SORT BY Relevancy
Doctor of the USA TV show and Radio show host Jody Pugh interview Pamela Post-Ferrante about breast cancer and surviving it. As well as how she come up with her book guide for cancer survivors.
Pamela Post-Ferrante, a dynamic writer, teacher and four-time cancer survivor who has created and been leading writing workshops for cancer survivors in Boston area hospitals and other venues for 13 years. Now Pamela has expanded her “community of healing” by publishing Writing & Healing: A Mindful Guide for Cancer Survivors (Hatherleigh/Random House, May 29, 2012). This ground-breaking book helps people find a new and stronger self in the midst of, and after cancer.
Four diagnoses of breast cancers and eight surgeries and treatments for cancer spanned five years of Pamela’s life in the late 90's. By the fourth diagnosis, she vowed that if she lived, she’d help others who have experienced cancer find the “community of healing” that she wished that she had. During Pamela’s long illness she saw friends disappearing. People treated her differently and started to avoid her the more she needed connection. Many didn’t know what to say or do. After the third and fourth diagnosis, very few people were left and her husband of 25 years was gone too.
Freedom From Shame
"Shame: the torment you feel when you’re exposed, humiliated, or rejected; the feeling of not being good enough. It’s a deeply painful and universal emotion, yet is not frequently discussed. For some, shame lurks in the unconscious, undermining self-esteem, destroying confidence, and leading to codependency. These codependent relationships—where we overlook our own needs and desires as we try to care for, protect, or please another—often cover up abuse, addiction, or other harmful behaviors. Shame and codependency feed off one another, making us feel stuck, never able to let go, move on, and become the true self we were meant to be. Learn the steps to freedom from shame and codependency as Dr. Brewer talks with Darlene Lancer, author of "Conquering Shame and Codependency: 8 Steps To Freeing The True You
Today we are going to speak with Gaelin Rosenwaks ,Friday 7/25/2014 2:00PM eastern
Gaelin Rosenwaks is a marine scientist, explorer and photographer. Always fascinated by the marine world. She began her career at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution where she researched over-wintering patterns of Southern Ocean zooplankton. Gaelin earned her Master’s Degree in Coastal Environmental Management from Duke University working with the Tag-A-Giant program and conducting research on the migratory movements of Giant Bluefin Tuna. She has conducted fieldwork throughout the world from the Antarctic to the Arctic on icebreakers to both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans on fishing
vessels. Gaelin founded Global Ocean Exploration (GOE) to share her passion for ocean exploration, marine conservation and photography. GOE ‘Global Ocean Exploration’ is a company devoted to bringing cutting-edge expedition science to the public through photography, writing, and film. She now participates and conducts expeditions in every ocean to alert the public not only to the challenges facing the oceans, but also to what science is doing to understand these changes.
Gaelin is a US Coast Guard Licensed Captain, and a Fellow of both the Royal Geographical Society and the Explorers Club where she served as Secretary of the Board of Directors. She also serves on the Conservation Committee of the Explorers Club. Gaelin has published articles in scientific journals, newspapers and magazines. She has also appeared as a scientific consultant and angler on the National Geographic Channel Series, Fish Warrior.
Meet the man behind "Prosecutors Gone Wild" and "The Definitive Dossier of PTSD in Whistleblowers", Michael Volpe, who has invested thousands of hours in talking with whistleblowers and working to make their stories known.
Dr Pamela Brewer talks with Michael about some of the cases he's covered and his personal committment to helping whistleblowers tell their stories.
The only Buffalo Bills post game show that will let you speak your mind
Dr. Pamela Brewer responds to questions the listeners.
Dr. Pamela Brewer talks with Author, Priscilla Boos as she discusses her love and her grief and her recovery from the loss of her husband in "Meet Me at the Bakery: My Journey through Grief and Back to Life".
As you follow this poignant story, you will find yourself moved and invigorated to live your best life - and to share Priscilla's story and book with those you care about.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (47 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (9 chatters)
- Love Productions (9 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (7 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- TheGod720 (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (5 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Unseen World (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (3 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (3 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (2 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Duke Machado Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Theresa Chaze (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- WBDN Media (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- Cassandra McDonald (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters95 (1 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)