SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode of the The Paleo Transition Terry Shanahan discusses the challenges he sees people struggle with as they attempt to transition to a Palelo Diet. Also disucussed is how long the average person takes to make full transition to the Paleo diet. Finally, the best "first steps" in a trasition are discussed.
Nutritional consultant and Paleo Diet expert Terry Shanahan discusses how Paleolithic Nutrition gets phenomenal results for people. In particular, Terry discusses the current trends in Paleo Nutrition and how some have been so successful at changing their lives with this diet and lifestyle.
John is the author of the new book, The Paleo Manifesto, which is generating major buzz all across the internet. We haven’t really seen a paleo book like this before, and it is by one of the original cavemen in this whole modern paleo movement. Some of you may remember John’s appearance on The Colbert Report a few years back; well his book is finally here. I’m excited to have him on the show.
Liz’s book news (06:22)
21-Day Sugar Detox news (8:28)
Paleo Jerks (12:17)
Thinning Hair (29:28)
Adrenal fatigue (38:40)
Dry Aging Skin (48:32
1. Paleo Blogger Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo [1:55] 2. Nom Nom Paleo new cookbook and iPad app [5:41] 3. Graphic Design and Michelle’s “real world” job reconciliation [16:40] 4. Shift work: Sleep, clean eating, stress and balance. [21:24] 5. Empowering kids to paleo eating. [29:03] 6. School lunches [34:06] 7. Kids and homework [37:31] 8. Getting bone broth to gel [39:35] 9. Sous-vide, pressure cooking, and slow cooking. [41:53] 10. Time spent cooking [44:28] 11. Tips on cooking a brisket [49.13] 12. Rapid fire: books, coffee, alcohol, and TV. [53:44]
Join us on TUESDAY October 1 at 7:00 pm EST as we welcome Elana Amsterdam to the show. Elana is the author of a New York Times Bestselling book, "Paleo Cooking". Additionally, she is founder of one of the most popular food blogs, "Elana's Pantry". This episode is especially important if you suffer from obesity, anorexia, bulimia, bulimarexia, or binge eating disorder. We'll be taking your questions LIVE at 646-378-0494.
Topics:1. Do anchovies have the same health benefits as sardines? [20:11]2. Struggling with postpartum weight loss [23:23]3. Are middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks such a big deal? / Liz's fancy, grass-fed mattress [26:45]4. Candida and die-off symptoms [32:56]5. Egg-free, whey-free protein powder [35:24]6. Are all FODMAPs created equal? [39:13]7. Almond meal vs. blanched almond flour [42:20]8. Paleo wraps or bread [45:21]9. Refrigeration for meals and snacks on the go [49:52]10. Post-workout snacks or meals [54:37]
John Durant makes his first appearance on Underground Wellness Radio to discuss his amazing, new book The Paleo Manifesto. Topics will include:
* What humans can learn from animals in captivity
* Was Moses a microbiologist?
* How vegetarianism hurts the food system
* Why you should “bribe the butcher”
* Is paleo sustainable?
* Why the concept of food miles is deeply flawed
Learn more about John at www.huntergatherer.com.
This week on SOTT Talk Radio we’ll be talking to nutritional therapist, speaker and educator Nora Gedgaudas. Widely recognized as an expert on the 'Paleo Diet', Nora maintains a private practice in Portland, Oregon as both a Board-Certified nutritional consultant and a Board-Certified clinical Neurofeedback Specialist.Nora is also the author of the best-seller Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life, a book that is changing the way people view their diet and health.Examining the healthy lives of our pre-agricultural Paleolithic ancestors and contrasting it with the marked decline humanity has undergone in the Agricultural Age, up to and including today's epidemic 'diseases of civilization', Nora's book shows how our modern grain- and carbohydrate-heavy low-fat diets are a far cry from the high-fat, moderate-protein hunter-gatherer diets we are genetically programmed for.Applying the latest scientific discoveries to the basic hunter-gatherer diet forged in the last Ice Age, Nora's message is that a real alternative is available: a holistic, 'paleo' lifestyle that is helping thousands of people to break the negative feedback loop of poor diet and poor health.Join us this Sunday November 3rd from 2-4pm EST (8-10pm CET, 11am-1pm PST) as we discuss Nora's life-changing work.
John Durant, author of The Paleo Manifesto, joins Sean to discuss the mismatch between our genes and the lives we live today. Topics include:
* What humans can learn from captive gorillas.
* How Moses was a microbiologist.
* Why bio-hacking lies at the very core of evolution.
* How reducing a fever may cause cancer.
* Do vegetarian diets cause mental disorders, or is it the other way around?
* Is paleo sustainable?
Learn more about John at www.huntergatherer.com
Hosted by Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness.
Join Host Live Chats
- The One People Oneness Radio (25 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (16 chatters)
- nikota777 (14 chatters)
- AstroEnergy (9 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (8 chatters)
- The CCVIP Podcast (6 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (6 chatters)
- Rainbow Psychics Radio (4 chatters)
- CandiXRandy (4 chatters)
- AdrianBernard (3 chatters)
- Red Velvet Media (3 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Home School Network (2 chatters)
- SpookHunters Radio (2 chatters)
- Susan J Sohn (2 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Liberty Never Sleeps (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- The Partly Sonnie Show (1 chatters)
- TonyMcBride Show (1 chatters)