SORT BY Relevancy
The Paralympic Games are a major international multi-sport event where athletes with a physical disability compete; this includes athletes with mobility restrictions, amputations, blindness, and cerebral palsy. Elisabeth Walker Young an accomplished Paralympic swimmer, Victoria Nolan is a rower and
July 17, 2012: A trio of physical therapists provided rare insight into the treatment of Olympic and Paralympic athletes leading up to London 2012.
Guests were Amber Donaldson, PT, DPT, SCS, CSCS, manager of the United States Olympic Committee sports medicine clinic in Colorado Springs, Denise Hutchins, PT, MS, chief classifier for the International Paralympic Committee, and Scott Weiss, PT, DPT, ATC, CSCS, owner and clinical director of Bodhizone for Human Performance & Sports Physical Therapy, PC.
Subscribe to Move Forward Radio podcasts on iTunes.
To learn more about physical therapy, visit MoveForwardPT.com.
Despite being one of the youngest sled hockey players on Team USA’s roster, Greg Shaw played in all 16 games of the 2007-2008 season. At the 2008 IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships, Shaw netted his first national team goal to help Team USA win the bronze medal. Shaw was also part of the 2010 gold medal Paralympic Sled Hockey National Team. In 2006, prior to playing on the U.S. Paralympics Sled Hockey National Team, Shaw helped the junior national team win the silver medal at the Ice Sledge Hockey Junior World Championships. Shaw supports the National Ability Center, and organization based in his hometown, whose mission is to develop lifetime skills for people of all ages and abilities by providing affordable sports and recreation experiences in a nurturing environment. When asked who the most influential person in his life, Shaw says, “I would have to say my dad has been the most influential person in my life because he raised me to never quit, so I don’t plan on it.”
2010: Gold medal – Paralympic Games, Vancouver, Canada
2010: Gold medal - 2010 Japan Para Ice Sledge Hockey Championships
2009: Paralympic team of the year
2009: Gold medal- World Championships, Ostrava, Czech Republic
2008: Bronze medal - IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships, Marlborough, Mass.
2006: Silver medal - Ice Sledge Hockey Junior World Championships
Andy Fleming, Executive Director, Friends of Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites, Inc.
Andy Fleming serves as executive director of Friends of Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites, a position he has held since June 2007. Prior to joining Friends in this capacity, Andy had served more than 25 years in leadership positions creating, leading and managing local and national nonprofit organizations in Paralympic sports.
From its inception in 1990 to its successful conclusion, Andy served as president and chief executive officer of the 1996 Atlanta Paralympic Games – the world’s second largest sporting event in 1996. Following the 1996 Paralympics, Andy led the creation and development of BlazeSports America, a national nonprofit organization serving children and young adults with physical disability.
Andy has served in a variety of volunteer capacities, including ten years on the U. S. Olympic Committee’s Committee on Sports for the Disabled, as a member of the board of trustees of Leadership Atlanta, the board of directors of the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau, and is an active member of the Atlanta Rotary Club.
Learn why saying NO is a skill every business owner can exercise to create more of what they really want. With three basic questions, Arla can help you pinpoint products or services that saying NO to will help you create more profit, free up your time and help you love your business.
Our Guest: Arla DeField is not only an exception to the cultural norm of being a people pleaser, she is an outstanding example of how powerful saying NO can be. Growing up with the challenges of a physical disability, Arla learned to say NO to other people's opinions, reactions and judgments. Arla has taken life on at full speed ahead by facing and overcoming the expectations of others! From being the only female shooter representing the USA at the 1992 Paralympics, to climbing a 30-foot pole to jump for a trapeze during a leadership training class, being credentialed as a business coach and co-authoring an internationally selling book of coaching questions, she attributes much of her success to the ability to say NO.
Your Host: Tai Goodwin is founder of Launch While Working.com, the official site for ambitious professionals running a business while working a 9 to 5. An intuitive career and business coach, Tai guides clients in owning their brilliance and getting their message out so they can have more impact and income. Over 6,000 listeners each month tune into her popular Launch Talk show, aired weekly on Blog Talk Radio. Her articles have been featured on Forbes.com, Careerealism.com and in CAREER Magazine.
Cox Business Report Host Todd Smith speaks with Top-Ranked Skier Ralph Green about his gold medal hopes in the Paralympics in Vancouver. Ralph is sponsored by Cox Communications.
Imagine being on the path of qualifying for the 1996 US Olympic Track and Field Team as a hurdler after becoming a 3-time All-American at the University of Arkansas to suffering a devastating injury that would lead to the loss of your leg. Through faith and family, John Register overcame that devastating loss-- first to compete as a Paralympic swimmer in the 1996 Atlanta games and to win a Silver Medal as a long jumper in the 2000 Paralympic Games in Sydney Australia. John’s story of “Hurdling Adversity” is an inspirational one he will share with World Footprints today.
Then, a new book co-written by History Professor Victor Silverman called California: On the Road Histories, takes readers through the Golden State’s rich history and heritage in a way that no other book ever has.
From Disaster to Triumph: An inspirational story of perseverance, overcoming obstacles & a gold medal winning performance
2012 Paralympic Gold Medalist Mallory Weggemann had her life changed on January 21, 2008. A routine epidural to help treat back pain left the college freshman paralyzed from the waist down. However, having been a competitive swimmer since the age of seven, she found one thing unchanged - her love for swimming. On April 8, 2008, Mallory returned to the pool, and has been breaking national and world records ever since. However, just days before the 2012 Paralympics, a controversial decision to move Mallory up a class left her competing against less disabled swimmers. Nonetheless, she defied the odds and won Gold in the 50m freestyle, which became one of the signature races during the Games.
Mallory joins D-Talks to share her story!
Brent Poppen is an author, substitute teacher, counselor and an international motivational speaker. A sports accident at age sixteen caused a spinal-cord injury that left him paralyzed for life. Brent became a quadriplegic, losing complete use of his legs with some paralysis in his upper extremities. This was an ending in many ways, but also a beginning to journeys he never dreamed! His spinal-cord injury did not paralyze his athletic dreams, because he has become one of the top disabled athle
The 2013 Walt Disney World marathon was the 20th anniversary race for runDisney. It was a fantastic weekend. Listen in as Jeff Galloway reflects on the event just before the start, Joe gets bombed by a bird, we meet a woman carrying the Olympic Torch, you'll hear from a blind runner preparing for the Paralympics, plus much, much more. We'll go to the expo then out on the course for all the fun. Enjoy.
Kelly Crowley, a sports fanatic who happened to be born with a “funny right arm,” is a Paralympic gold medalist in swimming (2004), a world-champion cyclist (Para-cycling Time Trial, 2007), and a professional cyclist. She is a member of the U.S. Paralympic Cycling Team for the London 2012 Paralympic Games. Results Paralympics 2012 Bronze: Individual Time Trial and Road Race
Paralympics- An international competition for athletes with disabilities. Jessica Long is a world record breaker, gold metal recipiant and all around athlete. Oh and a double amputee. Nothing about what she does screams disabled. For her dedication and talants she is heading to London for this years Paralympic games. But before then she is sharing her journey to the big game with us Wednesday at 1:30pm. For more about Jessica Long go here.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (108 chatters)
- Channel Panel (61 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (34 chatters)
- in5d (33 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (33 chatters)
- Omega Man (28 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (18 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (15 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (14 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (13 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (12 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (12 chatters)
- BITEradio me (10 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (10 chatters)
- PlanetGreenTrees (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- allietheissshow (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- It Matters Radio (7 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (6 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (6 chatters)
- MR MAGGOT (6 chatters)
- FRNARadio (6 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- CharHardin (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (5 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- Stone Soup Moving Feast (4 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (4 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (4 chatters)
- Kate Large (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (4 chatters)
- First Love Radio (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- Ryleigh Black (3 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Unexplained Investigators (3 chatters)
- THW Live (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Evolving Exotics (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- AskBhaVani (2 chatters)
- ATAZP LIVE (2 chatters)
- 1YAHFearingMan EstX1969 (2 chatters)
- Misterie Luv Company (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- InThe Plug (2 chatters)
- Israeli Stone (2 chatters)
- INSOMNIAC Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Gary L Wimmer (1 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- JIMMY LEE (1 chatters)
- Nikkology (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- BlazinRy Radio (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Faces Of Success Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- D Hour Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- The PSA with Patrick D Stewart (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Tarot Bitches (1 chatters)
- StonewallLive (1 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (1 chatters)
- Wrestling in 30 minutes or less (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WellFit Radio Chicago (1 chatters)