SORT BY Relevancy
Jaslyn Ome, Playboy's Miss April 2013, is no stranger to fitness on the water. She's an avid stand-up jet skiier and stand-up paddleboarder. In this episode, we talk to the 21-year-old California native about her passion for water sports, affinity for sharks, and what it's like to be Playboy's latest playmate.
For more than 20 years, Vasa swim trainers have helped top swimmers perform at the highest levels of the sport. In 1989, company founder Rob Sleamaker walked into the American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) World Clinic with an unconventional new product. It was the Vasa Trainer, a swim bench that unknowingly would change dryland swim training forever. Already an acclaimed exercise physiologist and author, Rob had seen the effects of intensely focused dryland training firsthand with Olympic level Nordic skiers—but would the world’s most respected swim coaches be interested in training their swimmers outside of the pool on such a device? Indeed they were, and today the product is a key training device for swimmers, triathletes, and stand-up paddlers. We talk with Rob Sleamaker about the latest in Vasa technology in this episode of The Fitness Buff.
Shelby Chesnes is a surfer, stand-up paddleboarder, and all-around fitness and nutrition buff. "Growing up in (Jupiter) Florida, I was always outdoors," says the 21-year-old, who is Playboy's Miss July. "After graduation, I became obsessed with exercise and nutrition, so now I work out almost every day. It makes me happy and helps me feel good about my body and myself." Chesnes, a budding entrepreneur who opeates a mobile spray tanning business, joins us in this edition of The Fitness Buff Show.
Fitness author Pete Williams, co-author of the new book Paddle Fit, visits with Mr. Media, Bob Andelman, to discuss his new book on paddleboarding for health.
What is Mr. Media® Interviews? The calm of Charlie Rose, the curiosity of Terry Gross and the unpredictability of Howard Stern! Exclusive Hollywood, celebrity, pop culture podcast interviews by Mr. Media®, a.k.a., Bob Andelman, with newsmakers in TV, radio, movies, music, magazines, newspapers, books, websites, social media, politics, sports, graphic novels, and comics! Now in its 5th year! Subscribe FREE on iTunes or mobile devices via the Stitcher app and never miss a show!
Watch or listen to more interviews like this one at http://www.mrmedia.com .
Download the free Mr. Media app for Android phones: http://www.noticeorange.com/r/MrMediaInterviews
Or listen on Stitcher via your iPhone, Blackberry or Palm Pre: http://www.stitcher.com/mrmedia
Stand-up paddleboard racing continues to grow in popularity. This weekend, the Pacifico Paddle Challenge takes place in St. Pete Beach, Fla., and features a Battle of the Paddle style format where athletes alternate between laps of paddling and short beach runs. Race organizer Shane "Waterboy" Webb joins us to preview the race.
sea eagle 11 ft. paddleboard
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (63 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (12 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (3 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (3 chatters)
- GalacticU Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Yizzor Talk (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Universal Christian Ministries (1 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (1 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (0 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (0 chatters)