SORT BY Relevancy
Max Scherzer did everyone in Washington, D.C. a favor with his bid for his second no-hitter of the season this afternoon, momentarily distracting us all from the dugout drama after the Bryce Harper vs Jonathan Papelbon brawl. Scherzer gave up the first hit in the eighth, but the Washington Nationals beat the Cincinnati Reds, 5-1, then it was back to talk about Papelbon's suspension and Harper's role in the fracas...
The Washington Nationals dropped the series opener with the Miami Marlins in Miami. Fish starter Jose Fernandez improved to (15-0) in 23 career starts in Miami (an MLB record). The Nats acquired Phillies' closer Jonathan Papelbon before tonight's game... We'll talk about it all.
The Sports Debates / 12/16/2015
Jerry Chiles and Neal Toth debate on MLB, NHL and NFL topics at 9pm ET/6pm PT
* Best fits for key remaining free agents
* Sean Rodriguez agrees to deal to return to Pirates
* Giants & Johnny Cueto agree to deal
* Johnathan Papelbon has 17 teams on no-trade list
* Puig and Abrau make return to Cuba
* Jason Heyward: Cubs’ youth was ultimate reason why he chose Cubs
* The plus and minus of Pete Rose / The ban stays in place
* Phillies and Astros trade
* Aaron Barrett blames workload for elbow issues
* Grading the Western Conference
* Jarret Stoll picked up by Wild
* Blackhawks and Penguins trade
* Nate Thompson suspended
* Coyotes Mike Smith out 8 to 10 weeks
* Marc-Andre Fleury out indefinitely
* Patrick Kane’s franchise streak ends at 26 games
* KHL expands into China
* Semyon Varlamov brings 2-game save total to 76
* Brandon Marshall gets gift for Ryan Fitzpatrick
* Ryan Mallett to Ravens
* NFL trying to fix some officiating for playoffs
* Peyton Manning to begin practice
* LeGarrette Blount to miss remainder of season
* The Best Athlete
* Jerry Rice’s mark
* Ron Rivera not bothered by Charles Johnson tweets
* Andy Dalton will not need surgery
* Dalton/Gurley injury updates
* Chuck Pagano on job speculation: They can’t eat you
* The Andrew Luck delimma
The Sports Debates / 12/09/2015
Jerry Chiles and Ryan VanHofwegen debate on MLB and NBA topics at 9pm ET/6pm PT
* Alex Avila leaves Tigers for deal with White Sox
* Blue Jays bring back free-agent lefty J. A. Happ
* A’s acquire Jed Lowrie from Astros
* Yasiel Puig has physical altercation with sister
* Five potential trade destinations for Yasiel Puig
* Minors HR leader Mike Hessman to retire
* Top prospects for 2016 MLB draft
* Rod Carew hopes to get heart transplant
* Top relief pitchers in MLB
* Dave Roberts becomes Dodgers manager
* Jordan Zimmerman reach 5-year deal with Tigers
* Red Sox agrees to multiyear deal with Chris Young
* White Sox agree to 1-year deal with Dioner Navarro
* Padres/A’s make trade
* Barry Bonds could bolster Marlins sluggers as coach
* Twins sign Byung Ho Park
* Red Sox sign David Price
* Mariners sign catcher Chris Iannetta
* Top MLB starting pitchers
* Joakim Soria near 3-year deal w/ Royals
* Dodgers get Aroldis Chapman from Reds
* Jonathan Papelbon files grievance against the Nationals
* Darren O’Day agree to 4-year deal with Orioles
* Hisashi Iwakuma added by Dodgers
* Lebron James rests vs Heat
* Golden State Warriors
* Danny Ainge reaches out to Kevin McHale
* Timofey Mozgov out 10 to 14 days
* Porzinga Fever
* Valancuinas injured
* Jahlil Okafor had gun pointed at him
* Marcus Smart to miss time due to leg injury
* Kobe Bryant to retire after this season
* 76ers Jahili Okafor gets 2-game suspension
or www.SportzAddix.com 646-378-1303
Matt & Casey talk winners and losers from this past week of football, decide Tar & Feather is the only appropriate punishment for Jonathan Papelbon, discuss the world of Fair or Foul and so much more on the latest episode of Sport Your Argument!
The Washington Nationals dropped a 12-5 decision to the Philadelphia Phillies, but all anyone will be talking about after today's game is the dugout brawl between Bryce Harper and Jonathan Papelbon that took place in the eighth inning of today's game. It can't get much uglier than this... at least Nats fans hope. Brawling with the MVP? Not a good idea, Pap.
Ed & Fuz return after a small hiatus due to their “9-to-5 jobs” to discuss the heated confrontation between the Washington Nationals' Bryce Harper and closer Jonathan Papelbon. Fuz capes up for the potential National League “Most Valuable Player” as he sifts through the rubble that is the Washington's once-promising season. The guys go on to give their hot takes on the National Football League (NFL) as the season reaches its quarter point. The fellas finish off the show talking about the fight game including Wladimir Klitschko, Adrien Broner, and Lucas Matthysse.
In this week's episode, Rob and HookSlide talk about the biggest news in Tigers-dom: Tom Gorzelanny's new arm angle and whether Neftali Feliz should be tendered a contract. Oh, and that whole thing about Ausmus returning next year, too. They also look east to discuss the feud that went down in our nation's capital between Jonathan Papelbon and Bryce Harper, and point out the key differences between the still employed Brad Ausmus and newly-fired Matt Williams.
Topics in this week's episode include:
Why the No. 9 overall draft pick is a good thing
J.D. Martinez didn't hit 40 homers, but that's OK
Daniel Norris threw 54 pitches in an inning and everyone hated it
Tom Gorzelanny, Neftali Feliz, and other players we don't want to see in 2016
Guess who's back? Back again. Ausmus is back. Tell a friend...
Does Al Avila need to Ausmus-proof the roster?
Which teams will (not) win the World Series
Jonathan Papelbon and workplace etiquette
Rest in peace, Buck Farmer
The Tigers' new direction
2:29 - Rounding the Bases: what was the best and worst part of the 2015 season?
21:49 - Warming in the Pen: why to avoid watching Tigers baseball in 2016
44:11 - High and Tight: when did baseball players become above the law?
59:32 - Into the Mob Scene at Home: the guy the Tigers need in 2016
1:15:49 - The 7th Inning Kvetch: why the Tigers are already behind the 8-ball in 2016
The MLB Daily Dish podcast is back for it's second episode. Once again Mike and Chris are behind the microphones, but this week they welcome in a special third co-host. MLB Daily Dish writer and baseball insider Chris Cotillo joins the show bringing his knowledge and insight to the conversation, while also delving into some of the hot topics surrounding the game.
These three discuss two of the hotter topics in the game: Jerry Dipoto being hired as the general manager of the Seattle Mariners and the fiasco between Jonathan Papelbon and Bryce Harper. They also take part in a rapid-fire, roundtable discussion about some of the other topics about the game. So join them.
With just six games remaining in the MLB regular season we should be talking about all of the possible playoff scenarios, but Frat House Mike, Nik Swartz, & Nick are talking about Jonathan Papelbon and Bryce Harper. Surprisingly many around the league are backing Papelbon. Is Bryce Harper that polarizing? Did Harper have it coming, and will Jonathan Papelbon ever pitch for another team again?
So far only the New York Mets have clinched their division. The Pittsburgh Pirates can still mathematically win the NL Central over the St. Louis Cardinals, but it’s not likely, right? And, it’s just a matter of time for the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Chicago Cubs have guaranteed a post-season appearance for the first time in seven seasons.
The AL continues to be the most compelling. The Kansas City Royals have clinched the AL Central and the Toronto Blue Jays are guaranteed the playoffs, but that’s all we know for sure!
Always controversial Bobby Valentine says PED’s are good for sports and eventually will be permitted. Seriously Bobby?
The Clean-Up Hitters of Frat House Sports are checking the Power Rankings; updating their Series Streak Challenge from last week and starting a new one for this weekend; and, taking your calls. You do NOT want to miss this show, OR the chance to call in and talk with the guys about your team, at: 347 – 826 – 9964. Head home to the 'house' from 7:00 – 8:30 pm ET!
Select Sports / September 26th
Jerry Chiles discuss NFL, MLB, Tennis and NHL topics at 12pm ET/9am PT
* 2013 NFL Draft Studs & Duds
* Pete Rose
* Jonathan Papelbon
* Novak Djokovic ends season ranked #1
* Flavia Pennetta and Roberta Vinci rise in women’s rankings
* Serena Williams is season ending #1 player in the world
* James Blake
* Blackhawks trade Kris Versteeg to Hurricanes
* NHL announces 7-year uniform deal
* Simon Gagne retires
* Bryce Salvador retires
* Daniel Briere retires
* PK Subban donation
* Patrick Kane
www.sportzaddix.com or dial live to listen or talk at 646-378-1303.
Fall is here and an increase in sports drama is coming with the arrival of the new season on the calendar. Mike "the Buzz-saw" Asti and George "the Howitzer" Gerbo turn the page to October.
As another Major League Baseball season comes to a close, the focus should be on the playoff positioning, right? Well don't ever underestimate something very asinine surpassing taking over the headlines. The Washington Nationals were supposed to be preparing for a run at a World Series. Instead, the Nats completed one of the most disappointing years in baseball history with one player choking another in the dugout. Jonathan Papelbon put both hands around the neck of the face of the franchise, Bryce Harper. What may triggered this asinine outburst from the superstar closer? Mike rants on the people somehow finding a way to blame Harper for this incident. Are the Nationals in store for a bumpy offseason?
Going into the postseason, it's now about winning baseball over asinine baseball. Angels, Astros, Rangers, or Twins, who will be left out? Is it the Blue Jays AL pennant to lose? How dangerous are the Astros? Should Royal fans be worried about coasting through the season? The Pirates had one of the best records in baseball, but are once again in the Wild Card Game. Does this speak to needing a change in the format?
Another week, another major injury in the NFL. Which star quarterback being out will hurt his team the most? Will an abundane of mostly averages teams allow teams dealing with key injuries to still win? Look at the New England Patriots schedule and find the loss.
Boom goes the Howitzer and Buzz-saw Show, conquering sports radio, one day, at a time....