk Trains Show," Kansas City Nathan travels two-hours east to the Missouri State Fairgrounds, in Sedalia, Missouri, for the Trails End event (www.thetrailsend.org). The event celebrates the men who drove cattle from Texas to the closest railhead towards Chicago. The fairgrounds are built right along the former M-K-T route, which is now the KATY Trail State Park. One of the major events going on at the fairgrounds is the Trails End Model Train Show & Collectible Show, which is being ran by members of the APRHF.
Be sure to join us!
Just like "24 Hours @ Saginaw" we are attending "12 Hours @ Temple" for NATIONAL TRAIN DAY! A 12 hour extravaganza railwatching event to be held in Temple, Texas on the Temple Railroad and Heritage Museum grounds. It's also the Amtrak Station. There is a lot planned when attending this event, Let's Talk Trains plans to share as much as we can for the short 2 hours we are there. Listen in or better yet, come join us for some real rail fun! And don't forget to call in and tell us what you are doing on NATIONAL TRAIN DAY 2015! Your host for this event is Skip Waters.
Have you ever set out to watch, photograph, video trains and just happen to stop somewhere along the right-of-way, and find a special place that someone created, for themselves or the non-railfan that has a model railroad running? During the last couple of months, we have and we will tell you about some of them on this week's American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's Let's Talk Trains program. Let's discover some interesting places.
This week, Chris talks about reaching his 1,400,000.0 rail-mile, why it took so long, and what he will be up to next. We will have some guests on join us and Chris will relive his past trips with you. We will talk about the Chris' trips in the United States, Mexico and Canada, as well as tourist trains and along with rare-mileage trips. He will tell you all about what he has done since we last shared with you on this show. Join us for a very interesting show this week. You can listen live or in the archieves.
Your host is Skip Waters, organizer of the 10th Annual "24 Hours @ Saginaw" 2015, a 24 hour railwatching event sponsored by the North Texas Chapter, NRHS. Joining us will be local guests attending "24 Hours @ Saginaw" as we share the fun and exciting activities happening at the Saginaw Chamber of Commerce depot in Saginaw, Texas. Lots to hear and talk about. Join us and our regular callers at 10:00 AM Pacific, 12:00 Noon Central Time. The call in telephone number is 646-716-7106
This week on the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's The Let's Talk Trains Show, Kansas City Nathan and co-host APRHF President Bob Cox, will be discussing the world of railroading communications via signaling. Joining us this week, as our Featured Guest, will be Lindsey Fowlers, who worked for the ICG in the Signal Department in Illionis & parts of Missouri.
Join us, as we talk about the history of signaling, why different versions of signalling throughout the country, and so on.
Welcome to the RLS Network where we provide Real Life Solutions to Real Life Situations for Christ-Centered living.
RLS Network presents "DAILY DISH" w/Lady Halima. Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/RLSNetwork2015
Listen to archive recordings - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rlsnetwork
The core of Lady Halima Ministries is to LEARN the Word of God, apply what you learn to GROW & as you grow you will CONQUER! www.ladyhalimaministries.org
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (56 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (21 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (11 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- dtm radio (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (6 chatters)
- Thats Novel (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (5 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (4 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Poetic Soul (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (4 chatters)
- Soul Talk Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Stand For Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- ridgewalkerradio (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries Intl (2 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (2 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (2 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (2 chatters)
- The Way Walkers (2 chatters)
- The Urban Release (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- talking paranormal2 (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- American Peoples Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- In Todays America (1 chatters)
- NextPhaze Radio (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (0 chatters)